Dr. Dre Hip Hop's Greatest Producer

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Chris Glove Taylor, Stu B Doo, Neff U, Budda with Mel-man where all influential in Aftermath early sound, They got production credits on Dr. Dre Presents The Aftermath Album, they got a platinum plaque, got their name out there because of Dr. Dre, they got placements on Xzibit 40 Dayz and 40 Nightz and Ras Kass Rassassination album.

They started to get big head trying to say They was the mind and beats behind aftermath and they left. When XXL was beefing with Dre, they got a cover and saying they making they own Record Label, Dre needs them, they are the true producers

Looked what happened to them, never got they label off, burned they bridges and rarely was heard off again.

Mel Man was the only loyal dude and he got a 6x platinum plaque and his name as Co Producer of 2001

A few of them brought their asses back to Aftermath, LMAO

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
You are correct, Dre was not credited in the credits of the Album, DJ Pooh and Soopafly had one credit as producer

But you can tell some of them tracks was Dr. Dre on them.

Here's are the track from Dogg Food that finally have Dr. Dre name on them as The Producer and Co Producer

2. Dogg Pound Gangstaz" Dr. Dre, Dat nikka Daz 5:21

3. "Respect" (featuring Dr. Dre,Prince Ital Joe, Nancy Fletcher & Big Pimpin' Delemond) Dr. Dre, Dat nikka Daz

13. "Some Bomb Azz p*ssy" (featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg &Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis) Dat nikka Daz, Dr.Dre

And Dr. Dre mixed the Whole Album, Dre didn't put his name on the credits because he wanted the lil homie to Shine. And look how Daz repaid him

Is this official? I got the remastered version and the production was credited to Daz, but Dre CLEARLY had his hands in some of those songs -- "Respect" being the most obvious :martin: and this would confirm that. Daz is great but that shyt was :picard: level.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Is this official? I got the remastered version and the production was credited to Daz, but Dre CLEARLY had his hands in some of those songs -- "Respect" being the most obvious :martin: and this would confirm that. Daz is great but that shyt was :picard: level.

All versions from original print to re-release have produced by Daz, cost to much money to change that shyt. But those are the songs Dre produced with Daz, came from The studio sessions.

It was probably Dre doing, Dre wanted Daz name out there.

You clearly can see how Daz Production on Dog Food was different from RRGB and Gang Related Soundtrack.

Derekjackson2

Banned
Daps
You are correct, Dre was not credited in the credits of the Album, DJ Pooh and Soopafly had one credit as producer

But you can tell some of them tracks was Dr. Dre on them.

Here's are the track from Dogg Food that finally have Dr. Dre name on them as The Producer and Co Producer

2. Dogg Pound Gangstaz" Dr. Dre, Dat nikka Daz 5:21

3. "Respect" (featuring Dr. Dre,Prince Ital Joe, Nancy Fletcher & Big Pimpin' Delemond) Dr. Dre, Dat nikka Daz

13. "Some Bomb Azz p*ssy" (featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg &Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis) Dat nikka Daz, Dr.Dre

And Dr. Dre mixed the Whole Album, Dre didn't put his name on the credits because he wanted the lil homie to Shine. And look how Daz repaid him

The story goes Eazy E was contractually earning up to 20% off of everything with Dr Dre as an artist or producer. After the accounting numbers off the Chronic & Doggystyle come in , Dre was making about what he was at Ruthless so he fell back from putting his name on credits & earning as an executive producer but he still worked on records. All the producers talked shyt about Dre then show respect later on. Strange.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
The story goes Eazy E was contractually earning up to 20% off of everything with Dr Dre as an artist or producer. After the accounting numbers off the Chronic & Doggystyle come in , Dre was making about what he was at Ruthless so he fell back from putting his name on credits & earning as an executive producer but he still worked on records. All the producers talked shyt about Dre then show respect later on. Strange.

I forgot about that, Eazy was eating real Good off of The Chronic and Doggystyle, that's why Dre was falling back on Production for Murder Was The Case and Above The Rim Soundtrack and letting Daz getting all that shine and having Soopafly, DJ Quik producing.

Now I'm wondering how many of those tracks on those soundtracks that Dre had produced with Daz

Phantom Dreamer

All Star
Daps
All versions from original print to re-release have produced by Daz, cost to much money to change that shyt. But those are the songs Dre produced with Daz, came from The studio sessions.

It was probably Dre doing, Dre wanted Daz name out there.

You clearly can see how Daz Production on Dog Food was different from RRGB and Gang Related Soundtrack.

That makes a lot of sense, seeing as what happened with the Doggystyle credits.

This also makes sense. Snoop stated in that old DubCNN interview that Dre really put in work, production-wise, on Dogg Food. But he's not in the credits. Daz is amazing in his own right, but some of that shyt was :wow::picard: GOAT level and his beats haven't sounded like that, or progressed since :patrice:.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

DX: You mentioned on “That Way” from your last album that you previously “made beats with Dre.” Can you reveal what songs those beats became?

Soopafly: Uh … “Natural Born Killaz.” Uh … “[Keep Their Heads] Ringin’.” [Laughs] A lot of [the] Above The Rim [soundtrack]: “Big Pimpin’.” During that time, the Murder Was The Case Soundtrack, things like that. “Who Got Some Gangsta shyt?

First of all Soopafly was brought to Death Row by Dr. Dre when he was 19 years old and Soopafly played the keyboard on those joints, these was his words

But @Derekjackson2 you was right, I always had a suspicion that Dr. Dre was behind some of those Daz tracks on Above The Rim and Murder was The Case

And I knew Big Pimpin was a Dre Track

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
That makes a lot of sense, seeing as what happened with the Doggystyle credits.

This also makes sense. Snoop stated in that old DubCNN interview that Dre really put in work, production-wise, on Dogg Food. But he's not in the credits. Daz is amazing in his own right, but some of that shyt was :wow::picard: GOAT level and his beats haven't sounded like that, or progressed since :patrice:.

:russ:

Don't get my wrong I'm a Dat nikka Daz and Soopafly fan of they production.

But I'm just like you, None of Daz Production sound like his production on Dogg Food and Murder was The Case, I knew when Daz produced his Death Row Solo RRGB and Gang Related. The albums banged but I was like:patrice:

The G in the G Funk was missing, the music don't bang hard, where the Drums, the musicianship.

Now we know it was Dre, all this time Daz everybody was saying It was Daz that was producing them tracks when it was Dre that was cleaning Daz shyt up and Co producing his shyt, basically producing those tracks