Elden Ring DLC - Shadows of the Erdtree

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Killed Radahn and got smacked in the face by one of the laziest cutscenes and piss poor excuses of an ending I have ever seen. Really? That’s it? This game’s side panel narrative is borderline infuriating to me.

• Haha
Reactions: hex

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Dump messmer bytch asss off
NGplus
No blessings, 20 vigor
Litemer

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This is fukking bullshyt. I stopped playing for a week. Come back to the game and somehow lost all the progress I made in the Shadow Real. What the fukk gotta start again? :why: :pacspit:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
Elden Ring bosses were the hardest in the game, my timing is now impeccable, I'm replaying ds3 and I'm running through bosses like paper mache, Abyss Watchers got murked first try while only using 3 flasks

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
That blood fiend drumstick with blood ashes made the bosses way easier for me.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:yeshrug:Hey I don't get it either.
It's an action RPG.
Grinding is par for the course. There is a loud narrative online though that you ain't really playing the game "the way it's meant to be played" if you're above a certain level, use any ashes, use certain weapons or shields.
I feel like part of what makes the game great is that you can play it however you want.
The fact that you can summon help from a real player for boss fights and the large amount of ashes you can find shows you the game nudges you strongly into a cooperative experience.
It's definitely cool as hell to memorize attack patterns and roll through a boss fight with finesse, but I think a lot of people are lying online and just leveling up high as hell and finding the "cheese" strategies and rushing to tell everyone to "git gud".

Yea, just got around to beating the DLC and as much as i love the game, a lot of that memorizing attack patterns bs is straight cap :mjlol:

Ever since GoW 2018, I've used terms such as "staying in the pocket" and "applying the sweet science" to describe what mastery of good game mechanics allow you to do. "Git gud" in GoW makes you realize rune attacks are just a nice to have. Master making reads, then strike, block/evade, parry, counter, will have you feel like Floyd or T-Crawford the way you'll break mf'ers down. Like when a corner tells a boxer to stop swinging for a knockout (spamming L1 and L2) and just box.

Whereas in ER, while you can "box" the regular enemies and do so with more build variety than GoW (or just spam L1 and L2 if you still prefer)... and, yes, having that variety/customization is when the game is at it's most fun... a number of the boss battles throw all that out the window. Either got to find the cheese build, call in the troops, or be so over-leveled it don't matter.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yea, just got around to beating the DLC and as much as i love the game, a lot of that memorizing attack patterns bs is straight cap :mjlol:

Ever since GoW 2018, I've used terms such as "staying in the pocket" and "applying the sweet science" to describe what mastery of good game mechanics allow you to do. "Git gud" in GoW makes you realize rune attacks are just a nice to have. Master making reads, then strike, block/evade, parry, counter, will have you feel like Floyd or T-Crawford the way you'll break mf'ers down. Like when a corner tells a boxer to stop swinging for a knockout (spamming L1 and L2) and just box.

Whereas in ER, while you can "box" the regular enemies and do so with more build variety than GoW (or just spam L1 and L2 if you still prefer)... and, yes, having that variety/customization is when the game is at it's most fun... a number of the boss battles throw all that out the window. Either got to find the cheese build, call in the troops, or be so over-leveled it don't matter.
Case in point, you almost never see the people that brag about beating a boss “the real way” doing tiny chips of damage in their vids. They almost always have a high level build with the right buffs and weapons the enemy is weak against to pull chunks of life off of them.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Case in point, you almost never see the people that brag about beating a boss “the real way” doing tiny chips of damage in their vids. They almost always have a high level build with the right buffs and weapons the enemy is weak against to pull chunks of life off of them.

That last boss in the DLC for example... most unserious mfer ever, i was not going to stress over more than i had to with the bs he was on :russ:

After the first like 15 deaths before finally getting to his phase 2 form I was like oh gtfo here, and went to the fextralife site to see what they suggest that aligned with my melee/faith build, which was spam scarlet rot + use the shield and lance/poke cheese. I summoned a co-op on the same bs and we packed him up on our first go.

Mind you, it took me 6 hours worth of attempts to beat whatsherface with the twin fire/magic blades bc i wanted to do it "the real way" :mjlol: