Elliot Wilson doesn’t think Donald Glover is Hip Hop culture

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
:yeshrug:I see the comparison. shyt at this stage in the game DG got the edge, but Jamie, white women and all, Jamie doens't come off like a try hard. Not to mention in terms of personality, rather kick it with Jamie than the breh DG.
Donald Glover don't do anything as good as Jamie

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
saying Donald Glover is not hip hop is crazy. that nikka can rap, and he made "this is america". He forever hip hop

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will Smith was Hip-Hop when Donald Glover was still wetting bed sheets.

Also he never played up anti-black shyt as a "Joke".

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I'm not saying he doesn't have talent

But his acting is subpar

He's regressed as an actor. In community he was ACTING. And I say, I hate how every black male character is basically a mumble mouth whiny bytch. Have some gotdamn umpth. That whole "look bored and be dry" shyt is tired.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
He's regressed as an actor. In community he was ACTING. And I say, I hate how every black male character is basically a mumble mouth whiny bytch. Have some gotdamn umpth. That whole "look bored and be dry" shyt is tired.
Yeah to the whiny bytch part

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
gatekeeping who is hip-hop and who's not is getting crazy. hip-hop has evolved and i think gambino is a result of that evolution: rap, sing, comfortable being vulnerable, can go back and forth from making soul music to hip-hop to alternative. he's talented and hip-hop should embrace him more and his comment at the BET awards is facts.
When they compared him to Jamie Foxx I gagged
i would compare gambino to a new and improved will smith. both can rap, act, produce shows but gambino can sing and do stand-up comedy.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
gatekeeping who is hip-hop and who's not is getting crazy. hip-hop has evolved and i think gambino is a result of that evolution: rap, sing, comfortable being vulnerable, can go back and forth from making soul music to hip-hop to alternative. he's talented and hip-hop should embrace him more and his comment at the BET awards is facts.

i would compare gambino to a new and improved will smith. both can rap, act, produce shows but gambino can sing and do stand-up comedy.
I think they both suck as actors but Will has a niche

Glover is better as a creative behind the camera

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Elliot Willson would never do this with a "street" rapper.

This whole take is gross.

Fukk Elliot Willson outside of running his fukking mouth who is he connected 2 and what is his history?