Dr Claud Anderson -State of Black America [2014] (this is what yall dont want to hear)

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Brehs...shyt is depressing to me.

I live on a street that has a lot of restaurants/eateries...some of them are chained owned but there are some family joints as well....all of these mom and pops places seem to be owned by Arabs. There is also a Chinese joint owned by a Chinese family of course.

I go to them on occasion...I'd love to support my own, but their literally aren't any black places around.

I've talked to them before, they are nice people, and they do seem to hire black folks actually (Except for the Chinese joint...I've seen them working their fukking 8 year old child in there before no bullshyt she's at the cash register sometimes).....but it's just depressing that we aren't owning that part of the neighborhood.

To be fair, there are mostly white college people around here. I wouldn't say it's a "black neighborhood"...but pretty much anyone making decent food could have it.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
The solutions section is the most important part here.

His focus on ECONOMICS as opposed to politics, crime, media, education....that's the thing that other groups understand yet we do not. And I'm the first one to admit that I often neglect the money in favor of those other issues as well.

That would be a mistake bruh. We made that mistake with civil rights. We craved for integration, while sacrificing economical independence. Many of these problems overlap. So if you are not careful, then your solution to address one problem, will undermine the solution for another. We are capable of approaching every problem systematically

-No matter how much money you have, you still need "sympathetic" politicians to vote for your causes and secure resources in order to push your agenda

-You need to control how the media portrays black folks cause it will not only foster steeotypes, but more importantly, it will condition us not to trust each other. And to be please with having more than the folks who look like you, while being comfortable with not coming close to having as much as non-blacks

-Education is the foundation of these plans to uplift an entire community. The more members of the community, who are economically and socially astute, the less susceptible we are to predatory practices and conditions, like genetrificaton

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would be a mistake bruh. We made that mistake with civil rights. We craved for integration, while sacrificing economical independence. Many of these problems overlap. So if you are not careful, then your solution to address one problem, will undermine the solution for another. We are capable of approaching every problem systematically

-No matter how much money you have, you still need "sympathetic" politicians to vote for your causes and secure resources in order to push your agenda

-You need to control how the media portrays black folks cause it will not only foster steeotypes, but more importantly, it will condition us not to trust each other. And to be please with having more than the folks who look like you, while being comfortable with not coming close to having as much as non-blacks

-Education is the foundation of these plans to uplift an entire community. The more members of the community, who are economically and socially astute, the less susceptible we are to predatory practices and conditions, like genetrificaton

Did you even watch the video, he pointed that out.

What is education? It's foreigners in this country who barely speak English that live better than blacks, because their community controls their own economics.

How can blacks control and build their own school system if we can't control our own economics, it is impossible.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
lol at the end of the day we are all going to die, some sooner than others, people get hyped up all over this stuff, and for what?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
lol at the end of the day we are all going to die, some sooner than others, people get hyped up all over this stuff, and for what?

Because its important for our people. Now if you don't care about Black people then that's fine as well, you aren't obligated to do so. But it is important for our race.