Dr. Dre Hip Hop's Greatest Producer

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
It's a sl
Do you consider Teddy Riley, Timbaland more of a R&B producer
iipery slope because both have produced a lot of hip hop and r&b. The thing is that teddy Riley's 80s and 90s work in hip hop is often overlooked as Timbo is given credit as an all time great hip hop producer for work he's done with Ginuwine, Aaliyah and Nelly Furtado

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
primo
2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gang starr albums
group home's lyrical impaired album
jeru's 2 albums

marley
shan, kane, g rap, masta ace, biz, lords of the underground, debuts
Mam said knock u out

erick sermon
co produced and started doing more production on EPMD's first 4 classic albums
his debut
insomnia compilation
redman debut
keith murray debut

dre
nwa's 3 releases(one was an EP but I'll count it)
doc
eazy debut
michelle
both chronics
snoop dogg debut

I can't give him ATL debut because Big Hutch did most of that work and after dre left, they continued to release classics even that "g funk" song they were working on before Chronic that dre gets credit for. Can't give him the whole 50 cent debut either thougth I think it's a claissc, he only had 5 songs on it. If we want to do that, then I gotta give Primo ILLmatic and I didn't do that. I'm being fair.

None of those dudes have produced records that are classic on the level of Dre's records.

It's like comparing dudes who made the all-star team to Michael Jordan.

Like yeah, there's a lot of all-stars out there and then there's dudes who changed the game.

Marley Marl changed the game more than Primo

The Bomb Squad changed the game more than primo

Even halfway hip-hop/pop producers like Timberland & The Neptunes did more to change the game than Primo

well aren't we talking about "hip hop music"? I thought we were. if we're not I apoligize

Dre is bigger than Hip-Hop while being Hip-Hop.

"Straight Outta Compton" changed the world. That's why they're making movies about that shyt. Aint nobody making movies about Gangstarr.

"The Chronic" changed music.

"Doggystyle" changed music

Eminem changed music

50 Cent's debut changed music, breh.

Primo's consistently good, fine. But his peaks haven't changed Hip-Hop or music or culture.

He's just a good producer, not a game change.

Dre (and to a lesser extent Kanye) are game changers.

LOL.

thIS is some uppity hipster/stan nonsense.

Nowhere ? Are you talking about music or are you talking about money/celebrtity/gossip/business and all that stuff ?

Dre is just making sample (with the help of a ton of people). Beat for beat, Primo and Dre are in the same category. Any Hip-Hop fan will tell you that.

They are not rapping.
We're not talking about Dre the rapper. We're talking about Dre the producer.

Really? I thought hipsters were obsessed with "keepin it real", :mjlol:

The hipster argument would be that Dre is overrated because he's so popular.

Hipsters are against what's popular. That's the whole point in being a hipster.

And beat for beat, Dre & Premier are not in the same category, because Dre's beats are embedded in American culture's DNA

Primo's got NOTHING close to "Straight Outta Compton", "The Chronic", "Doggystyle", etc. . . .

The closet thing he has is the beats he did on "Illmatic", which was a game changer, but Pete Rock, Large Professor, & Q-Tip were a big part of that too.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of those dudes have produced records that are classic on the level of Dre's records.

It's like comparing dudes who made the all-star team to Michael Jordan.

Like yeah, there's a lot of all-stars out there and then there's dudes who changed the game.

Marley Marl changed the game more than Primo

The Bomb Squad changed the game more than primo

Even halfway hip-hop/pop producers like Timberland & The Neptunes did more to change the game than Primo

Dre is bigger than Hip-Hop while being Hip-Hop.

"Straight Outta Compton" changed the world. That's why they're making movies about that shyt. Aint nobody making movies about Gangstarr.

"The Chronic" changed music.

"Doggystyle" changed music

Eminem changed music

50 Cent's debut changed music, breh.

Primo's consistently good, fine. But his peaks haven't changed Hip-Hop or music or culture.

He's just a good producer, not a game change.

Dre (and to a lesser extent Kanye) are game changers.

Really? I thought hipsters were obsessed with "keepin it real", :mjlol:

The hipster argument would be that Dre is overrated because he's so popular.

Hipsters are against what's popular. That's the whole point in being a hipster.

And beat for beat, Dre & Premier are not in the same category, because Dre's beats are embedded in American culture's DNA

Primo's got NOTHING close to "Straight Outta Compton", "The Chronic", "Doggystyle", etc. . . .

The closet thing he has is the beats he did on "Illmatic", which was a game changer, but Pete Rock, Large Professor, & Q-Tip were a big part of that too.
This!!

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
LMAO, why aint Daz made another "Doggystyle" then?

Why aint Daz done shyt anybody wants to listen to since he left Death Row?

Meanwhile Dre's been great for 30 years.

Dre hasn't made another doggystyle since then neither.

dre hasn't been great for 30 years. thru most of those years, he ranged from aiird to cold to borderline inactive.

and clearly, dre hops from beatmaker to beatmaker, and he doesnst even deny it. and he often uses up their primes, then hops to another beatmaker.

You on that shyt

they sound like Daz beats.

they don't sound like anything Dre ever did before or afterwards.

you do the math.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

Dre hasn't made another doggystyle since then neither.

dre hasn't been great for 30 years. thru most of those years, he ranged from aiird to cold to borderline inactive.

and clearly, dre hops from beatmaker to beatmaker, and he doesnst even deny it. and he often uses up their primes, then hops to another beatmaker.

they sound like Daz beats.

they don't sound like anything Dre ever did before or afterwards.

you do the math.

You is a lying nikka, Daz didn't have no style when he got to Death Row, all he had was a turntable and a drum machine, so tell me, better yet show me some Daz tracks before he got to Death Row, where they at, because we got Warren G tracks

nikkas like you is disgusting, tell me what Daz beats sound like

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
You is a lying nikka, Daz didn't have no style when he got to Death Row, all he had was a turntable and a drum machine, so tell me, better yet show me some Daz tracks before he got to Death Row, where they at, because we got Warren G tracks

nikkas like you is disgusting, tell me what Daz beats sound like

I never heard of Daz before death row.

I know Dre's beats weren't like that before or after doggystyle, but daz' beats were like that afterwards.

and its always the same pattern with Dre.

and dre already low-key admitted that he doesn't make most of these beats, so why are you even trying to ride so hard, when hes not even riding for himself on this??:whistle:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I never heard of Daz before death row.

I know Dre's beats weren't like that before or after doggystyle, but daz' beats were like that afterwards.

and its always the same pattern with Dre.

and dre already low-key admitted that he doesn't make most of these beats, so why are you even trying to ride so hard, when hes not even riding for himself on this??:whistle:

:camby:

You a producer your production style supposed to change that's called growing Eazy Duz It sounds nothing like No One Can Do It Better, Straight Outta Compton Sounds nothing like nikkaz 4 Life.

Erick Sermon EPMD work sounds nothing like his early Def Squad Work

Rza Early Wu Sounds nothing like Bobby Digital work

So what the fukk you talking about

So are you saying Daz Production on RRGB and Gang Related sound like Dogg Food, Murder was The Case, Chronic, Doggystyle era

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
:camby:

You a producer your production style supposed to change that's called growing Eazy Duz It sounds nothing like No One Can Do It Better, Straight Outta Compton Sounds nothing like nikkaz 4 Life.

your production style isn't supposed to change depending on your ghost-producers.
nor is your rapping style supposed to change depending on your ghostwriters.

but they both do for dr dre, and youre defending him to the death.

have a good day.