Elden Ring is the most overrated game I've ever played, Arcadium nikkas owe me $60

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The writing is vague as fukk because if I remember correctly Miyazaki said he'd try to read American fantasy novels when he was younger but he had a limited grasp of English. So he'd have to kinda guess what was going on.

They intentionally leave a lot of info open to interpretation because of that.

Not saying I disagree with you, but it's a conscious decision on their part.

He mentioned multiple enemies so most likely Commander Niall.

Fred.
:damn: I'm just at Castle Sol, I thought 'Commander Niall' was just gonna be some pushover miniboss that drops the second half of that Rold Medallion, you telling me it's some Shadows of Yharnam type situation?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:damn: I'm just at Castle Sol, I thought 'Commander Niall' was just gonna be some pushover miniboss that drops the second half of that Rold Medallion, you telling me it's some Shadows of Yharnam type situation?

You mean the Haligtree Medallion? You don't get the Rold Medallion from Castle Sol.

And you can cheese him.:youngsabo:

I've killed him with and without the glitch.

If you take the path on the left hand side behind the castle and jump off (then double jump) while swinging your weapon the game thinks you've left the area and you'll continue to fall forever.

The plus side is the entire zone disappears too, meaning all the enemies in the vicinity (including Niall) drop to their deaths.

Open the map, go to a Site Of Grace to get out of the fall. Then go back and collect all those Runes.

You have to do it at a very specific spot and time your jumps perfectly but it's a time saver if you just want to complete the Haligtree Medallion.

Fred.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I might have to run this game back because the mods I'm hearing about are :ohlawd:

I hope everyone got to experience pre-nerf Radahn, that might be the greatest boss battle I've ever had outside of Snake/Venom in terms of immersion/environment
Really wish they didn’t nerf that fight, Really wanna go at it with my complete build and hardened skill from playing the game so much,

That first time through, i really thought there was no way in hell i could EVER beat him. That triumph when i finally did was so sweet:wow:
Radahn before nerf was insane on my first play through. That’s when I knew the game was SPECIAL.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
You mean the Haligtree Medallion? You don't get the Rold Medallion from Castle Sol.

If you take the path on the left hand side behind the castle and jump off (then double jump) while swinging your weapon the game thinks you've left the area and you'll continue to fall forever.

The plus side is the entire zone disappears too, meaning all the enemies in the vicinity (including Niall) drop to their deaths.

Open the map, go to a Site Of Grace to get out of the fall. Then go back and collect all those Runes.

You have to do it at a very specific spot and time your jumps perfectly but it's a time saver if you just want to complete the Haligtree Medallion.

Fred.
I said Rold Medallion because I read you have to once again go back to the Rold Lift to get to the Western Mountaintops of the Giants area, but you right

As for Castle Sol, these mobs everywhere are OP as fukk, and keep shooting me with exploding arrows that 1 shot me, it's mad annoying and making me want to uninstall the game

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
That was a funny week when no one could figure out how to beat him lol
Lmao, really? The Rotten Breath method worked back then, right

Also, if you climbed up the side of the cliffs and he tried to follow you, he would fall to his death, but that's been patched

What was different about him in version 1.00?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said Rold Medallion because I read you have to once again go back to the Rold Lift to get to the Western Mountaintops of the Giants area, but you right

As for Castle Sol, these mobs everywhere are OP as fukk, and keep shooting me with exploding arrows that 1 shot me, it's mad annoying and making me want to uninstall the game

Like I said if you just want to complete the medallion, cheese that shyt. That castle is only important for the medallion.

Niall drops some decent shyt but aside from that it's not some kinda super important area you need to 100%. Worst case scenario just cheese it then come back later over leveled to explore it.

Fred.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

Fred.
I think I know the glitch you're talking about, I saw it in some rune farming videos, but the video I saw was in Mohgwyn Palace or whatever

So, wait, ALL enemies in any given area fall to their deaths? Damn, that's a lot of runes :merchant:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think I know the glitch you're talking about, I saw it in some rune farming videos, but the video I saw was in Mohgwyn Palace or whatever

So, wait, ALL enemies in any given area fall to their deaths? Damn, that's a lot of runes :merchant:

It's within a certain circumference from where you jumped off.

You get a decent chunk from Castle Sol, 100k or more. There isn't many enemies where Niall is. Also obviously you only kill him once.

In Mogwyn Palace you get a fukk ton of Runes because you jump from what is essentially the middle of the map. So a lot of enemies fall too. Around 300k or so each time.

The Mogwyn glitch wasn't worth it to me because you have to do a bunch of crazy jumps to get to where you need to be.

There a Grace (called Palace Approach Ledge, something like that) with like 20-30 enemies right there. Use something that does area damage and go nuts.

Same area you can shoot an arrow at a bird and make it jump to it's death, it's like 12k runes each time. Rest at the Grace and repeat.

Fred.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
It's within a certain circumference from where you jumped off.

You get a decent chunk from Castle Sol, 100k or more. There isn't many enemies where Niall is. Also obviously you only kill him once.

In Mogwyn Palace you get a fukk ton of Runes because you jump from what is essentially the middle of the map. So a lot of enemies fall too. Around 300k or so each time.

The Mogwyn glitch wasn't worth it to me because you have to do a bunch of crazy jumps to get to where you need to be.

There a Grace (called Palace Approach Ledge, something like that) with like 20-30 enemies right there. Use something that does area damage and go nuts.

Same area you can shoot an arrow at a bird and make it jump to it's death, it's like 12k runes each time. Rest at the Grace and repeat.

Fred.
Yeah, I've been shooting that bird, and killing those sleeping albinaurics with Radahns greatsword AOE attack

So is there any easy way to max out all stats like in Bloodborne?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I've been shooting that bird, and killing those sleeping albinaurics with Radahns greatsword AOE attack

So is there any easy way to max out all stats like in Bloodborne?

You can't max out all stats per se but there's diminishing returns past....I think 60 or 80 (stat level, not your actual level) so it doesn't matter.

Once you beat the game you get a sword that does a crazy area attack....you can literally kill all those alminaurics at once. That's the best way to farm Runes aside from cheesing the game. You can get millions of Runes in like 10 minutes.

I'm level 250 on my 3rd play through (the game scales with you, up to New Game +7) and nothing is particularly challenging any more. So you don't need to max your character out. You can easily hit around 170 without Rune farming on your first play through.

Fred.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
You can't max out all stats per se but there's diminishing returns past....I think 60 or 80 (stat level, not your actual level) so it doesn't matter.

Once you beat the game you get a sword that does a crazy area attack....you can literally kill all those alminaurics at once. That's the best way to farm Runes aside from cheesing the game. You can get millions of Runes in like 10 minutes.

I'm level 250 on my 3rd play through (the game scales with you, up to New Game +7) and nothing is particularly challenging any more. So you don't need to max your character out. You can easily hit around 170 without Rune farming on your first play through.

Fred.
I see, I'm waiting to get that Holy Relic Sword for the AOE attack, but the Starscourge Greatsword works pretty well on those albinaurics too

Thanks for all the info, breh