Elden Ring is the most overrated game I've ever played, Arcadium nikkas owe me $60

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Found Selena, you really can miss a lot of shyt in this game.

I passed these ruins plenty of times and never thought to check over here.

I’m sure there prolly an obscure hint, somewhere in the game, telling you to come here tho

When you’re a mage class you’re almost required to seek out a lot of that shyt cause thats the only way you can get more spells.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Theres filler that i dont really want to replay, but its almost all optional. The level of build variety makes this game pretty replayable imo
But that 1st time experience was other worldly. The game is just too long to replay as a busy adult.

Like it took me 4 months to beat it. If you have time to binge 6 hours in a day. I got like 45 minutes.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
But that 1st time experience was other worldly. The game is just too long to replay as a busy adult.

Like it took me 4 months to beat it. If you have time to binge 6 hours in a day. I got like 45 minutes.

That's two different things though.

You said the game has no replayability....just because you don't have time to play it, doesn't make that true.

IMO the game has a fukk ton of replayability just due to it's sheer size. You can beat the entire game and miss like 50% of the areas.

I ran through it once, and didn't even know the Frenzy Flame Transcription connects to the Deep Room Depths. And I put like, 180 hours into it because I thought I did literally everything.

People just doing a "regular" play through, even with guides, are gonna miss most of the game.

@hex @Aveda @DaSk8D00D how did you guys kill this red lightning dragon in Crumbling Farum Fazula? He drops an Ancient Dragon somber smithing stone, but he's damn near impossible to kill

My bad man I ain't been on The Coli in like 2-3 days, been busy. I see you finally beat him anyway.

Did you ever fight Malenia?

Fred.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
That's two different things though.

You said the game has no replayability....just because you don't have time to play it, doesn't make that true.

IMO the game has a fukk ton of replayability just due to it's sheer size. You can beat the entire game and miss like 50% of the areas.

I ran through it once, and didn't even know the Frenzy Flame Transcription connects to the Deep Room Depths. And I put like, 180 hours into it because I thought I did literally everything.

People just doing a "regular" play through, even with guides, are gonna miss most of the game.

My bad man I ain't been on The Coli in like 2-3 days, been busy. I see you finally beat him anyway.

Did you ever fight Malenia?

Fred.
I didn't fight Malenia, I thought she was part of the main questline but I think she has to do something with a golden needle side quest or something with that Millicent chick

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I didn't fight Malenia, I thought she was part of the main questline but I think she has to do something with a golden needle side quest or something with that Millicent chick

Malenia is in the 2nd part of two optional connected areas.

And yeah, that area/her ends the quest you're referring to.

Fred.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Brehs, I feel no sense of progression at all. I don't know who these bosses are or why I'm supposed to kill them either. There are no NPCs to give you lore, nor are there any notes in the world. I'm gonna keep playing but at this point I'm just trying to max out my weapons and kill shyt for fun, I stopped caring about the main quest long ago.
Youtube is ur friend, especially with the questlines in this game because it's damn near impossible to figure it out on ur own.

I'm not sure how far you've gotten in the game but I'd look up the Ranni questline and follow it, it'll take u all over the map until u get to the end game

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Youtube is ur friend, especially with the questlines in this game because it's damn near impossible to figure it out on ur own.

I'm not sure how far you've gotten in the game but I'd look up the Ranni questline and follow it, it'll take u all over the map until u get to the end game
Did the Ranni questline, got the Dark Moon Greatsword

As I understand, doing her questline unlocks a new ending later on, but for now I'm doing other stuff, lettuce see what happens

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Did the Ranni questline, got the Dark Moon Greatsword

As I understand, doing her questline unlocks a new ending later on, but for now I'm doing other stuff, lettuce see what happens
Sounds like ur about ready to finish the game then, have u already beat the Fire Giant?

There's also a cool quest and boss at Volcano Manor if u haven't visited yet.

You can also look for the Subterranean Shunning grounds in Leyndell. There's a puzzle at the end that should keep u busy for a while :lolbron:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Sounds like ur about ready to finish the game then, have u already beat the Fire Giant?

There's also a cool quest and boss at Volcano Manor if u haven't visited yet.

You can also look for the Subterranean Shunning grounds in Leyndell. There's a puzzle at the end that should keep u busy for a while :lolbron:
I did Fire Giant, did Rykard at Volcano Manor, did the subterranean shunning grounds but I don't know which puzzle you're talkin bout

I'm at crumbling Farum Azula, but my question is, what's the point of any of this?