Dr Claud Anderson -State of Black America [2014] (this is what yall dont want to hear)

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A seafood restaurant actually sounds like a real good idea. I can think of some wrinkles that could be applied that would probably increase chances of success too. :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Now how do you get black people to do this? how do you change the cannibalizing mentality passed down to blacks from slavery time?

If we can see actual black community as described working successfully, I think it would provide proof that the idea works. We already know that it works because of the other ethic groups of communities, asian, arab, etc. that are able to provide well for the people of those groups. I think it would have a greater effect we can see the Community idea working with black people.

I think people will not do it because they are afraid of the risks involved.
A simple start....these simplified points were formed by action calls made during the various other discussions. Not in any special order.

1) join/support the foundation Dr. Anderson formed and/or any local/national movements that support his economic plans, and those that attempts to solely address other community problems

2) Separate my personal beliefs from the overall agenda and goal. I'm willing to work with
-religious/non-religious,
-gay/straight,
-political/non-politically astute folks
-fashion slave or not

3) Be consistent with your agenda and accept your beliefs
-no more blurring lines between trying to uplift black folks versus people of color
- no more fear of being labeled/categorized a reverse racist, militant,smart-dumb nikka etc
-no more use of entertainment jargon, in order to justify complacency and tolerance of disrespect ("when keeping it real goes wrong", "I love black folks, but I hate nikkas" etc)
- no more wishing for black improvements, but then justifying thug behavior, gay and straight k00ns, political kooning and info skewing

4) Recognize that a few counter productive black folks, don't mean you have an excuse to abandon the agenda

5) Knowledge of self and a clear understanding of the current black plight among the various tax brackets
-know your own insecurities and flaws, so that when working with other black folks, both of your are not petty

6) Support black businesses with common agenda, over black businesses trying to solely make money for themselves
-no more supporting black simply cause of your skin color

7) Support non-black businesses who are assisting black communities directly/indirectly

8) Become more politically savvy/involved with your local government and community board. And national government too
-be willing to put pressure on politicians to support agenda that affect your community

9)Understand and accept the professional,social, and political risk involved by being openly pro black and not necessarily anti-white.Understand/accept how this risk drives us in our support or lack of support for building a black economic structure
-Just cause all your friends,lovers,family are non-black, doesn't mean that you have an excuse to ignore and abandon the agenda to balance wealth, increase black employment in various industries, increase the success of black entrepreneurship

10)Share info,experiences, opportunities with others

11)Become involved in local finance workshops/forums/investment groups to gain experience.Black entrepreneurs should participate to satisfy plan #10

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
I drove through Inglewood while listening to this yesterday and the shyt was depressing. Neighborhoods lookin so fukkin dusty. Definately donating to this. Only businesses that stood out were mexican restaurants, corner stores and hole in the wall churches.

Went to Mcdonalds and 2 brothas were arguing about just meeting each other and why the guy who just met the other wanted to hit his blunt.

*nikka i just met you and you wanna hit the blunt? I dont know you*

:snoop:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
A simple start....these simplified points were formed by action calls made during the various other discussions. Not in any special order.

1) join/support the foundation Dr. Anderson formed and/or any local/national movements that support his economic plans, and those that attempts to solely address other community problems

2) Separate my personal beliefs from the overall agenda and goal. I'm willing to work with
-religious/non-religious,
-gay/straight,
-political/non-politically astute folks
-fashion slave or not

3) Be consistent with your agenda and accept your beliefs
-no more blurring lines between trying to uplift black folks versus people of color
- no more fear of being labeled/categorized a reverse racist, militant,smart-dumb nikka etc
-no more use of entertainment jargon, in order to justify complacency and tolerance of disrespect ("when keeping it real goes wrong", "I love black folks, but I hate nikkas" etc)
- no more wishing for black improvements, but then justifying thug behavior, gay and straight k00ns, political kooning and info skewing

4) Recognize that a few counter productive black folks, don't mean you have an excuse to abandon the agenda

5) Knowledge of self and a clear understanding of the current black plight among the various tax brackets
-know your own insecurities and flaws, so that when working with other black folks, both of your are not petty

6) Support black businesses with common agenda, over black businesses trying to solely make money for themselves
-no more supporting black simply cause of your skin color

7) Support non-black businesses who are assisting black communities directly/indirectly

8) Become more politically savvy/involved with your local government and community board. And national government too
-be willing to put pressure on politicians to support agenda that affect your community

9)Understand and accept the professional,social, and political risk involved by being openly pro black and not necessarily anti-white.Understand/accept how this risk drives us in our support or lack of support for building a black economic structure
-Just cause all your friends,lovers,family are non-black, doesn't mean that you have an excuse to ignore and abandon the agenda to balance wealth, increase black employment in various industries, increase the success of black entrepreneurship

10)Share info,experiences, opportunities with others

11)Become involved in local finance workshops/forums/investment groups to gain experience.Black entrepreneurs should participate to satisfy plan #10

:wow: the blueprint

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
every year they have this and nothing changes

I agree with many points but it's time for us to take back our neighborhoods, taking back local school boards, local city boards, putting money into the community, etc.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I have some money saved up and I want to open some type of business back home. I think I'm going to go for it this summer. I got to do my part. We all need to do our part. If you're not able to start a business, you should support the Black businesses until you can.

Let's go! I feel like this is our last rope.