Does Michael Cole have any classic calls

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
he's ruined more moments than elevated them
hes a pos... why???
because he spent all them years with vince and jr and didnt pick up a damn thing
his horrid call of bryan winning last year. his atrocious call of undertaker-punk. how awful he calls lesnar or cena matches these days

showtime

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he nailed the "The streak is over" line IMO. It went perfectly with the crowd's gasping and stunned silence.

JR's "My god! My god! The streak is over!!!" would not have worked in that moment, IMO.

No "the streak is over" sounded to scripted a better reaction would've been no reaction and speechless like the crowd's reaction was and just silence

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
he peaked w/ Tazz on Smackdown. he hasn't been good since 07-08. He's pretty much Vince's puppett at this point

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Michael Cole has gotten about as good as he can be.

But he just lacks the "soul" that JR had.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing memorable about Cole is how he constantly characterized Randy Orton as an actual snake

"Randy Orton SLITHERING into the pin"

Aside from that his body of work is wall to wall garbage

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Refusing to talk about being raped by Heidenreich? :patrice:

Calling Josh Matthews a fakkit on Twitter? :mjlol:

The screams while getting ragdolled by Brock, maybe? :russ:

That off air 'Yes, Sir....Yes, Sir:whoa:' convo with Vince when he complained that he'd plugged something too much.

These days he seems more concerned playing with 'Statler and Waldorf' with JBL and Lawler and getting sonned by Xavier and Neckbeard Jesus than helping to craft a memorable moment or quotables.

There was a CLASSIC reaction from him on a random RAW in 1999 that I watched recently where Shamrock came down to ringside when Val Venis was in the angle with his sister.
Cole asks him a queestion and Shamrock's answer is "Shut your mouth before I punch you in the face. :birdman::ufdup:"

Cole's reply "..........OK, then :mjcry:"

The Cole character is so much better when he's being treated like the herb he is. :yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
s76NA.gif

:mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
As much as people like to shyt on Cole, you forget he's damn near told what to say at every key moment

JR is the GOAT but he basically said what he wanted and mostly had free reign, King was the GOAT heel commentator when he could be himself, now they made him jolly old uncle King

This is true, and all one has to do to see it is go back a bit in the past. I was rewatching Punk/Bryan at Over The Limit last week and it almost hurt how much better commentary was compared to today. They were actually focusing on the match and selling the in-ring story and psychology. And it's not even as if it's spectacular commentary or something, it was just a clear sign of how far commentary has fallen off with Vince constantly in their ears.