Dr. Dre Hip Hop's Greatest Producer

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
They don't sound like anything Daz has done since either.

How come Daz aint made another "Doggystyle"?

How come none of Dre's ghost producers can't make no Straight OUtta Compton? or The Chronic?

Dre's career is littered with them from SOC to DOC to Kendrick Lamar

NOne of them other nikkaz got 2 classic albums without Dre.

I already covered all of this.
youre taking the thread backwards.

and lol @ the Jordan dikk-riding.
casual basketball fan.

Isiah won without an all star center TWICE while putting Jordan out 3 years in a row.

END OF DISCUSSION

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is this hostility? Scott stitch did everything on sill Dre but drums. Is that a lie? The whole beat is just drums, keys, bass from keys and another sound from keys. Is that a lie?

This is false. Storch did not do everything on "Still Dre", but the drums. Those keys on the song aren't even all Scott Storch. According to the credits in the album's liner notes, Camara Kambon is also credited with keys. Camara Kambon did more work on 2001 than Storch did according to the credits, he played on nearly every song and the one song that Lord Finesse is credited with producing ("The Message"). Storch is an integral part of a lot of these songs, but ya'll be giving breh way too much credit.

As a producer, Storch by himself is above average. He isn't a great. He has solo productions on 50's The Massacre. Dre has some production on the same album. Storch did "Candyshop", "Just A Lil Bit", and "Build You Up". Dre did "Outta Control" and "Gunz Come Out". Storch is credited with 50's worst singles while Dre co-produced some of 50's best songs and singles.

Also, you can take everybody out of the mix on Straight Outta Compton, Nobody Does it Better, Doggystyle, The Chronic, etc., but Dre is the common denominator.

Nobody ever tapped Storch, Daz, Mel-Man etc to produce their whole album. The full albums that Storch did do were flops for Paris Hilton and Brooke Hogan. Laughable. Mark Batson got more work than them with far more credible artists (more so on the R&B side i.e. Anthony Hamilton and Alicia Keys, but also worked on two Nas albums).

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
This is false. Storch did not do everything on "Still Dre", but the drums. Those keys on the song aren't even all Scott Storch. According to the credits in the album's liner notes, Camara Kambon is also credited with keys. Camara Kambon did more work on 2001 than Storch did according to the credits, he played on nearly every song and the one song that Lord Finesse is credited with producing ("The Message"). Storch is an integral part of a lot of these songs, but ya'll be giving breh way too much credit.

As a producer, Storch by himself is above average. He isn't a great. He has solo productions on 50's The Massacre. Dre has some production on the same album. Storch did "Candyshop", "Just A Lil Bit", and "Build You Up". Dre did "Outta Control" and "Gunz Come Out". Storch is credited with 50's worst singles while Dre co-produced some of 50's best songs and singles.

Also, you can take everybody out of the mix on Straight Outta Compton, Nobody Does it Better, Doggystyle, The Chronic, etc., but Dre is the common denominator.

Nobody ever tapped Storch, Daz, Mel-Man etc to produce their whole album. The full albums that Storch did do were flops for Paris Hilton and Brooke Hogan. Laughable. Mark Batson got more work than them with far more credible artists (more so on the R&B side i.e. Anthony Hamilton and Alicia Keys, but also worked on two Nas albums).
R-226735-1476331966-7606.jpeg.jpg

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Daz's best work are his contributions to Pac's AEOM, which sound nothing like Doggystyle or Chronic. His music has a more raw, unpolished sound than Dre's. That's taking nothing from Daz because his work on AEOM is classic.

Last edited:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Daz's best work are his contributions to Pac's AEOM, which sound nothing like Doggystyle or Chronic. His music has a more raw, unpolished sound than Dre's. That's taling nothing from Daz because his work on AEOM is classic.

I feel Daz best work and production was on Gang Related Soundtrack and All Eyez On Me. Daz finally founded himself on the boards, was confident in his production, founded his sound and his confidence showed

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel Daz best work and production was on Gang Related Soundtrack and All Eyez On Me. Daz finally founded himself on the boards, was confident in his production, founded his sound and his confidence showed

I even like some of the newer work like T.I.'s "My Life" and what he did on C-Murder's Bossalinie. Sounds nothing like Dre though.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well what does Dre sound like?

Crisp, clean drums that complimented a funk loop defined his early 90's work. The NWA sound was more raw and agressive, still drummy though. 2001 era Dre was more musical. Instead of out right sampling, it was replayed. The drums became more crisp. 2000's era Dre was more minimalist. His sound was reduced to drums and piano play. You might find a bass and some guitar licks. Mid-late 2000's found him incorporating that Middle Eastern sound into his beats.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Isiah won without an all star center TWICE while putting Jordan out 3 years in a row.

I already covered all of this.
youre taking the thread backwards.

and lol @ the Jordan dikk-riding.
casual basketball fan.

END OF DISCUSSION

You nikkaz are on the internet, and still are this wrong?:mindblown:

2681658-7075193536-laimb.jpg

Bill Laimbeer

4x ALL-STAR

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
You nikkaz are on the internet, and still are this wrong?:mindblown:

2681658-7075193536-laimb.jpg

Bill Laimbeer

4x ALL-STAR
When Isaiah was winning, laimveer wasn't making all star games but since u Want to be a smart ass, Cartwright made an all star team and so did Robert Parrish(who barely played but was still in a bulls 2nd 3peat team). Please don't go there with me like lil guy.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
When Isaiah was winning, laimveer wasn't making all star games but since u Want to be a smart ass, Cartwright made an all star team and so did Robert Parrish(who barely played but was still in a bulls 2nd 3peat team). Please don't go there with me like lil guy.
Quoted for emphasis

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I just think Daz had better equipment or something

Post -death row as a kid I felt all there music sounded cheap as fukk

Lkke for 10 years all DPG songs sounded cheap

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

That's because it was his 10th year in the league when they first but he was still an all star caliber center. he was an all star for the position in 83,84,85, 87.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
That's because it was his 10th year in the league when they first but he was still an all star caliber center. he was an all star for the position in 83,84,85, 87.
So was Bill Cartwright . He was in his 11th year when Chicago had won a title and no longer an all star center but had actually made an all star team. Difference?