Duckburg, NY
Spectrum cable-TV adding 85 HD channels by axing analog signals

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I fukking did it final boss defeated

F6s5.gif

The prep time was a bytch but I used a Antspur Rapier and the Fingerprint shield. Gonna wrap up this final playthrough in the base game then I think I'm retired, I've had enough :flabbynsick:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This map is significantly more of a chore to travel than the base game. The base game was a very fluid adventure with areas that had multiple routes; some very obvious one and some more secret routes. The DLC tries to force you into very specific routes that can be hard to find. I’ve defeated Messmer and have been going in circles trying to find where to go next because every area I have left seems inaccessible.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This map is significantly more of a chore to travel than the base game. The base game was a very fluid adventure with areas that had multiple routes; some very obvious one and some more secret routes. The DLC tries to force you into very specific routes that can be hard to find. I’ve defeated Messmer and have been going in circles trying to find where to go next because every area I have left seems inaccessible.
:dwillhuh:

I don't disagree with your over all point but you're at the easiest to follow part of the game.

Go burn the shadow branches blocking the next area. You should've ran into them after one of the first bosses. The lion I think.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anyway, I beat the DLC like a week ago and forgot to mention it.

Last boss was ass and the ending was abrupt as hell. It seems like From stopped giving a f*ck and/or ran out of time towards the end. Which has been a common theme with them. Their development teams need to work on time management.

Fred.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:dwillhuh:

I don't disagree with your over all point but you're at the easiest to follow part of the game.

Go burn the shadow branches blocking the next area. You should've ran into them after one of the first bosses. The lion I think.

Fred.
I did that, I've been trying to find out how to get to the northern and north east part of the map.
The DLC has been full of long winding tunnels and elevators to get from point a to b.
It's been annoying. It's just not as smooth design wise as the base game was.
I feel like I'm gonna have to look at a guide to get there whereas in the base game, I enjoyed the exploration and would 100% of the time naturally stumble towards key areas that flowed into others.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
On fukkin god if I ever meet Hidetaka Miyazaki in real life I'm gonna just aggro on him and when he asks, “why” I'm gonna just go into berserk mode flailing my arms into his kidneys screaming git gud.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I did that, I've been trying to find out how to get to the northern and north east part of the map.
The DLC has been full of long winding tunnels and elevators to get from point a to b.
It's been annoying. It's just not as smooth design wise as the base game was.
I feel like I'm gonna have to look at a guide to get there whereas in the base game, I enjoyed the exploration and would 100% of the time naturally stumble towards key areas that flowed into others.

Oh ok I misunderstood what you said. I thought you meant you didn't know how to progress the story after Mesmer.

Anyway, yeah. You're right as far as the map lay out but I think From wanted to experiment with vertical exploration as opposed to the base game. I don't mind it but a lot of it isn't very intuitive.

Fred.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I fukking did it final boss defeated

F6s5.gif

The prep time was a bytch but I used a Antspur Rapier and the Fingerprint shield. Gonna wrap up this final playthrough in the base game then I think I'm retired, I've had enough :flabbynsick:

Might as well have thrown mimic tear in there with you because that freakin shield rapier combo is ridiculously op. :laff:
I'm not hatin at all. Im not in the crowd that feels like you have to play x way or else you're a casual but yeezus that combo was top tier cheese. :laff: