Dr. Dre Hip Hop's Greatest Producer

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
no you said there were videos of NWA promoting NWA and the Posse and I just want u to admit that's bullshyt. That's all

How about you find that footage of Eazy E saying pick up the singles and album in which is he named 8 Ball, Dopeman and Boyz N The Hood, it's out there somewhere

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
so we are in agreement that there was no NWA and the Posse album being promoted on tv in 87? Furthermore, I have that ORIGINAL ep Arabian Prince was talking about being distributed thru Macola. Not the whole NWA and the Posse bootleg with songs like "drink it up" on it. wanna see a picture?

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
so we are in agreement that there was no NWA and the Posse album being promoted on tv in 87? Furthermore, I have that ORIGINAL ep Arabian Prince was talking about being distributed thru Macola. Not the whole NWA and the Posse bootleg with songs like "drink it up" on it. wanna see a picture?

Again there's an old L.A. footage of Eazy E saying get the album and singles of Boyz N The Hood, 8 Ball and Dopeman.

I have damn everything on NWA, including Arabian Prince when he was with Uncle Jamms Army and his slept on Brother Arab and Where's My bytches. All Cube, Ren, Dre, Eazy E and Yella albums, JJ Fad, Comptown Records ect.

And you forgot to mentioned Jerry Heller pushed NWA and The Posse in 87 when he was releasing those singles world wide with distribution from Priority

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

Dre hasn't made another doggystyle since then neither.

dre hasn't been great for 30 years. thru most of those years, he ranged from aiird to cold to borderline inactive.

and clearly, dre hops from beatmaker to beatmaker, and he doesnst even deny it. and he often uses up their primes, then hops to another beatmaker.

they sound like Daz beats.

they don't sound like anything Dre ever did before or afterwards.

you do the math.

They don't sound like anything Daz has done since either.

How come Daz aint made another "Doggystyle"?

How come none of Dre's ghost producers can't make no Straight OUtta Compton? or The Chronic?

Dre's career is littered with them from SOC to DOC to Kendrick Lamar

NOne of them other nikkaz got 2 classic albums without Dre.

first of all, u can't talk about changing the game and THEN mention Jordan as being leagues above everyone else because no one changed the game like Kareem and Wilt. They kept creating rules because Wilt and Kareem were so dominant. They changed rules to help Jordan become an unstoppable player. Hard fouls became flagrants. Handchecking was done away with for the first time during the 94-95 season and when Jordan came back later in the year(that Stern knew) it REALLY made him unstoppable.

. Straight outta Compton was a direct result of Bomb Squad. Yo Bum Rush the Show already had that type of production. You can see early pictures of dudes in NWA like Ice Cube wearing clocks. NWA and PE knew each other and toured before Nation of Millions and SOC dropped so Dre was hearing what Bomb Squad was working on so they influenced him to use multiple samples per song in production. These are facts, not fiction or opinion. Dre was influenced by Low End Theory to clean up his sound even more for Chronic from what Bob Power was doing behind the boards. So technically that Nation of Millions sound is what you're giving SOC credit for. I love both albums. I own both albums on vinyl and cd.

Primo definitely influenced the game. When sample clearances started to become high, he was taking 1 or 2 notes chopping and creating beats. Now he aint the first to sample, but he mastered the art of the chop. U got a dude from Texas that defined a while era in which NY claims him haha. Scratches on the hooks, chopping, pauses in the sample.

We're talking strictly about hip hop music. Ice Cube is bigger than hiphop. Eminem is bigger than hip hop. Snoop Dogg is bigger than hip hop. When you cross over to white people, that happens, but what you do outside of hip hop music means jack shyt for what you do in it. I can't think of 2 rappers bigger than hip hop music than Will Smith and Mark Wahlberg. Are we gonna list all of the movies they've done to talk about their hip hop accolades? Dre is dope, Primo is dope. Dre got classics, Primo got classics. I don't give a fukk if a cracker acknowledges it or not. Because i'm 100% sure Gwyneth Paltro has never owned a copy or heard Reasonable Doubt, but she's a Jay Z fan.

You guys here thinking that I hate dre. I was listening to this shyt 30 years ago. I'm not some 20 year old you can try to type a lot shyt like I don't know about. I was right there when all of this stuff was dropping. No rap television shows(before YO and rap city) in my area. Rap not on the radio. No internet. All the shyt you knew was from magazines and word of mouth. I'm not gonna argue that the chronic or SOC isn't better than Primo produced albums because they are, but does that mean Primo doesn't have classics? Because none of those albums are better than Nation of Millions and I'd put fear of a Black Planet up against anything ever released on death Row. but we aint gonna go there cuz they all are classic records

LMAO, Jordan didn't change the game as much as Wilt & Kareem?

Are you high?

Before Jordan people thought you couldn't win without an all-star Center.

Jordan changed that.

He completely flipped the paradigm

People thought a scoring champion couldn't win championships.

Jordan did it 6 times.

People don't even care about centers anymore.

Centers don't even care about centers anymore.

Jordan did that

Even Bird & Magic had hall of fame centers.

And no, rules changes didn't make Jordan "unstoppable" in '95.

Dude, was averaging 37 points a game in 1987.

Averaging 35 in '88.

He wasn't unstoppable until the rules changes in '95? Are you serious?

He had already won 3 championships by that point.

But back to the lecture at hand, Will Smith & Marky Mark didn't change the sound of Hip-Hop.

Both of them were cultural jocks.

There's not one style that either innovated.

Hammer did what Will Smith did better than Will smith and sold more records than him.

Vanilla Ice did what Marky Mark did better than Marky Mark did and sold more records than him.

And i said that Bomb Squad changed the game more than just about anybody else.

They could've been the GOATS, but their careers basically lasted from '87-'91. Just 4 years.

Dre's working on 30.

He's gone from NWA to Death Row to Aftermath to mentoring Kendrick Lamar & next generation guys. That's unprecedented.

And Q-Tip said "Straight Outta Compton" inspired "Low End Theory", so Dre inspired him first

http://www.stopthebreaks.com/gems/straight-outta-compton-inspired-the-low-end-theory-which-inspired-the-chronic/

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps

How come none of Dre's ghost producers can't make no Straight OUtta Compton? or The Chronic?

Are you high?

Jordan changed that.

Jordan did it 6 times.

Jordan did that

Averaging 35 in '88.

But back to the lecture at hand, Will Smith & Marky Mark didn't change the sound of Hip-Hop.

Hammer did what Will Smith did better than Will smith and sold more records than him.

Vanilla Ice did what Marky Mark did better than Marky Mark did and sold more records than him.

They could've been the GOATS, but their careers basically lasted from '87-'91. Just 4 years.

Dre's working on 30.

He's gone from NWA to Death Row to Aftermath to mentoring Kendrick Lamar & next generation guys. That's unprecedented.

And Q-Tip said "Straight Outta Compton" inspired "Low End Theory", so Dre inspired him first

http://www.stopthebreaks.com/gems/straight-outta-compton-inspired-the-low-end-theory-which-inspired-the-chronic/
Isiah won without an all star center TWICE while putting Jordan out 3 years in a row.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
None of those dudes have produced records that are classic on the level of Dre's records.

It's like comparing dudes who made the all-star team to Michael Jordan.

Like yeah, there's a lot of all-stars out there and then there's dudes who changed the game.

Marley Marl changed the game more than Primo

The Bomb Squad changed the game more than primo

Even halfway hip-hop/pop producers like Timberland & The Neptunes did more to change the game than Primo

Dre is bigger than Hip-Hop while being Hip-Hop.

"Straight Outta Compton" changed the world. That's why they're making movies about that shyt. Aint nobody making movies about Gangstarr.

"The Chronic" changed music.

"Doggystyle" changed music

Eminem changed music

50 Cent's debut changed music, breh.

Primo's consistently good, fine. But his peaks haven't changed Hip-Hop or music or culture.

He's just a good producer, not a game change.

Dre (and to a lesser extent Kanye) are game changers.

Really? I thought hipsters were obsessed with "keepin it real", :mjlol:

The hipster argument would be that Dre is overrated because he's so popular.

Hipsters are against what's popular. That's the whole point in being a hipster.

And beat for beat, Dre & Premier are not in the same category, because Dre's beats are embedded in American culture's DNA

Primo's got NOTHING close to "Straight Outta Compton", "The Chronic", "Doggystyle", etc. . . .

The closet thing he has is the beats he did on "Illmatic", which was a game changer, but Pete Rock, Large Professor, & Q-Tip were a big part of that too.
No it wasnt.
Agree with the rest though

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

Are you high?

Jordan changed that.

Jordan did it 6 times.

Jordan did that

Averaging 35 in '88.

Dre's working on 30.

:picard:

Bruh brought the belt out:lolbron:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
:jbhmm: is it me or do Daz RRGB sounds way different in production style from Dogg Food

How can that be???? And Daz Production stayed the same as RRGB

It's because Dr. Dre was producing them beats on Dogg Food

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:jbhmm: is it me or do Daz RRGB sounds way different in production style from Dogg Food

How can that be???? And Daz Production stayed the same as RRGB

It's because Dr. Dre was producing them beats on Dogg Food
Nooooooo
Daz produced Dogg Food
Yella produced Straight Outta Compton
Chris the Glove produced the Firm
Mel Man and Scott Storch produced 2001
Mark Baston produced Relapse
All this according to the Coli

:troll:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Daz Production on Dogg Food

Daz Production on Retaliation Revenge & Get Back

And you squares have the nerve to say Daz produced The Chronic and Doggystyle:mjlol:

This is clear proof, you can hear Dre production on Dogg Food and Daz Production on RRGB

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Daz Production on Dogg Food

Daz Production on Retaliation Revenge & Get Back

And you squares have the nerve to say Daz produced The Chronic and Doggystyle:mjlol:

This is clear proof, you can hear Dre production on Dogg Food and Daz Production on RRGB

so dre did all of the beat on Dogg Food and instead of taking all of the credit for his work, gave Daz all of teh credit and only took a few credits off the album? A label owner did this????

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
so dre did all of the beat on Dogg Food and instead of taking all of the credit for his work, gave Daz all of teh credit and only took a few credits off the album? A label owner did this????

We already discussed this in this thread. Dre was the producer with Daz as Co Producer and Dre was the co producer to Daz on many of those tracks. Snoop and Soopafly already confirmed this.

Eazy E was still getting 20% from Dre on all his albums and songs he produced, Dre didn't put his name on alot tracks because he was paying Eazy E. Soopafly said Dre was producing alot on Murder Was The Case and Above The Rim.

So basically all those fly ass G Funk tracks from Daz on those soundtracks was really produced by Dre and Co Produced by Daz or Daz with Dre Co Producer.

Listen to Daz Production with Dre at Death Row and listen to Daz Production when Dre left Death Row. They sound nothing alike