Elliot Wilson doesn’t think Donald Glover is Hip Hop culture

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Childish Gambino (Donald Glover's)
Hip-Hop card has been up for grabs since he decided to get his rap name from a fukking name generator.

We not about to let this clown rehab his image and suddenly gain legitimate musical clout and compare himself to his betters.

And truthfully, frankly, fukk your opinion if you were losing your shyt over "Camp" and "Because the internet" when his peers were dropping shyt like
Good Kid Madd City or To Pimp A Butterfly or 2014 Forest Hills Drive or For Your Eyez Only Or WOLF or Flower Boy etc.

Bro gets that "Black nerd" stimulus and is seen as special by people who only listen to Linkin Park and MidWest Emo.

:pachaha:

I'm sorry, that shyt don't fly here, this is a Hip-Hop messageboard.
Naw I don’t like this rebranding of dude and them key and peele nikkas, the movies and shows decent though well except that twilight zone shyt

But gambino ain’t make a “back from the dead” or an “almighty so” neither

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
They have no critical thinking skills

None at all

its not about critical thinking.

Elliot Willson is a p*ssy ass "payola" media guy from my understanding.

he might be signed to the ROC.

I don't know his history at all and have never seen him; so I'm inquiring now.

He reeks of being a softer than babyshyt.

If I knew his history I could prolly call it ASAP.

I've only ever seen him on the worst hiphop podcast ever "rap radar" or whatever and sucking dikk all day and acting mad corny.

I really hate brehs like him. I almost wrote gillie off when he was shytting on a tribe called quest for not being "street."

this is no different in my eyes.

I wrote Gille off after cause he dug himself deeper with the Ls.

But at least Gillie rapped. He actually known.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
its not about critical thinking.

Elliot Willson is a p*ssy ass "payola" media guy from my understanding.

he might be signed to the ROC.

I don't know his history at all and have never seen him; so I'm inquiring now.

He reeks of being a softer than babyshyt.

If I knew his history I could prolly call it ASAP.

I've only ever seen him on the worst hiphop podcast ever "rap radar" or whatever and sucking dikk all day and acting mad corny.

I really hate brehs like him. I almost wrote gillie off when he was shytting on a tribe called quest for not being "street."

this is no different in my eyes.

I wrote Gille off after cause he dug himself deeper with the Ls.

But at least Gillie rapped. He actually known.
Yeah, I realize they acquisce to power

But they've done it so long, they don't even stop to think, this applies to the guy who used the n word with the hard r

And who talked down on his own country's slang

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's definitely a bad manager

:troll:

honestly I can see the take people have on him not being hip hop culture, i would disagree, either way he is a creative genius. quadruple threat, music, writing, comedy, acting.

if i was a fellow creative he would annoy the fukk out of me. no one man should be that talented and breh was breaking in at like 24 on primetime NBC sitcoms.:picard:

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Childish Gambino (Donald Glover's)
Hip-Hop card has been up for grabs since he decided to get his rap name from a fukking name generator.

We not about to let this clown rehab his image and suddenly gain legitimate musical clout and compare himself to his betters.

And truthfully, frankly, fukk your opinion if you were losing your shyt over "Camp" and "Because the internet" when his peers were dropping shyt like
Good Kid Madd City or To Pimp A Butterfly or 2014 Forest Hills Drive or For Your Eyez Only Or WOLF or Flower Boy etc.

Bro gets that "Black nerd" stimulus and is seen as special by people who only listen to Linkin Park and MidWest Emo.

:pachaha:

I'm sorry, that shyt don't fly here, this is a Hip-Hop messageboard.

Yall still believe that bullshyt name generator story? Nobody has ever found that to this day bc he made it up!

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I always considered Drake a pop artist. Don't have a signature style and his music is very formulate.

Glover is just an artsy / "backpack" rapper. He at the very least tries to rap about his experience or issues.

Like Elliott said, he's actually Drake that people accuse Drake of being :mjlol:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
If bino drop in 1992 he be with de la soul arrested Development and PM Dawn

If he drops In 1998 he with black star and blackeye peas

If he drop in 2003 he with little brother, kanye

He better singer then rapper but this is America the most important rap song to drop outside of what kendrick doing in terms of social commentary

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tell Elliot Willson to criticize maino.

Bet money he wont.
Honestly, I don't even like Elliot Wilson, I just agree with this particular take, I would like to see him get slapped up by Maino tho.

I probably went to hard but Donald Glover/Childish Gambino is a topic that actually fires me up.

He's been so transparently fake and aspiring to control the narrative of what "Blackness" is.

But he has to understand, you can't do it while not sitting at the table.

There's a reason people like J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar are so much bigger than bro.

They resonate with the people on a much deeper than level.