Elden Ring DLC - Shadows of the Erdtree

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Oh ok. The guy on the pig. Yeah. I killed him. LOL

I ain't gonna lie it's weird how everyone's brains work. I killed Messmer in 7 tries, Renella in 3 tried, Romina in 1 try and Sennasax in 1 try, Dancing Lion in 2 tries (and 1 try when you fight it again) but I got completely washed in 30+ tries by Bayle, Putricant Knight and Gaius. I've seen people with the complete opposite problem as me

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I ain't gonna lie it's weird how everyone's brains work. I killed Messmer in 7 tries, Renella in 3 tried, Romina in 1 try and Sennasax in 1 try, Dancing Lion in 2 tries (and 1 try when you fight it again) but I got completely washed in 30+ tries by Bayle, Putricant Knight and Gaius. I've seen people with the complete opposite problem as me
I mopped the floor with OG radahn on my first try.
The only bosses that gave me any kind of significant grief were Malenia, Messmer, and Putricant Knight. That said, I haven’t had to fight a single boss more than 10 or so times.

Han Yolo

Pro
Daps
Haha I had this issue with Dark Souls 3. Didn't really have a problem with Nameless King, Friede, or Gayle but had a mental block against Midir.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Finally beat Bayle the bytchass. For some reason Igor had him in stun lock, but considering his crazy ass aggro I’ll take it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
FINALLY got to Bonny Village.
There’s no freakin way the team the made the map for the base game has ANYTHING to do with the map for the DLC.
This has to be the most obnoxious map (or at least top 5 most obnoxious) I’ve ever played in any game

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FINALLY got to Bonny Village.
There’s no freakin way the team the made the map for the base game has ANYTHING to do with the map for the DLC.
This has to be the most obnoxious map (or at least top 5 most obnoxious) I’ve ever played in any game

I didn't think it was THAT bad but there were more big, yet pointless areas than I expected.

The main game had that too, especially in the 2nd half, but the DLCs hype was that the whole overworld was good this time like Limgrave. And it wasn't. DLC was still very good though, 9/10

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I didn't think it was THAT bad but there were more big, yet pointless areas than I expected.

The main game had that too, especially in the 2nd half, but the DLCs hype was that the whole overworld was good this time like Limgrave. And it wasn't. DLC was still very good though, 9/10
Nah bruh. The map is horrendous.
It's full of very specific paths you have to go through.
In the base game, you could study the map a bit and make sense of what you had to do to get from point a to b and most important areas had multiple ways of reaching them.

If you were to look at the DLC map, you would think to get to the right side of the shadow keep all you have to do is explore the shadow keep itself but no...these morons thought it would be genius to make you go through an incredibly easy to miss hole in the ground all the way at Moorth Ruins, travel through a winding cave that spits you out at Bonny Village, over bridges and mountains, all the way around the cathedral, over a flooded area with weird jumps you have to make and back into the Shadow Keep where you have to walk on beams all over the ceiling to get where you need to go.

I'm a big fan of the game now after a long time of it not clicking with me, but the base game never felt like a chore to me.
This DLC, I dread every time I can't immediately find where I need to go because it almost always results in me losing an hour or two blindly searching for steps down the sides of cliffs, hidden holes in the ground, ladders in obscure places, etc.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Nah bruh. The map is horrendous.
It's full of very specific paths you have to go through.
In the base game, you could study the map a bit and make sense of what you had to do to get from point a to b and most important areas had multiple ways of reaching them.

If you were to look at the DLC map, you would think to get to the right side of the shadow keep all you have to do is explore the shadow keep itself but no...these morons thought it would be genius to make you go through an incredibly easy to miss hole in the ground all the way at Moorth Ruins, travel through a winding cave that spits you out at Bonny Village, over bridges and mountains, all the way around the cathedral, over a flooded area with weird jumps you have to make and back into the Shadow Keep where you have to walk on beams all over the ceiling to get where you need to go.

I'm a big fan of the game now after a long time of it not clicking with me, but the base game never felt like a chore to me.
This DLC, I dread every time I can't immediately find where I need to go because it almost always results in me losing an hour or two blindly searching for steps down the sides of cliffs, hidden holes in the ground, ladders in obscure places, etc.

On fukkin point. I have a whole thread rant on this DLC I’m planning that’s going to get me negged.

The way the overworld is built makes exploration a fukkin nightmare. Ruah Ruins is a great example I scoured that entire fukkin region to find the map. I gave up just went to IGN.

Map_-_Rauh_Ruins_Location.jpg

That shyt makes no sense. That and the verticality doesn’t help because jumps you think you’ll survive will kill you. I’m still exploring but right now the world feels dead.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Finally got Radahn out the paint, beat every boss solo :wow:

I used the fingerprint shield strategy and placidusax spear idgaf, his health bar hit 0 after about 7 tries. Just using my power stance dex build was gonna take a damn miracle to beat that fireworks show

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Gonna have to hard disagree on the map. The obtuse connections and way it is interwoven was super fun to uncover. I found it extremely cool I went down a ladder in a dungeon and ended up in a whole new area 20 miles away. (that same dungeon branches to several secrets).

I get the criticism but I found it extremely rewarding to figure that stuff out exploring.

There is also sort of this DS1 interconnectivity where areas loop in on eachother that I always enjoy as well.