Dr. Dre Hip Hop's Greatest Producer

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
We already discussed this in this thread. Dre was the producer with Daz as Co Producer and Dre was the co producer to Daz on many of those tracks. Snoop and Soopafly already confirmed this.

Eazy E was still getting 20% from Dre on all his albums and songs he produced, Dre didn't put his name on alot tracks because he was paying Eazy E. Soopafly said Dre was producing alot on Murder Was The Case and Above The Rim.

So basically all those fly ass G Funk tracks from Daz on those soundtracks was really produced by Dre and Co Produced by Daz or Daz with Dre Co Producer.

Listen to Daz Production with Dre at Death Row and listen to Daz Production when Dre left Death Row. They sound nothing alike
ok, now I'm not gonna argue this at all because that sounds reasonable. But what myself and others have been asking is if you guys don't think it's stealing if someone produced a track with you, but one guy gets the "producer" tag by himself. The last 12 years or so, in the inserts you've been seeing Dre's name and guys he worked with getting the "co producer " tag(regardless of whose name was first. That's irrelevant to this conversation). What we're asking is, and I DON'T GIVE A fukk WHAT YOU CALL A PRODUCER/BEATMAKER, you don't feel guys like Daz, deserved a co-production credit on DOGGYSTYLE on the beats he made and dre came in to use those stems and add a bit on top? I'm not talking about what Quincy Jones did with thriller taking compositions and reworking them from the reference tapes, I"m talking about taking beats already on the reel, coming in to add the stuff that's needed on top whether it's having a bassline replayed and you don't think that if Daz did 85% of a beat, cuz Dre added a guitar lick and mixed it, he deserves no credit at all? Not even a writing credit? We all know Steve Pocaro from Toto wrote human nature and did a rough track. Quincy had it replayed and Pocoro got song writing credit. Daz didn't even get that for Afro Puffs, Ain no Fun or Doggy Dogg World. Do you feel that's ok? That's all we're asking

And what you said about Daz after Dre left Death row production diferent, what about the tracks he did for Pac? Pac said Dre was never around the studio and that he tried to steal Got my mind made up. And truthfully, Dre's production was differnt too when he left. So it may have ben other guys none of us are discussing that were behind the scenes working on those albums too. We don't know. I don't know. I just know some of this shyt aint right.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

What Would You Do is a track on Murder Was The Case and it was credited as a Dat nikka Daz Production

While the notes originally credited solely Daz as producer, Snoop Dogg later revealed that—among other Daz Dillinger tracks—the song was co-produced by Dre.

Like I said all those fly ass G Funk banging in space tracks that had Daz name on it was actually Dr. Dre tracks

Y'all have to use common sense Daz was a DJ and all he had was turntables and a drum machine when he met Dr. Dre, Warren G was more advance as a producer than Daz. But Daz can work a muthafukkin Drum Machine

You think Daz was making those fly ass beats in 2 years and you think produced The Chronic, Doggystyle, Afro Puffs

It was Dre

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
you didn't answer anything I asked. haha. So I know what your answer is. Nothing is wrong with Dre and Daz working together. Nothing is wrong with dre polishing up Daz's beats. The question is, 'if daz did 85% of a beat and dre added a guitar and mixed it up nice, should dre get 100% credit on writing and productiong?"

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
ok, now I'm not gonna argue this at all because that sounds reasonable. But what myself and others have been asking is if you guys don't think it's stealing if someone produced a track with you, but one guy gets the "producer" tag by himself. The last 12 years or so, in the inserts you've been seeing Dre's name and guys he worked with getting the "co producer " tag(regardless of whose name was first. That's irrelevant to this conversation). What we're asking is, and I DON'T GIVE A fukk WHAT YOU CALL A PRODUCER/BEATMAKER, you don't feel guys like Daz, deserved a co-production credit on DOGGYSTYLE on the beats he made and dre came in to use those stems and add a bit on top? I'm not talking about what Quincy Jones did with thriller taking compositions and reworking them from the reference tapes, I"m talking about taking beats already on the reel, coming in to add the stuff that's needed on top whether it's having a bassline replayed and you don't think that if Daz did 85% of a beat, cuz Dre added a guitar lick and mixed it, he deserves no credit at all? Not even a writing credit? We all know Steve Pocaro from Toto wrote human nature and did a rough track. Quincy had it replayed and Pocoro got song writing credit. Daz didn't even get that for Afro Puffs, Ain no Fun or Doggy Dogg World. Do you feel that's ok? That's all we're asking

And what you said about Daz after Dre left Death row production diferent, what about the tracks he did for Pac? Pac said Dre was never around the studio and that he tried to steal Got my mind made up. And truthfully, Dre's production was differnt too when he left. So it may have ben other guys none of us are discussing that were behind the scenes working on those albums too. We don't know. I don't know. I just know some of this shyt aint right.

Daz Version of Doggy Dog World

Dre Version of Doggy Dog World

Now tell me who produced Doggy Dogg World, and tell me if Daz deserve Co Production Credit.

If anything he deserve drum programming credit

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Daz Version of Doggy Dog World

Dre Version of Doggy Dog World

Now tell me who produced Doggy Dogg World, and tell me if Daz deserve Co Production Credit.

If anything he deserve drum programming credit

you didn't answer anything I asked. haha. So I know what your answer is. Nothing is wrong with Dre and Daz working together. Nothing is wrong with dre polishing up Daz's beats. The question is, 'if daz did 85% of a beat and dre added a guitar and mixed it up nice, should dre get 100% credit on writing and productiong?"

the funny thing is that you're shooting yourself in the foot with that quote because all Dre did on Still Dre was the drums. Scott Storch did everything else. wtf. Explain this please. hahaha you done got yourself in trouble again boy

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps

But Daz ain't never Did 85% of a beat with Dre, never in his life, so I can't answer that question.

But I see where you going with this, if Daz does 15 beat should he credited.

Doggy Dogg World should answer that question for you

Y'all think Daz be having track already completed and Dre adding cymbals and a key:mjlol: and stealing his shyt.

Now we finding out that Dre produced a lot of DAZ tracks that have Daz name as producer

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
the funny thing is that you're shooting yourself in the foot with that quote because all Dre did on Still Dre was the drums. Scott Storch did everything else. wtf. Explain this please. hahaha you done got yourself in trouble again boy

You a damn muthafukkin lie, where do y'all come up with this crazy shyt. Scott Storch was always a keys player ever since he was with the Roots.

He was credited with keys on The Roots production apart of The Grand Negaz playing the Keyboard.

Dre brought Scott Storch into Aftermath because of keyboard playing

Scott Storch played the Keys on 2001 and was credited for his keys on The Watcher, fukk You, Still Dre, Big Ego's, Let's Get High and bytch nikkaz.

Y'all Muthafukka's are not informed on nothing

While around Dre at Aftermath, Scott Storch started to learn Dre production techniques

And Scott Storch didn't start getting placements for production until after 2001

Y'all need to stop that false narrative

I see you have a mighty appetite for L's and I'm going to keep feeding you L's

Look at your feelings, these few days of getting your ass tore up in these threads have you calling people boy

That's white people trait you have in you, get mad and start saying boy :mjlol:

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
You a damn muthafukkin lie, where do y'all come up with this crazy shyt. Scott Storch was always a keys player ever since he was with the Roots.

He was credited with keys on The Roots production apart of The Grand Negaz playing the Keyboard.

Dre brought Scott Storch into Aftermath because of keyboard playing

Scott Storch played the Keys on 2001 and was credited for his keys on The Watcher, fukk You, Still Dre, Big Ego's, Let's Get High and bytch nikkaz.

Y'all Muthafukka's are not informed on nothing

While around Dre at Aftermath, Scott Storch started to learn Dre production techniques

And Scott Storch didn't start getting placements for production until after 2001

Y'all need to stop that false narrative

I see you have a mighty appetite for L's and I'm going to keep feeding you L's

Look at your feelings, these few days of getting your ass tore up in these threads have you calling people boy

That's white people trait you have in you, get mad and start saying boy :mjlol:
What is this hostility? Scott stitch did everything on sill Dre but drums. Is that a lie? The whole beat is just drums, keys, bass from keys and another sound from keys. Is that a lie?

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
But Daz ain't never Did 85% of a beat with Dre, never in his life, so I can't answer that question.

But I see where you going with this, if Daz does 15 beat should he credited.

Doggy Dogg World should answer that question for you

Y'all think Daz be having track already completed and Dre adding cymbals and a key:mjlol: and stealing his shyt.

Now we finding out that Dre produced a lot of DAZ tracks that have Daz name as producer
Ok Daz went from just programming drums to washing money on death row using Dre's name. Ok gotcha. And still no answer if my original questions.

People, This is why u can't have conversations with dikk riding fanatics. Instead of answering simple questions, that we all know the answer to, they respond like politicians

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
What is this hostility? Scott stitch did everything on sill Dre but drums. Is that a lie? The whole beat is just drums, keys, bass from keys and another sound from keys. Is that a lie?

Dude give it up already, Scott Storch just played the Keys and got credited for his keys playing on the tracks he played on for 2001

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Ok Daz went from just programming drums to washing money on death row using Dre's name. Ok gotcha. And still no answer if my original questions.

People, This is why u can't have conversations with dikk riding fanatics. Instead of answering simple questions, that we all know the answer to, they respond like politicians

:umad:

Your white man tricknology is not working and you mad.

This is his question

'if daz did 85% of a beat and dre added a guitar and mixed it up nice, should dre get 100% credit on writing and productiong?"

:martin:

What are you trying to say, that other producers do 85% of the tracks and Dre just add a guitar lick and mix it and put his name on tracks.

Why don't you just come out and say it

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Dude give it up already, Scott Storch just played the Keys and got credited for his keys playing on the tracks he played on for 2001
Of course he got credited and Dre co produced it with him by adding drums. But Daz adding drums and a sound = doing nothing. Dre adding drums = producing a song. Pick a fromula and stick with it

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
:umad:

Your white man tricknology is not working and you mad.

This is his question

'if daz did 85% of a beat and dre added a guitar and mixed it up nice, should dre get 100% credit on writing and productiong?"

:martin:

What are you trying to say, that other producers do 85% of the tracks and Dre just add a guitar lick and mix it and put his name on tracks.

Why don't you just come out and say it
Who do u think I feel are the top 3 hip hop producers all time?