Elden Ring is the most overrated game I've ever played, Arcadium nikkas owe me $60

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I might have to run this game back because the mods I'm hearing about are :ohlawd:

I hope everyone got to experience pre-nerf Radahn, that might be the greatest boss battle I've ever had outside of Snake/Venom in terms of immersion/environment

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I might have to run this game back because the mods I'm hearing about are :ohlawd:

I hope everyone got to experience pre-nerf Radahn, that might be the greatest boss battle I've ever had outside of Snake/Venom in terms of immersion/environment
Really wish they didn’t nerf that fight, Really wanna go at it with my complete build and hardened skill from playing the game so much,

That first time through, i really thought there was no way in hell i could EVER beat him. That triumph when i finally did was so sweet:wow:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Alright, just beat Morgott the Omen King and can't help but notice I've fought this mafukka twice before (Margit version, and then again outside near the city walls where he drops a talisman)

The random mobs between areas are simply there to annoy me, there's no way I should be getting one-shotted at level 155 by some bytchass skeletons

Levelling up has really been a letdown since I don't feel formidable at all and my attacks do very little damage even at 50 Strength and Dex and Bloodhound's Fang +7

I can't do this anymore, mang

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

You think facing one enemy at a time is hard... true suffering is not yet known. Took me bout 8 hours to beat one of the later fights. It was really the only time in the game where I thought it was unfair. Had to leave and come back OP as fukk. smh

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Whole company should absorbed into another studio that actually has good writers. Waste of good gameplay and graphics.
Nah, it’s part of the formula and it works for them.

It’s also one reason they can put out great games at such a fast pace.

Create a general outline of the world the game is set in, along with the lore and that’s it. The appeal is exploring and finding out all the details of the world and characters.

No need to focus on trying to create an amazing award winning type story

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Nah, it’s part of the formula and it works for them.

It’s also one reason they can put out great games at such a fast pace.

Create a general outline of the world the game is set in, along with the lore and that’s it. The appeal is exploring and finding out all the details of the world and characters.

No need to focus on trying to create an amazing award winning type story

But wouldn't all of that with a great story make it a much better game?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
But wouldn't all of that with a great story make it a much better game?
:manny: It might but that could then be looked at as using unnecessary resources when that time could be spent on the gameplay and world.

They’ve been dropping GOTY type games every two - three years.

No need to focus on multiple cutscenes, facial or performance capture.

Then add in the fact these games are known for being pretty challenging with no difficulty options, while most games have a menu with an easy mode “enjoy the story” difficulty.

The abstract lore is pretty much a part of the DNA of the franchise.

In a gaming industry where plenty of games have emphasis on story, having one that’s mostly just about the world and gameplay is cool.

It seems to be working, 2022 GOTY and over 20 million copies sold.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
My dumb ass finally got the conduit that will let me do incantations.

I’m so use to being babied I ain’t realize I just had to go buy the shyt. I thought it would be part of a quest.

I went back to the starting area and found like 3 maps. Took out 3 caves since I’m probably over leveled.

Runebear
Stonedigger
The two Demi-humans

Had to turn it off last night when I got to a new cave by Monroe (sp?)

I prolly over leveled my starting sword. It’s +5 now but fukk it. Started using magic and the bolt arrow and it’s open the game up some.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
:francis:

You think facing one enemy at a time is hard... true suffering is not yet known. Took me bout 8 hours to beat one of the later fights. It was really the only time in the game where I thought it was unfair. Had to leave and come back OP as fukk. smh
Which boss?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Whole company should absorbed into another studio that actually has good writers. Waste of good gameplay and graphics.
The writing is vague as fukk because if I remember correctly Miyazaki said he'd try to read American fantasy novels when he was younger but he had a limited grasp of English. So he'd have to kinda guess what was going on.

They intentionally leave a lot of info open to interpretation because of that.

Not saying I disagree with you, but it's a conscious decision on their part.

Which boss?

He mentioned multiple enemies so most likely Commander Niall.

Fred.