Elden Ring DLC - Shadows of the Erdtree

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Been playing the main game for the past 3-4 weeks and finally got to beating Mohg. I'm also at the Maliketh fight in the main story (advanced to Ephael in Haligtree and decided to do the other shyt as that place is annoyingly hard lol).

I fukking suck at Souls games so I end up overleveling to have a shot :mjlol:

But basically my question here is if there's anything that changes if I try to go to the DLC area for a while. Will the game even let me go there if I haven't finished the main game's story? I know the DLC is hard as fukk as well but Idk, I guess I'm curious as to when was Shadow of the Erdtree designed to be played :feedme: @Gizmo_Duck
You're at a good place lore wise to start the dlc. And if you think the haligtree was the bad part of town :mjlol: :ufdup: erdtree gonna teach you a lesson

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC

trumpbideneldenringmod2.gif

trumpbideneldenringmod3.gif

MQcY28u.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Been playing the main game for the past 3-4 weeks and finally got to beating Mohg. I'm also at the Maliketh fight in the main story (advanced to Ephael in Haligtree and decided to do the other shyt as that place is annoyingly hard lol).

I fukking suck at Souls games so I end up overleveling to have a shot :mjlol:

But basically my question here is if there's anything that changes if I try to go to the DLC area for a while. Will the game even let me go there if I haven't finished the main game's story? I know the DLC is hard as fukk as well but Idk, I guess I'm curious as to when was Shadow of the Erdtree designed to be played :feedme: @Gizmo_Duck

Yeah you can go now but if you’re someone that likes to over level you should try and get to 150 at least to start it

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah you can go now but if you’re someone that likes to over level you should try and get to 150 at least to start it
I was grossly over leveled for the base game at 100.
It really depends on what weapon(s) you're using and how you apply your attribute points.
I ran with Uchigatana for about 80% of my base game play through and then Radahn's heavy sword for the rest.
Nearly all my attribute points went to strength, dexterity, and endurance.
Virtually no arcane, mind, or faith points.

The mistake I made when I started this game when it came out and immediately shelved it was I played it like any other RPG.
I leveled up and saw "Strength" and thought..."Yeah I want my character to do more damage. Let me put my points there".
In this game it doesn't quite work that way.
Each weapon "gets stronger" differently like Uchigatana which scales through the dexterity points.
Once I understood that, I started to level up my character for my weapon's class and not arbitrarily leveling up based on traditional RPG conventions.

Enemy weaknesses play a huge part but for most people starting I would say find a way that has a decent passive effect (bleed is my favorite) look at the weapon's attribute scales and apply your attribute points to those attributes. Then if you find yourself in need of a more stamina or magic, level those up a bit at a time, but the bulk of your points need to go the direction your weapon of chose tells you it wants.

At least that's how I've come to understand it and it's worked incredibly well for me.
It's crazy that I hit 100 hours of play time and defeated Messmer and I still am learning different mechanics of the game.
Hell, it wasn't until AFTER I defeated Melania that I learned what great runes do and how to use them.