Dr Claud Anderson -State of Black America [2014] (this is what yall dont want to hear)

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
I have some money saved up and I want to open some type of business back home. I think I'm going to go for it this summer. I got to do my part. We all need to do our part. If you're not able to start a business, you should support the Black businesses until you can.

Let's go! I feel like this is our last rope.

Go for it breh. Do a lot of research and get a good understanding of what you want to do. I plan on leaving my job very soon and going completely independent.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
A simple start....these simplified points were formed by action calls made during the various other discussions. Not in any special order.

1) join/support the foundation Dr. Anderson formed and/or any local/national movements that support his economic plans, and those that attempts to solely address other community problems

2) Separate my personal beliefs from the overall agenda and goal. I'm willing to work with
-religious/non-religious,
-gay/straight,
-political/non-politically astute folks
-fashion slave or not

3) Be consistent with your agenda and accept your beliefs
-no more blurring lines between trying to uplift black folks versus people of color
- no more fear of being labeled/categorized a reverse racist, militant,smart-dumb nikka etc
-no more use of entertainment jargon, in order to justify complacency and tolerance of disrespect ("when keeping it real goes wrong", "I love black folks, but I hate nikkas" etc)
- no more wishing for black improvements, but then justifying thug behavior, gay and straight k00ns, political kooning and info skewing

4) Recognize that a few counter productive black folks, don't mean you have an excuse to abandon the agenda

5) Knowledge of self and a clear understanding of the current black plight among the various tax brackets
-know your own insecurities and flaws, so that when working with other black folks, both of your are not petty

6) Support black businesses with common agenda, over black businesses trying to solely make money for themselves
-no more supporting black simply cause of your skin color

7) Support non-black businesses who are assisting black communities directly/indirectly

8) Become more politically savvy/involved with your local government and community board. And national government too
-be willing to put pressure on politicians to support agenda that affect your community

9)Understand and accept the professional,social, and political risk involved by being openly pro black and not necessarily anti-white.Understand/accept how this risk drives us in our support or lack of support for building a black economic structure
-Just cause all your friends,lovers,family are non-black, doesn't mean that you have an excuse to ignore and abandon the agenda to balance wealth, increase black employment in various industries, increase the success of black entrepreneurship

10)Share info,experiences, opportunities with others

11)Become involved in local finance workshops/forums/investment groups to gain experience.Black entrepreneurs should participate to satisfy plan #10

Cosign 100% :salute:

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
damn this nikka speaking truth. our people still aint listenin tho :wadepain:
EVery one of you should be posting this on your facebooks and twitters. If a tree falls in the forest and no one heard it, did it make a sound. Come on yall.

When the right message hits the ears of the chosen ones, change can happen.

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
That's why black capitalism can never work. Until the political economy changes, a majority of our people will continue to populate the poor class. Racial oppression is systemic and therefore the system is broken and has to be gradually or immediately changed or the same cycle will continue...

Key post! Excellent point!

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Key post! Excellent point!

The evidence is throughout history...everytime blacks attempt group capitalism, it is restrictive due to white interference...if not, it fails...the only time black capitalism has survived for long periods is if its individual so that blacks are not allowed to build a solid agency base...people who don't see this by now are sorely lost in this systemic hegemony...it doesn't work because the capitalist system, built on racist slave labor, is made to work like that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why black capitalism can never work. Until the political economy changes, a majority of our people will continue to populate the poor class. Racial oppression is systemic and therefore the system is broken and has to be gradually or immediately changed or the same cycle will continue...

this is misleading. a majority of white people are poor, too. we need to stop trying to frame blacks as the only class that's suffering under capitalism and its inequities, as if we're somehow different and not as capable as our white or hispanic or asian peers. the majority of americans are poor right now.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Dr. Claude Anderson has been the truth for many years. I came across him years ago as a college student. Read his books "Black Labor, White Wealth" and "Powernomics." He is big on the need for blacks to create businesses that employ blacks and put our wealth back in black neighborhoods...instead of non-black malls, stores and supermarkets.

He constantly makes note that blacks make up the smallest employer of other blacks....only 2% of blacks are employed by black-owned companies. And that we are the only group who raises our children to "go to school, get a good education and get a good job." Other communities promote the idea of getting an education to create their own enterprise moreso than we do. This leaves us vulnerable to market swings, corporate discrimination in salary proportion and "last hired, first fired."

Dr. Anderson heads the nation's only black think dedicated solely to the black community, The Harvest Institute. The website is:

http://harvestinstitute.org/

Peace

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
this is misleading. a majority of white people are poor, too. we need to stop trying to frame blacks as the only class that's suffering under capitalism and its inequities, as if we're somehow different and not as capable as our white or hispanic or asian peers. the majority of americans are poor right now.

its not misleading. Capitalism is a system based on economic oppression of the majority and the majority of black America is poor...its not that hard, what part don't you understand? And get off this white people are poor too bullshyt...they still have an advantage based on your skin color over us

Daps
Reppin
NULL
its not misleading. Capitalism is a system based on economic oppression of the majority and the majority of black America is poor...its not that hard, what part don't you understand? And get off this white people are poor too bullshyt...they still have an advantage based on your skin color over us

oh, i'm not denying the privilege that white people enjoy. but the majority of white people are not wealthy. and sometimes, it feels like some of you try to paint them as if they were. white people don't deal with the racism we're up against, obviously, but whites are out here living check to check, too. don't prop up whites as if most of them have tens of thousands in the bank. they don't.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
oh, i'm not denying the privilege that white people enjoy. but the majority of white people are not wealthy. and sometimes, it feels like some of you try to paint them as if they were. white people don't deal with the racism we're up against, obviously, but whites are out here living check to check, too. don't prop up whites as if most of them have tens of thousands in the bank. they don't.

Capitalism is evil all around no matter what. But the history of this country has oppressed blacks to a degree that whites can't even comprehend. For me, its race and class, not just class. I'm not into orthodox Marxism, which is strictly class oppression; CLR James said it best that "it is foolish to consider class oppression without the component of race at the center."