Elliot Wilson doesn’t think Donald Glover is Hip Hop culture

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
You know whats crazy; Kanye west is in every mainstream GOAT rapper list and this was his thing.

I listen to almost exclusively street rap; but there should be space for other lanes.

Its bizarre because there are SO many thread negatively talking about the "impact" of street rap.

But people are SO quick to completely shyt on anything that ISN'T that.

its hypocritical almost.

I feel like the "rules" of hip-hop are real subjective.

and the "rules" change for everyone depending on if they fukk with you or not.

Diversity isn't a bad thing IMO.

I think it stems from this dislike of any one black who isn’t from the hood. Suburban blacks are looked upon as corny and not authentic. I grew up in Brooklyn but it was Clinton Hill which is historic neighborhood and I was told I wasn’t “black enough” cuz my neighbors were white. Kanye open the gates for those kind of black experiences and that side of black America.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Kanye made non street rap that was exciting and Black as hell

Kanye made sellout c00n toy music.

Which if anyone was actually a bboy for real. They knew the deal on that jiggy sellout c00n nikka too.

Art Barr

*never listened to Kanye west ever.
* never listened to drake ever
Never listened to no sellout c00n nikkaz. Y'all were fooled by.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I think it stems from this dislike of any one black who isn’t from the hood. Suburban blacks are looked upon as corny and not authentic. I grew up in Brooklyn but it was Clinton Hill which is historic neighborhood and I was told I wasn’t “black enough” cuz my neighbors were white. Kanye open the gates for those kind of black experiences and that side of black America.
I think that's a very reductionist way of looking at things

There are Black people who grow up in the suburbs or nice areas, but they grow up around other Black people

If you came up around white people and it shows...:yeshrug:

Last edited:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I think that's a very reductionst way of looking at things

There are Black people who grow up in the suburbs or nice areas, but they grow up around other Black people

if you grew up in NY tho you grew up around everybody :manny:

unless you lived in a couple VERY specific hoods and never left your block.

"it aint where u from; its where u at"

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
He is work with the tv show Atlanta is enough for his hip hop card. Never mind his earlier works when he was a nerdy Lil Wayne clone. Dude is multi talented and does those things very well. Donald is hip hop. Hip hop more than just one look. The fukk outta here.

Girls look better in real tight sweater. Naw I really liked his early works. dope shyt.

I think ATLANTA is some of the best TV I've ever seen. nothing about it isn't authentic; I know this thread is about his music tho. can't speak on that.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I think ATLANTA is some of the best TV I've ever seen. nothing about it isn't authentic; I know this thread is about his music tho. can't speak on that.

I hate that efeminate emasculated bytch nikka show.

No male on that show is indicative of a black male with wind beneath their wings.

I hate this goofie ass nikka.
Ol androgynous pagan style Leroy from fame ass nikka.
All them performing art school ass nikkaz, been under hiphop cultural scrutiny since Leroy from fame.

Why are nikkaz confused about this. If they so-called know hiphop history.

The shyt was outlined in fukk'n breakin. After beat street was some sellout bait and switch classically trained bullshyt.

Art Barr

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I hate that efeminate emasculated bytch nikka show.

No male on that show is indicative of a black male with wind beneath their wings.

I hate this goofie ass nikka.
Ol androgynous pagan style Leroy from fame ass nikka.
All them performing art school ass nikkaz, been under hiphop cultural scrutiny since Leroy from fame.

Why are nikkaz confused about this. If they so-called know hiphop history.

The shyt was outlined in fukk'n breakin. After beat street was some sellout bait and switch classically trained bullshyt.

Art Barr

did you even watch it? it wasn't a hip-hop show.....

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
did you even watch it? it wasn't a hip-hop show.....

I had to turn that p*ssy ass boi bullshyt show tha fukk off.

I am not about to support.
no emasculated effeminate p*ssy ass alternative c00n nikka shyt on no day.

Art Barr

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
So I don't watch the rap radar podcast...ive tried a couple times and hated it.

Long as he on his @Art Barr shyt and tabling everyone who not from the pillars or whatever then thats his opinion.

long as he being fair with it.

edit: did maino check him :russ:

I don’t like it either. LOL!!

But there was an interview with Maino and B Dot where Maino was talking about how Elliot was always sh*tting on his music and why he had a problem with dude. But he said he didn't run up on him when he saw him. He said he's in anger management now, so he just gave dude a handshake and kept it moving.

:lolbron:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I don’t like it either. LOL!!

But there was an interview with Maino and B Dot where Maino was talking about how Elliot was always sh*tting on his music and why he had a problem with dude. But he said he didn't run up on him when he saw him. He said he's in anger management now, so he just gave dude a handshake and kept it moving.

:lolbron:
:mjlol:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I think that's a very reductionst way of looking at things

Fair argument. I know that cuz my neighbors on the other side of my brownstone were black. But it’s just what kids like Donald have faced from other black kids. Being teased or bullied because they aren’t from a certain area or they don’t act stereotypically “black”. This just proves the point. The man raps, made pretty good rap music and yet some jackass doesn’t consider him in culture cuz he made a few r&b records. Give me a break

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Ehhh. I KINDA see his point but at the same time I don't. I think Donald Glover is OD talented. I DO question his dedication to hip hop tho. I never liked the "too good for Hip hop" ass nikkas who get hot off our shyt and then try to branch out and be low key condescending. I think at THIS point Andre 3K fits into that box.