Do You Think Starfield Will Have A Redemption Arc Like No Man's Sky & Cyberpunk Did?

will starfield have a redemption arc like cyberpunk or no man's sky?

• yes, in a few years Starfield will be considered an underrated masterpiece

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • nope, I don't see it happening

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • as long as Starfield is exclusive to Xbox & PC, then no

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • no because Starfield is just bad and doesn't have the potential Cyberpunk and NMS did

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I can see public opinion turning more positive over the years but it will always be a divisive game

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Starfield isn't bad, I'd give it probably a 6.5 out of 10. The issue is when you put it up against something like Cyberpunk, the game feels EXTREMLY dated. I'm talking about shyt like dialog, missions, etc. that I doubt will actually change. I think it'll get a bigger player base coming to PlayStation but I can't see it really being considered anything more than it already is, tbh.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Let's be honest the only hate is due to it being exclusive to PC and Xbox.
It's actually because most of the prominent characters in the game aren't white :mjpls:

Cacs and c00ns can't enjoy a game where you do a quest line and they be like "now you can meet our leader" and it's someone with cornrows or a perm or skin darker than their pretend girlfriends dildo:mjpls:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
It's actually because most of the prominent characters in the game aren't white :mjpls:

Cacs and c00ns can't enjoy a game where you do a quest line and they be like "now you can meet our leader" and it's someone with cornrows or a perm or skin darker than their pretend girlfriends dildo:mjpls:

Breh when I loaded up the game and seen all that black excellence in space, it was majestic :wow:

Maybe the future is promising :blessed:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The responses in here by the usual suspects are why I and others have chosen to stop responding seriously to Xbots.
You notice how most of them just immediately say "nothing wrong with the game! It was my GOTY! Only SONY STANS HATE IT SMH!" ?

There's no middle ground, no room for discussion no grey area. It's basically either agree and praise or get called a stan.

It's like me saying there's "nothing wrong" with FFXVI yet I have entire lengthy posts in that thread talking about the cons and things I didn't like.

There's "nothing wrong" with Horizon Zero Dawn.

There's "nothing wrong" with XYZ game. Xbox fans have this weird persecution complex. As much as I stan certain games, I critique most of them fairly.

Suffice to say, Starfield didn't meet the hype that it was generating and simply saying "it's a good game stop it" is proof of that.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The responses in here by the usual suspects are why I and others have chosen to stop responding seriously to Xbots.
You notice how most of them just immediately say "nothing wrong with the game! It was my GOTY! Only SONY STANS HATE IT SMH!" ?

There's no middle ground, no room for discussion no grey area. It's basically either agree and praise or get called a stan.

It's like me saying there's "nothing wrong" with FFXVI yet I have entire lengthy posts in that thread talking about the cons and things I didn't like.

There's "nothing wrong" with Horizon Zero Dawn.

There's "nothing wrong" with XYZ game. Xbox fans have this weird persecution complex. As much as I stan certain games, I critique most of them fairly.

Suffice to say, Starfield didn't meet the hype that it was generating and simply saying "it's a good game stop it" is proof of that.
Famo saying there is nothing wrong with Starfield as far as comparing it to broken ass Cyberpunk at launch(Starfield works for pretty much everyone), or no content NMS(Starfield has more content than Skyrim and Fallout 4 put together at launch) isn't not having room for a gray area, it's calling bullshyt saying the game needs a 'redemption arc' like it's a broken piece of shyt when it's not.

And before you say I'm not objective I have multiple posts saying Starfield is just an 8/10 game and there is definitely room for improvement, but it isn't broken or completely devoid of anything to do like NMS was at launch.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Famo saying there is nothing wrong with Starfield as far as comparing it to broken ass Cyberpunk at launch(Starfield works for pretty much everyone), or no content NMS(Starfield has more content than Skyrim and Fallout 4 put together at launch) isn't not having room for a gray area, it's calling bullshyt saying the game needs a 'redemption arc' like it's a broken piece of shyt when it's not.

And before you say I'm not objective I have multiple posts saying Starfield is just an 8/10 game and there is definitely room for improvement, but it isn't broken or completely devoid of anything to do like NMS was at launch.
I don't particularly care about Starfield as I have never even bothered to download it but I saw how as soon as someone gave any critiques about the game in the thread they were immediately attacked. Cyberpunk was broken on consoles at launch but overall as a game the foundation was solid. It was mostly technical issues. For Starfield what I've noticed is the foundation isn't as solid and that's a bigger thing to tackle.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I don't particularly care about Starfield as I have never even bothered to download it but I saw how as soon as someone gave any critiques about the game in the thread they were immediately attacked. Cyberpunk was broken on consoles at launch but overall as a game the foundation was solid. It was mostly technical issues. For Starfield what I've noticed is the foundation isn't as solid and that's a bigger thing to tackle.
The foundation of Cyberpunk was so solid they had to literally overhaul every single aspect of the gameplay with the 1.6 and 2.0 updates? From the police chases, to the gun play, to how you scan enemies they literally had to overhaul EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the game beyond just getting it to work on consoles. Yet Cyberpunk has the solid foundation, and Starfield a game which doesn't have any major technical flaws at all has the weak foundation?

This is what we mean when we say nothing is wrong with Starfield bro and it's a very vocal minority of people who have issues with this game. Starfield has room for improvement yes, but it has more to do with what can be added to expand the existing systems, not completely having to rework them to get them to actually be functional.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Breh when I loaded up the game and seen all that black excellence in space, it was majestic :wow:

Maybe the future is promising :blessed:

Woman at the head of the UC council? Black with a perm

Legendary UC general ? Black man with a fade.

Clone of Legendary general ? Black woman with cornrows.

Soon as the reveal hit I know cacs and c00ns exited the game, never played it again, and gave it a 4 out of 10. Can't relate to the characters.:mjpls:

I had to quit running with Sarah during that mission:mjpls:. Turned my pawg playthrough into risking it all for Andreja aka Anbeaja :whew:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:mjlol: @Fatboi1 trying to pretend he's being objective and hasn't even downloaded the game.

How you going to critique something you haven't played. Or are you pulling a meach and watching the game on YouTube? :skip:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Starfield at launch is better than both Cyberpunk and No Man's Sky.

Like y'all are doing the fukking most comparing this game to those games :pachaha:
And y'all KNOW I was there AT LAUNCH playing Cyberpunk 2077 on the Ps5.

Dealing with crash after crash after crash.

Cyberpunk 2077 was a shyt show and the way it's been rehabilitated in the public eye is laughable.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Like y'all are doing the fukking most comparing this game to those games :pachaha:

Cyberpunk 2077 was a shyt show and the way it's been rehabilitated in the public eye is laughable.
I played NMS at launch, I remember people calling it the video game version of Ambien in real time. :mjlol:

I told people the same thing I said about Starfield, relax and give it time this will be remembered as a great game. Starfield honestly has more potential than NMS and Cyberpunk put together, people are really being short sighted with how they view the game.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

Even after the resurgence of CP2077 and NMS, somehow Starfield just draws me in. I literally have to pace myself because I don't want to get sucked in, versus other games where I want to finish it off GP.

That's the magic of Bethesda games. They know how to get folks by the nuts that want RPGs to have immersion and use of imagination. CP2077 in its early stages was one of the most miserable experiences I have ever endured. Its better now, but back then...whooo boy.

NMS another game that was rough, but lacking something that just hits different with Starfield. The fact that I'm doing various quests all over the damn universe and not even touching the main objectives says a lot about the quality factor of this game.

I honestly feel like most of the gripes are from gamer burnout, obsession with the "next best thing", and.....

big-al-blood-in-blood-out.gif

No fanboy shyt, but if Sony head actually had this exclusive, the official thread would be on the front page by now with news of patches this month which I was going to drop, but I'm banned from discussion :mjpls:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Even after the resurgence of CP2077 and NMS, somehow Starfield just draws me in. I literally have to pace myself because I don't want to get sucked in, versus other games where I want to finish it off GP.

That's the magic of Bethesda games. They know how to get folks by the nuts that want RPGs to have immersion and use of imagination. CP2077 in its early stages was one of the most miserable experiences I have ever endured. Its better now, but back then...whooo boy.

NMS another game that was rough, but lacking something that just hits different with Starfield. The fact that I'm doing various quests all over the damn universe and not even touching the main objectives says a lot about the quality factor of this game.

I honestly feel like most of the gripes are from gamer burnout, obsession with the "next best thing", and.....

big-al-blood-in-blood-out.gif

No fanboy shyt, but if Sony head actually had this exclusive, the official thread would be on the front page by now with news of patches this month which I was going to drop, but I'm banned from discussion :mjpls:
So it’s Sony fans fault the official thread isn’t on the front page? You the koalabreh, but come on.

:mjlol: