Does Michael Cole have any classic calls

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
It's almost painful how much better he was when he was on SmackDown. I always liked him, and sometimes he had a great call.

His reactions at the 2013 Royal Rumble were :mjlol:.

"WE WERE THREE FEET AWAY FROM THE SHIELD WHEN THEY TRIPLE-POWERBOMBED ROCK THROUGH THE TABLE!!!"

"CHIODA, CHIODA, IT WAS THE SHIELD!!!! IT WAS THE SHIELD, THEY PUT ROCK THROUGH THE TABLE!!!!"

"And now CM Punk feigning that he didn't see a damn thing. Look at....look at Heyman!"

"HE SURVIVED AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE DAMN SHIELD!!!"

Let's not forget his calls from his SmackDown days:

"EDDIE GUERRERO IS GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!!!"

"HE DID IT, HE DID IT!!! REY MYSTERIO DID IT!!!"

"HE GOT HIM, HE GOT HIM!!! MYSTERIO WINS THE TITLE!!! MYSTERIO WINS THE TITLE!!!"

When Edge cashed in Money in the Bank on Undertaker:

"NO, NO!!!! DAMMIT!!!!"

When Undertaker kicked out of the Batista Bomb:

"The Undertaker rolled the shoulder up at two, how the HELL did he do that?!"

When The Shield broke up, he sold the life out of it:

"Oh my God! Rollins, he's......he's assaulting Ambrose! Rollins is assaulting Ambrose after he took out Reigns!"

"And now an RKO on the chair."

When Bryan won at WrestleMania, he did that really well too:

"COME ON, DANIEL!!! COME ON, DANIEL!!! TAP OUT, BATISTA!!!! TAP OUT, DAVE!!!! TAP OUT!!!!"

Okay, I was playing on The Shield thing. But he's had some memorable calls over the years.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's almost painful how much better he was when he was on SmackDown. I always liked him, and sometimes he had a great call.

His reactions at the 2013 Royal Rumble were :mjlol:.

"WE WERE THREE FEET AWAY FROM THE SHIELD WHEN THEY TRIPLE-POWERBOMBED ROCK THROUGH THE TABLE!!!"

"CHIODA, CHIODA, IT WAS THE SHIELD!!!! IT WAS THE SHIELD, THEY PUT ROCK THROUGH THE TABLE!!!!"

"And now CM Punk feigning that he didn't see a damn thing. Look at....look at Heyman!"

"HE SURVIVED AGAIN BECAUSE OF THE DAMN SHIELD!!!"

Let's not forget his calls from his SmackDown days:

"EDDIE GUERRERO IS GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!!!!"

"HE DID IT, HE DID IT!!! REY MYSTERIO DID IT!!!"

"HE GOT HIM, HE GOT HIM!!! MYSTERIO WINS THE TITLE!!! MYSTERIO WINS THE TITLE!!!"

When Edge cashed in Money in the Bank on Undertaker:

"NO, NO!!!! DAMMIT!!!!"

When Undertaker kicked out of the Batista Bomb:

"The Undertaker rolled the shoulder up at two, how the HELL did he do that?!"

When The Shield broke up, he sold the life out of it:

"Oh my God! Rollins, he's......he's assaulting Ambrose! Rollins is assaulting Ambrose after he took out Reigns!"

"And now an RKO on the chair."

When Bryan won at WrestleMania, he did that really well too:

"COME ON, DANIEL!!! COME ON, DANIEL!!! TAP OUT, BATISTA!!!! TAP OUT, DAVE!!!! TAP OUT!!!!"

Okay, I was playing on The Shield thing. But he's had some memorable calls over the years.
His obnoxious camping in the Bryan example is actually bad. Ross was a homer but didn't go overboard like that in moments like that. Takes away from a spot. The call during rock against punk was whiny fourth grader telling on his classmate status. Beyond cringeworthy.

Potential Spam

I’ll call later.
Daps
Never thought it'd get worse than him calling Edge's spear, but then that Superman punch came along.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
His obnoxious camping in the Bryan example is actually bad. Ross was a homer but didn't go overboard like that in moments like that. Takes away from a spot. The call during rock against punk was whiny fourth grader telling on his classmate status. Beyond cringeworthy.

How does it take away from the spot when you have an exciting moment like that? Bryan is closing in on the victory, Batista is seconds away from tapping and the crowd is losing their sanity because they have been supporting Bryan for months. How else was Cole supposed to react?

"And the Yes! Lock is in. The Yes! Lock! Batista's gotta tap, Batista's fading. And here it comes! The tap! Bryan did it! Daniel Bryan is the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion!"

It doesn't sound nearly as exciting as Cole wanting Batista to tap out and saying "THE MIRACLE KID!!! THE MIRACLE KID!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM HAS BECOME REALITY!!!!" Commentators are supposed to add emotion to moments like that to make it more dramatic, and that's exactly what Cole did. It probably sounds more awkward with him because he has to strain his voice to make calls like that, whereas with J.R, he had a voice commanding enough to do it naturally.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I can't think of any classics but he was a lot better in the 90's than he is now. I wasn't watching wrestling during the mid 2000's so I can't judge how he was on Smackdown. He was pretty good when he filled in for JR in late 1998-early 1999.

Of topic but what happened to Howard Finkel and Tony Chimmel?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I can't think of any classics but he was a lot better in the 90's than he is now. I wasn't watching wrestling during the mid 2000's so I can't judge how he was on Smackdown. He was pretty good when he filled in for JR in late 1998-early 1999.

In the 90's he dropped gems like "you could get a finger caught in there!" to drive home the danger of the cage in a hell in a cell match. Let that sink in. From 2002-06 on smack down I liked his work. Didn't focus much on the storyline. Just the in ring action. Then Paul E left the creative team and we saw what's happened to him.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Michael Cole's more suited as a straight play-by-play guy who leaves the angle-heavy stuff to the color commentator, which is why he and Tazz were so great together, as well as he and JBL in 2006 when JBL wasn't a parody of himself. When he tries to do the JR storytelling he completely falls apart because he's not gifted for it AT ALL.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

Nah, as bad as he is now he was AWFUL in the 90s. Completely incompetent.

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
ROMAN REIGNS JUST SPEARED TRIPLE H THROUGH THE FLOOR!!!!! :damn: