Elden Ring DLC - Shadows of the Erdtree

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
When they make the boss a combo generator moving like goku after he got off the gravity machine then cheese begets cheese
I mean....that's with a bunch of these bosses.
I'm beginning to believe that way more people "cheese" in one way or another than they care to admit because of the narrative you see online about being a hardcore gamer.
Messmer and the Dancing Lion both had some absolutely ridiculous move sets.
I'm grossly over leveled and would probably not play any other way.
Screw that chip damage and getting one shot nonsense.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean....that's with a bunch of these bosses.
I'm beginning to believe that way more people "cheese" in one way or another than they care to admit because of the narrative you see online about being a hardcore gamer.
Messmer and the Dancing Lion both had some absolutely ridiculous move sets.
I'm grossly over leveled and would probably not play any other way.
Screw that chip damage and getting one shot nonsense.

I wouldn’t play souls games if there wasn’t a backdoor to cheese most the bosses :yeshrug:

Thats part of the genius of the design for me, and why i dislike Sekiro

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I wouldn’t play souls games if there wasn’t a backdoor to cheese most the bosses :yeshrug:

Nah you gonna avoid a 15 hit sequence then hit the boss once and repeat until staggered. :ufdup:

If you ain’t playing Elden Ring right don’t play it at all. :ufdup:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Nah you gonna avoid a 15 hit sequence then hit the boss once and repeat until staggered. :ufdup:

If you ain’t playing Elden Ring right don’t play it at all. :ufdup:

There's no such thing as overleveled if you didn't farm, who decided these arbitrary rules of staying at level 120 the whole game :dahell:
:yeshrug:Hey I don't get it either.
It's an action RPG.
Grinding is par for the course. There is a loud narrative online though that you ain't really playing the game "the way it's meant to be played" if you're above a certain level, use any ashes, use certain weapons or shields.
I feel like part of what makes the game great is that you can play it however you want.
The fact that you can summon help from a real player for boss fights and the large amount of ashes you can find shows you the game nudges you strongly into a cooperative experience.
It's definitely cool as hell to memorize attack patterns and roll through a boss fight with finesse, but I think a lot of people are lying online and just leveling up high as hell and finding the "cheese" strategies and rushing to tell everyone to "git gud".

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Convergence is updated for the DLC and... bruh :gucci: shyt done found a way to be harder than the base DLC while also easier - both in completely different ways.

I'm outchea runnin fades with under 15 in str/dex at level 100+ - which is beautiful.
But homie... these added boss monsters got the foot all the way up my ass - no diddy - unless I'm playin on 10 at all times.

That said: convergence finally got bows fully viable and ya boy doing work :blessed:

straight Ranger shyt then when they get in close: SURPRISE bytch, catch this Blind Spot from my sleep-inducing backhand blades, then watch me run away from yo narcoleptic ass to throw more arrows from way out the perimeter :blessed:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
:yeshrug:Hey I don't get it either.
It's an action RPG.
Grinding is par for the course. There is a loud narrative online though that you ain't really playing the game "the way it's meant to be played" if you're above a certain level, use any ashes, use certain weapons or shields.
I feel like part of what makes the game great is that you can play it however you want.
The fact that you can summon help from a real player for boss fights and the large amount of ashes you can find shows you the game nudges you strongly into a cooperative experience.
It's definitely cool as hell to memorize attack patterns and roll through a boss fight with finesse, but I think a lot of people are lying online and just leveling up high as hell and finding the "cheese" strategies and rushing to tell everyone to "git gud".

Facts. I summoned my first play through, playing with my cousin. This play through it's been no summons or ashes but I'm level 197, idc about these made up rules. The bosses will still kill me in 2-4 straight hits if I'm caught lacking, I just do a lil more damage, but not enough where I don't have to learn timing or their moveset

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Might as well have thrown mimic tear in there with you because that freakin shield rapier combo is ridiculously op. :laff:
I'm not hatin at all. Im not in the crowd that feels like you have to play x way or else you're a casual but yeezus that combo was top tier cheese. :laff:
Trust me im not offended at all:mjgrin:

That Antspur Rapier had a bleed affinity on it too :lolbron:

i did what i had to do man :manny:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I stopped before Radahn because I needed to beat commander Gayass before I finished the game and was about to finally give in and do a spirit ash for the first time because he is such a broken boss and already killed me about 20 times. So I ran around a bit to get runes to level up one of them to max and was going to accept my fate as a bum who had to use ashes but when I walked thru the fog gate, I couldn't summon the ash cause my fp was too low and I proceeded to whoop Gayass while only using 3 flasks and prefectly dodged his charge 3 times. The true elden lord must have stopped me from making a regret, I was hype af.

Now it's just Radahn :sadcam:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I stopped before Radahn because I needed to beat commander Gayass before I finished the game and was about to finally give in and do a spirit ash for the first time because he is such a broken boss and already killed me about 20 times. So I ran around a bit to get runes to level up one of them to max and was going to accept my fate as a bum who had to use ashes but when I walked thru the fog gate, I couldn't summon the ash cause my fp was too low and I proceeded to whoop Gayass while only using 3 flasks and prefectly dodged his charge 3 times. The true elden lord must have stopped me from making a regret, I was hype af.

Now it's just Radahn :sadcam:
There’s a boss called gay ass? :dame:
And you “proceeded to whoop him while only using 3 flasks”?
This was clearly far from the outskirts of Harlem on the map.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
There’s a boss called gay ass? :dame:
And you “proceeded to whoop him while only using 3 flasks”?
This was clearly far from the outskirts of Harlem on the map.

Gaius :mjlol:

But that became his name after the L's I took. You should have found him, if you beat Messmer his location is in the same castle, after you beat him I think you get like 5-6 scadutree fragments