Dr. Dre Hip Hop's Greatest Producer

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's my GOAT, he's basically produced in every era of hip hop. NWA, Doggystyle, Chronic, Marshall Mathers LP, 2001, GRODT, Documentary, The Big Bang & Relapse were all well produced albums.
Even though he doesnt have a production credit on Good Kid Maad City and To Pimp A Butterfly you can tell he had his fingerprints on the sound of the albums

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
f27fcd4beb2e84af88bb5e2938f5672f.jpg

6ce4f9967c910dda3c39793c2a02d3c6--hip-hop-artists--cent.jpg

drdrekendricklamar-480x655.jpg
B6K9ZQJCIAA-qv9.jpg

vibe-lftdr-compressed.jpg

1664b1506678cf9ae056244297dce33c.jpg

615857b3e34701874276932ab3e14088.jpg

tumblr_n7ogku92XJ1szbfero1_1280.jpg

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Even though he doesnt have a production credit on Good Kid Maad City and To Pimp A Butterfly you can tell he had his fingerprints on the sound of the albums

You right TPAB and GKMC do have Dr. Dre fingerprints on the album, here's why and tells you about the Greatness of Dr. Dre.

TPAB was recorded and mixed at Dr. Dre studio, Dre have one of the best studio in hip hop.

TPAB and all Kendricks album (And TDE Albums) are mixed by One of the best engineer in hip hop, TDE Engineer MixedByAli, MixedbyAli was taken in by Dr. Dre, Dr. Dre showed him tricks and how to mixed records. MixedbyAli is a Dre disciple on the Engineer Boards, so that's why you hear Dr. Dre influence on that album, and you know Dre was cleaning the album up on the production side, adding little things

Here's MixedbyAli talking about Dr. Dre when Dre and MixedbyAli was mixing GKMC

Did you mix the album?
Yup. Me and Dre did like five songs. I did the rest of ’em [by myself]. It was a dope experience. First time really working with Dre. For the last year and a half, two years, he’s been showing me things, but this was the first time we really was able to get in the studio and go hands on.

What did you pick up or learn in that process?
It’s so much. With Dre, I could just watch him work and I’ll learn something. Dre is a perfectionist. I would love to be somewhat like him in my career. Everything he does has to be perfect. He knows what he likes to hear and he knows what direction he want to take each record. A lot of engineers do it in a science: The kicks first, the snares, the percussion, the hi hats; they do it down the line. Dre, when he hears a record, he hears the record in the whole and he takes it to the next level.

Read More: Meet Mixed by Ali, the Man Behind the Sounds of TDE - XXL | Meet Mixed by Ali, the Man Behind the Sounds of TDE - XXL

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

And Dr. Dre produced one of the first hip hop/soul/r&b albums with Michel'le which is consider a classic hip hop soul album, the only producers can say that is Kanye West with John Legend Lifted and Teddy Riley when he created New Jack Swing and produced Guy's Guy, Keith Sweat, Bobby Brown and Al. B Sure Albums

Dr. Dre is the Greatest hip hop producer

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

Dre blessed 50 with this Monster Ass Banger, this single broke records and shut shyt down, and just think this track Dre had for Rakim and was sitting on it for years

This is a top 10 Dre beat for me. I'll take this over Still Dre any day, especially in a club setting. That groove is KILLER. In fact, it's one of few 'funky' Dre joints.

"In Da Club" was supposed to be for Rakim? :wtf: Any receipts on that?

One of my all-time favorite Dre beats:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This is a top 10 Dre beat for me. I'll take this over Still Dre any day, especially in a club setting. That groove is KILLER. In fact, it's one of few 'funky' Dre joints.

"In Da Club" was supposed to be for Rakim? :wtf: Any receipts on that?

One of my all-time favorite Dre beats:

All the beats that 50 got from Dr. Dre that was on Get Rich Or Die Trying was all Rakim beats, Rakim passed on them and when Rakim left those beats was sitting around, Dre even passed In Da Club to D-12 and they didn't know what to do with it, 50 heard them and took it.

You can find articles on it from D-12, Stat Quo and 50