Do You Think Starfield Will Have A Redemption Arc Like No Man's Sky & Cyberpunk Did?

will starfield have a redemption arc like cyberpunk or no man's sky?

• yes, in a few years Starfield will be considered an underrated masterpiece

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • nope, I don't see it happening

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • as long as Starfield is exclusive to Xbox & PC, then no

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • no because Starfield is just bad and doesn't have the potential Cyberpunk and NMS did

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I can see public opinion turning more positive over the years but it will always be a divisive game

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Square biz. If you ignore Reddit's hateful heathens and the dikkriding on social media, the game actually delivered but yes there's room for improvement. I'm frustrated because gamers are cannibalizing the industry in itself. Everything got to be GOTY or failure. Hell, look at YouTube and most of the clicks goes to "such and such killer" "is such and such doomed" "Dead brand", like wtf :mindblown: can any of you hateful humans actually enjoy shyt for once. Starfield is a pretty good game that honestly doesn't skip a beat.

• I'm in space
  • Its a big ass sandbox
  • I almost got locked up for contraband
  • Got a scottish ting and a bruv on the ship
  • I'm trying to mate on the reporter ting
  • Pirates are such dikkheads
I'm having my fun :ehh:

Even after the resurgence of CP2077 and NMS, somehow Starfield just draws me in. I literally have to pace myself because I don't want to get sucked in, versus other games where I want to finish it off GP.

That's the magic of Bethesda games. They know how to get folks by the nuts that want RPGs to have immersion and use of imagination. CP2077 in its early stages was one of the most miserable experiences I have ever endured. Its better now, but back then...whooo boy.

NMS another game that was rough, but lacking something that just hits different with Starfield. The fact that I'm doing various quests all over the damn universe and not even touching the main objectives says a lot about the quality factor of this game.

I honestly feel like most of the gripes are from gamer burnout, obsession with the "next best thing", and.....

big-al-blood-in-blood-out.gif

No fanboy shyt, but if Sony head actually had this exclusive, the official thread would be on the front page by now with news of patches this month which I was going to drop, but I'm banned from discussion :mjpls:
You preaching on this Sunday morning :ohlawd:
Every negative opinion I heard about this game had me thinking the same thing. It’s not that it’s a bad game NMs or broken like cyberpunk it’s that it isn’t the game of a generation, it’s not BG3 or Elden ring or 3 years worth of post work cyberpunk so that means it’s a terrible game.

I get the criticism of some AAA studios but a lot of it is unrealistic expectations and standards because these studios have money.
I remember telling a friend who games way more than me that I was enjoying the game and he all but called me a liar. He said this game isn’t good because it didn’t push the culture forward, it didn’t do anything that we’ve never seen before and the AI wasn’t smart enough. I’m like it’s AI there whole purpose is to get shot and make me look good. You want realism go play online, this isn’t a fps. Idk man I think gamers sometimes need to take a break from gaming to reset their palet

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Also for everyone that hates it so much then why on earth do you feel the need to keep talking about it? There are tons of other games out that you should be playing. Every YouTube comment is filled with people reiterating how much they were disappointed. It’s like people don’t want to express their opinion and move on, they want a filling of people to agree with them to validate how they feel.

And their feeling are mostly influenced by the masses. Fans of every genre are mostly weirdos, wrestling fans, gamers, sports movies all of them spend too much time ranting and raving. If it wasn’t the weekend I wouldn’t even be entertaining this type of thread

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
Absolutely not.

NMS’ redemption is fukking unmatched.

That shyt eclipsed the original concept videos, like a dozen free updates ago. It’s beyond what the game originally set out to be.

I don’t think Cyberpunk made up any headway. Maybe with the sequel but the shyt they said in the concept video still is a light year away.

Starfield is just a mediocre game that will fade out. There’s no fixing that shyt. It’s Fallout 76 status. Time to move back to skooma and swords.

The Pledge

Daps
Also for everyone that hates it so much then why on earth do you feel the need to keep talking about it? There are tons of other games out that you should be playing. Every YouTube comment is filled with people reiterating how much they were disappointed. It’s like people don’t want to express their opinion and move on, they want a filling of people to agree with them to validate how they feel.

And their feeling are mostly influenced by the masses. Fans of every genre are mostly weirdos, wrestling fans, gamers, sports movies all of them spend too much time ranting and raving. If it wasn’t the weekend I wouldn’t even be entertaining this type of thread
That’s how disappointment works.

When something fails to hit the right note and people care, they talk about the shortcomings.

If they hate, it’s still a byproduct of disappointment. When they don’t talk about the shyt, there’s no chance of redemption. No one cares anymore.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That’s how disappointment works.

When something fails to hit the right note and people care, they talk about the shortcomings.

If they hate, it’s still a byproduct of disappointment. When they don’t talk about the shyt, there’s no chance of redemption. No one cares anymore.
Stopit. This is the internet.

Content is for clicks. “Starfiled sucks” get the puters puttin :stopitslime:

The Pledge

Daps
Stopit. This is the internet.

Content is for clicks. “Starfiled sucks” get the puters puttin :stopitslime:
You say that in quotations like it’s not factual.

What you mean breh? Starfield is a terrible game.

Turn off the 2003 console wars facade for a moment.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Starfield at launch is better than both Cyberpunk and No Man's Sky.

Like y'all are doing the fukking most comparing this game to those games :pachaha:
And y'all KNOW I was there AT LAUNCH playing Cyberpunk 2077 on the Ps5.

Dealing with crash after crash after crash.

Cyberpunk 2077 was a shyt show and the way it's been rehabilitated in the public eye is laughable.

Starfield ran better, but it was still boring. Once I realized it was a 15 yr old game engine using the same animations and npc animations I couldn't play anymore. What's so hard to understand about that?:hubie:

I don't know about anybody else with Cyberpunk, but I had zero glitches on Ps5. Granted I stopped playing to wait for the update because I wanted the full experience. Everything about the game was better than Starfield

Veteran
Daps
I played NMS at launch, I remember people calling it the video game version of Ambien in real time. :mjlol:

I told people the same thing I said about Starfield, relax and give it time this will be remembered as a great game. Starfield honestly has more potential than NMS and Cyberpunk put together, people are really being short sighted with how they view the game.

No it doesn’t have potential to better because it's on a 15 yr old game engine.

They didnt even use motion capture for dialogue but it's supposed to be better?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
No it doesn’t have potential to better because it's on a 15 yr old game engine.

They didnt even use motion capture for dialogue but it's supposed to be better?

Bro, I'm not about to argue this right now. Cyberpunk had 3 years and NMS even more than that. Holla at me in 3 years and watch how the narrative around this game has changed.

Unreal Engine is old as shyt too, they keep updating it just like they are updating the Creation Engine for this game.

Veteran
Daps
Bro, I'm not about to argue this right now. Cyberpunk had 3 years and NMS even more than that. Holla at me in 3 years and watch how the narrative around this game has changed.

Unreal Engine is old as shyt too, they keep updating it just like they are updating the Creation Engine for this game.

Cyberpunk has a much better foundation from day 1 though, that's the entire point. And no, they didn't use Unreal.

Why are we discussing how a game with loading screens and terrible dialogue will have a redemption arc? Will they patch the loading screens out?

I hope it does become better. I bought a Series X thinking it was going to be good.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

The base game is just drab. IDK how that will change in several years unless they somehow patch in a new
Engine