Dr. Dre Hip Hop's Greatest Producer

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
your production style isn't supposed to change depending on your ghost-producers.
nor is your rapping style supposed to change depending on your ghostwriters.

but they both do for dr dre, and youre defending him to the death.

have a good day.

But NOID production on Resurrection sounds nothing like on 444, or that Common album he produced a few years ago or like on Watch the Throne

Get your shyt straight

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
But NOID production on Resurrection sounds nothing like on 444, or that Common album he produced a few years ago or like on Watch the Throne

Get your shyt straight

is his change of sound because he switched ghost-producers?? if not, then go sitdown somewhere.

we get it. you love dr dre.
but stop thinking with your d*ck.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
None of those dudes have produced records that are classic on the level of Dre's records.

It's like comparing dudes who made the all-star team to Michael Jordan.

Like yeah, there's a lot of all-stars out there and then there's dudes who changed the game.

Marley Marl changed the game more than Primo

The Bomb Squad changed the game more than primo

Even halfway hip-hop/pop producers like Timberland & The Neptunes did more to change the game than Primo

Dre is bigger than Hip-Hop while being Hip-Hop.

"Straight Outta Compton" changed the world. That's why they're making movies about that shyt. Aint nobody making movies about Gangstarr.

"The Chronic" changed music.

"Doggystyle" changed music

Eminem changed music

50 Cent's debut changed music, breh.

Primo's consistently good, fine. But his peaks haven't changed Hip-Hop or music or culture.

He's just a good producer, not a game change.

Dre (and to a lesser extent Kanye) are game changers.

Really? I thought hipsters were obsessed with "keepin it real", :mjlol:

The hipster argument would be that Dre is overrated because he's so popular.

Hipsters are against what's popular. That's the whole point in being a hipster.

And beat for beat, Dre & Premier are not in the same category, because Dre's beats are embedded in American culture's DNA

Primo's got NOTHING close to "Straight Outta Compton", "The Chronic", "Doggystyle", etc. . . .

The closet thing he has is the beats he did on "Illmatic", which was a game changer, but Pete Rock, Large Professor, & Q-Tip were a big part of that too.
first of all, u can't talk about changing the game and THEN mention Jordan as being leagues above everyone else because no one changed the game like Kareem and Wilt. They kept creating rules because Wilt and Kareem were so dominant. They changed rules to help Jordan become an unstoppable player. Hard fouls became flagrants. Handchecking was done away with for the first time during the 94-95 season and when Jordan came back later in the year(that Stern knew) it REALLY made him unstoppable.

. Straight outta Compton was a direct result of Bomb Squad. Yo Bum Rush the Show already had that type of production. You can see early pictures of dudes in NWA like Ice Cube wearing clocks. NWA and PE knew each other and toured before Nation of Millions and SOC dropped so Dre was hearing what Bomb Squad was working on so they influenced him to use multiple samples per song in production. These are facts, not fiction or opinion. Dre was influenced by Low End Theory to clean up his sound even more for Chronic from what Bob Power was doing behind the boards. So technically that Nation of Millions sound is what you're giving SOC credit for. I love both albums. I own both albums on vinyl and cd.

Primo definitely influenced the game. When sample clearances started to become high, he was taking 1 or 2 notes chopping and creating beats. Now he aint the first to sample, but he mastered the art of the chop. U got a dude from Texas that defined a while era in which NY claims him haha. Scratches on the hooks, chopping, pauses in the sample.

We're talking strictly about hip hop music. Ice Cube is bigger than hiphop. Eminem is bigger than hip hop. Snoop Dogg is bigger than hip hop. When you cross over to white people, that happens, but what you do outside of hip hop music means jack shyt for what you do in it. I can't think of 2 rappers bigger than hip hop music than Will Smith and Mark Wahlberg. Are we gonna list all of the movies they've done to talk about their hip hop accolades? Dre is dope, Primo is dope. Dre got classics, Primo got classics. I don't give a fukk if a cracker acknowledges it or not. Because i'm 100% sure Gwyneth Paltro has never owned a copy or heard Reasonable Doubt, but she's a Jay Z fan.

You guys here thinking that I hate dre. I was listening to this shyt 30 years ago. I'm not some 20 year old you can try to type a lot shyt like I don't know about. I was right there when all of this stuff was dropping. No rap television shows(before YO and rap city) in my area. Rap not on the radio. No internet. All the shyt you knew was from magazines and word of mouth. I'm not gonna argue that the chronic or SOC isn't better than Primo produced albums because they are, but does that mean Primo doesn't have classics? Because none of those albums are better than Nation of Millions and I'd put fear of a Black Planet up against anything ever released on death Row. but we aint gonna go there cuz they all are classic records

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
first of all, u can't talk about changing the game and THEN mention Jordan as being leagues above everyone else because no one changed the game like Kareem and Wilt. They kept creating rules because Wilt and Kareem were so dominant. They changed rules to help Jordan become an unstoppable player. Hard fouls became flagrants. Handchecking was done away with for the first time during the 94-95 season and when Jordan came back later in the year(that Stern knew) it REALLY made him unstoppable.

. Straight outta Compton was a direct result of Bomb Squad. Yo Bum Rush the Show already had that type of production. You can see early pictures of dudes in NWA like Ice Cube wearing clocks. NWA and PE knew each other and toured before Nation of Millions and SOC dropped so Dre was hearing what Bomb Squad was working on so they influenced him to use multiple samples per song in production. These are facts, not fiction or opinion. Dre was influenced by Low End Theory to clean up his sound even more for Chronic from what Bob Power was doing behind the boards.

Primo definitely influenced the game. When sample clearances started to become high, he was taking 1 or 2 notes chopping and creating beats. Now he aint the first to sample, but he mastered the art of the chop. U got a dude from Texas that defined a while era in which NY claims him haha. Scratches on the hooks, chopping, pauses in the sample.

We're talking strictly about hip hop music. Ice Cube is bigger than hiphop. Eminem is bigger than hip hop. Snoop Dogg is bigger than hip hop. When you cross over to white people, that happens, but what you do outside of hip hop music means jack shyt for what you do in it. I can't think of 2 rappers bigger than hip hop music than Will Smith and Mark Wahlberg. Are we gonna list all of the movies they've done to talk about their hip hop accolades? Dre is dope, Primo is dope. Dre got classics, Primo got classics. I don't give a fukk if a cracker acknowledges it or not. Because i'm 100% sure Gwyneth Paltro has never owned a copy or heard Reasonable Doubt, but she's a Jay Z fan.

:ufdup: No bomb rush didn't. It takes a Million and Straight Outta Compton was both influenced by Ced Gee production on Ultramagnetic MC's Critical Beat down, his production changed the Game and those productions techniques and samples influence the Bomb Squad and Dr. Dre, Even Hank Shocklee said it plenty of times in the interview

You act like Chuck D was rocking the Raiders Gear and Raiders hat, that was NWA, and NWA straight outta Compton had more or just as much impact socially as It Takes A Million, both Chuck D and Questlove said that.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
:ufdup: No bomb rush didn't. It takes a Million and Straight Outta Compton was both influenced by Ced Gee production on Ultramagnetic MC's Critical Beat down, his production changed the Game and those productions techniques and samples influence the Bomb Squad and Dr. Dre, Even Hank Shocklee said it plenty of times in the interview

You act like Chuck D was rocking the Raiders Gear and Raiders hat, that was NWA, and NWA straight outta Compton had more or just as much impact socially as It Takes A Million, both Chuck D and Questlove said that.
I think you need to check your dates. Nation of Millions dropped before Critical Beatdown. And actually Nation of Millions dropped before SOC and chuck did have the raiders hat on his album cover first :russ:. We can sit here and debate what is what, but we can't debate dates. Explain to me how the Bomb Squad was influenced on Nation of Millions by an album that was finished and released AFTER theirs. Now Ced Gee had been out for a while working with BDP, but next time you go on Wikifpedia before coming here to talk about something, make sure you check the dates next time. What's next? You gonna tell us how Dre influenced Quincy Jones to produce Thriller with nikkaz4Life?

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I think you need to check your dates. Nation of Millions dropped before Critical Beatdown. And actually Nation of Millions dropped before SOC and chuck did have the raiders hat on his album cover first :russ:. We can sit here and debate what is what, but we can't debate dates. Explain to me how the Bomb Squad was influenced on Nation of Millions by an album that was finished and released AFTER theirs. Now Ced Gee had been out for a while working with BDP, but next time you go on Wikifpedia before coming here to talk about something, make sure you check the dates next time. What's next? You gonna tell us how Dre influenced Quincy Jones to produce Thriller with nikkaz4Life?

You do know Critical Beatdown was being recorded in 1986, Right? And didn't finished recording in 1988. You didn't think The Shocklee Brothers wasn't around Ced Gee Circle and heard this new production style

The Shocklee Brothers stated that Critcal Beatdown inspired It Takes A Million on the production side, I take their words over yours.

Chuck D wearing a Raiders Hat on his first album:mjlol:, you talking out your ass, He had a White Kool Moe Dee leather style hat on.

NWA was wearing Raider Hats and gear in late 86 and early 87 in their interviews, videos magazine promoting NWA and The Posse.

Stop talking out your ass and stop catching feelings

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This nikka said Chuck D had on a Raiders Hat on PE first album cover :russ:

baff0fe9796305f00a1229b4cb560f0d.1000x1000x1.jpg

Yeah okay nikka:mjlol:

Get yo shyt together. It was NWA that brought the Raiders Gear to Hip Hop

Chuck D went from the afro centric style to Raiders Gear in a matter of a few years after NWA brought the Raiders Gear to Hip Hop and that was the New style.

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
You do know Critical Beatdown was being recorded in 1986, Right? And didn't finished recording in 1988. You didn't think The Shocklee Brothers wasn't around Ced Gee Circle and heard this new production style

The Shocklee Brothers stated that Critcal Beatdown inspired It Takes A Million on the production side, I take their words over yours.

Chuck D wearing a Raiders Hat on his first album:mjlol:, you talking out your ass, He had a White Kool Moe Dee leather style hat on.

NWA was wearing Raider Hats and gear in late 86 and early 87 in their interviews, videos magazine promoting NWA and The Posse.

Stop talking out your ass and stop catching feelings
NWA and the Posse wasn't an album promoted. I had the album. White colored cassette tape from my very much older cousin. I had the copy without "bytch iz a bytch" and later 12 inches from that album. That wasn't an NWA album, it was something Macola records threw together to capitalize on the NWA fame when they were making a buzz after they left them.

nwaposselarge4_thumb_550x547.jpg

where is the all black Raiders gear and hats? And what outlets were they on in 87 promoting an upcoming Straight outta compton album? The first episode of Yo mtv raps didn't premiere until summer of 88 AFTER Straight outta Compton dropped and Rap City didn't come out until 89. So exactly what interviews did you see of NWA in 87 promoting Straight outta Compton because I want to know this too. I simply just don't remember it. Obviously I know they were rocking Raiders gear being that they are from California, but PE actually had it on their album cover first. I need to see that interview of NWA in 87 when there were no rap shows and I know they weren't on Amerikkan Bandstand or Soul Train. . Use youtube if you like

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
This nikka said Chuck D had on a Raiders Hat on PE first album cover :russ:

baff0fe9796305f00a1229b4cb560f0d.1000x1000x1.jpg

Yeah okay nikka:mjlol:

Get yo shyt together. It was NWA that brought the Raiders Gear to Hip Hop

Chuck D went from the afro centric style to Raiders Gear in a matter of a few years after NWA brought the Raiders Gear to Hip Hop and that was the New style.
nation of millions he had on the raiders hat. Nwa didnt have an album out yet. As I said above, I'm sure NWA was wearing raiders gear, but Nation of Millions cover was released first and Chuck D was probably a fan. A lot of people liked the raiders in the 80s. nation of millions was their 2nd album. You just find those 87 interviews of NWA from tv promoting SOC before rap media existed. That's what I want to see :russ:. Did you see it on Video Music Box? haha

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
NWA and the Posse wasn't an album promoted. I had the album. White colored cassette tape from my very much older cousin. I had the copy without "bytch iz a bytch" and later 12 inches from that album. That wasn't an NWA album, it was something Macola records threw together to capitalize on the NWA fame when they were making a buzz after they left them.

nwaposselarge4_thumb_550x547.jpg

where is the all black Raiders gear and hats? And what outlets were they on in 87 promoting an upcoming Straight outta compton album? The first episode of Yo mtv raps didn't premiere until summer of 88 AFTER Straight outta Compton dropped and Rap City didn't come out until 89. So exactly what interviews did you see of NWA in 87 promoting Straight outta Compton because I want to know this too. I simply just don't remember it. Obviously I know they were rocking Raiders gear being that they are from California, but PE actually had it on their album cover first. I need to see that interview of NWA in 87 when there were no rap shows and I know they weren't on Amerikkan Bandstand or Soul Train. . Use youtube if you like

You is a damn like NWA and The Posse was promoted off of Boyz N The Hood and Dopeman that was starting to heat up, you talk out your ass, you was like 5 years old in 87

You silly ass nikka, I didn't say they was promoting STOC, I said they was promoting NWA and The Posse Albums, you see how you non reading nikkas are, start making up shyt to fit your narrative

Here's some photos from 1987 at the end of NWA and The posse and the start of the recording of Straight Outta Compton

12338697_935618483189153_151801060_n.jpg

14705145_120731918400193_5653756830896095232_n.jpg

They was promoting Boyz N The Hood off of NWA and The Posse as a single all around.

You lazy nikka you do the research I ain't bout to do it for you

You going to keep taking these L's

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
ok 1st of all I joined the army in 96. If i were 5 in 87, that would have made me 14 when I joined. 2nd,

2:22 Arabian Prince says it himself. NWA left Macola when they signed with Priority and Macola put out a bootleg. THERE WAS NO PROMOTION OF NWA & THE POSSE BY NWA!!! . Stop it

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
ok 1st of all I joined the army in 96. If i were 5 in 87, that would have made me 14 when I joined. 2nd,

2:22 Arabian Prince says it himself. NWA left Macola when they signed with Priority and Macola put out a bootleg. THERE WAS NO PROMOTION OF NWA & THE POSSE BY NWA!!! . Stop it

nikka Dopeman, and Boyz N The Hood was playing on the radio out here in Cali in 1987, how in the fukk that ain't promotion, The cassettes was at record stores how in the fukk that ain't promotion.

Boyz N The Hood reached the East Coast

NWA and The Posse dropped in 87, NWA in 88 around August.

Eazy E did the deal with Macola and once Boyz N The Hood and Dopeman start making noise in Cali, Macola quickly put out NWA and The Posse, sending the singles to radio and the rest is history

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
doepman and boyz in the hood were singles. NWA & THE POSSE WAS NOT AN ALBUM THAT WAS PROMOTED BY NWA ON TV!! Arabian Prince tells the story himself on video and you're disagreeing with him:russ:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
doepman and boyz in the hood were singles. NWA & THE POSSE WAS NOT AN ALBUM THAT WAS PROMOTED BY NWA ON TV!! Arabian Prince tells the story himself on video and you're disagreeing with him:russ:

No shyt they was singles, they was singles distributed by Macola records first, Eazy E pressed them out and they start shipping silly nikka, LMAO.

I heard the stories from them all, it's a little that I don't know about NWA, I'm a Huge fan and was out here in Cali when they shyt dropped, you talking about videos, I'm talking about press releases, posters, radio promotion, small hip hop magazines and shyt like that, you said you from that era, but you don't know shyt, LMAO.

You still talking about t.v. when I never mentioned videos once, you nikkaz when you start losing like to make up shyt

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
No shyt they was singles, they was singles distributed by Macola records first, Eazy E pressed them out and they start shipping silly nikka, LMAO.

I heard the stories from them all, it's a little that I don't know about NWA, I'm a Huge fan and was out here in Cali when they shyt dropped, you talking about videos, I'm talking about press releases, posters, radio promotion, small hip hop magazines and shyt like that, you said you from that era, but you don't know shyt, LMAO
no you said there were videos of NWA promoting NWA and the Posse and I just want u to admit that's bullshyt. That's all