Do You Think Starfield Will Have A Redemption Arc Like No Man's Sky & Cyberpunk Did?

will starfield have a redemption arc like cyberpunk or no man's sky?

• yes, in a few years Starfield will be considered an underrated masterpiece

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • nope, I don't see it happening

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • as long as Starfield is exclusive to Xbox & PC, then no

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • no because Starfield is just bad and doesn't have the potential Cyberpunk and NMS did

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I can see public opinion turning more positive over the years but it will always be a divisive game

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I eagerly awaited both at launch and Starfield was nowhere near as bad as Cyberpunk. Not even close. shyt would have your controls randomly lock up when you switched weapons or leave UI messages on top of your screen indefinitely. It literally got removed from the PS store for how fukked it was at launch and was delayed after it went gold. Two things that are typically unheard of let alone for the year's most hyped AAA game.

Starfield was a much more polished product granted there are intrinsic design flaws. Starfield's biggest flaw is that the open world exploration in the procedurally generated areas is too spaced out. The hub areas and hand-crafted locations are some of Bethesda’s best but they definitely came up short with the planet exploration. The only way to improve that would be a mod that shrinks the distances between points of interest to make the planet exploration feel more dense. You would need to add more variants to the locations as well.

No one ever grades a Bethesda game off the vanilla version tho they make these games with the intent to be modded. Starfield has so many systems and mechanics that it's hard to image modders not going crazy once they have the actual Creation Kit. There's a TON you can do as far as role playing and being creative and mods will only multiply that while letting you tweak anything you don't like.

We gotta wait til mods and DLC before we can give a final verdict, particularly if you're talking "comeback arcs", but even still it's nowhere near as bad as those games were at launch

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
Starfield's GamePlay Loop is "Broken".

Too many things that take you out of immersion.

They need to fix those items first, from the trash dead-eye NPCs, to the cut and loading scenes for almost everything.

The engine is way out dated, the procedural generation needs improvement. And my opinion they should have chose something other than the "Nasa Punk" aesthetic. It just isn't very visually interesting, as it becomes too "Samey" quickly.

And No it being a Xbox exclusive isn't why people have an issue with it.

It was supposed to be this great "Next-Gen" game, but it feels like it is two generations behind.

I play a lot of open world games, so I'm critical about them.

I signed up for Game Pass to give it a try, I played through a good portion of it.

Spiderman 2 dropped, and I didn't look back. I'm waiting on some major updates before I even consider playing it again.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis: Breh....this is a Bethesda game, folks should know the drill by now:

• Amazing sales during launch but broken down bad gameplay and bugs
  • Slow ass updates while modders waiting for the kit
  • Kit drops and all is right in the world
Not every living game is going to get the NMS and Cyberpunk redemption arc and quite frankly, I'm tired of the trope. Its annoying because Hello Games was a Indie dev that got a shyt load of money from Sony and technically was delivering overtime the shyt that was promised. It was Sony's and the suits that forced dudes hand to bring out the game in its shytty state.

Starfield despite the hiccups is a whole complete different game. It's basically Fallout and Skyrim in space. Nothing more or less. If anything, we need the Creation Kit more than what Bethesda needs to do.

On the flip side, I do see the expansion pass being a redeeming factor to the game.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Everybody outside of the coli I talk to about it says Starfield is good.

Square biz. If you ignore Reddit's hateful heathens and the dikkriding on social media, the game actually delivered but yes there's room for improvement. I'm frustrated because gamers are cannibalizing the industry in itself. Everything got to be GOTY or failure. Hell, look at YouTube and most of the clicks goes to "such and such killer" "is such and such doomed" "Dead brand", like wtf :mindblown: can any of you hateful humans actually enjoy shyt for once. Starfield is a pretty good game that honestly doesn't skip a beat.

• I'm in space
  • Its a big ass sandbox
  • I almost got locked up for contraband
  • Got a scottish ting and a bruv on the ship
  • I'm trying to mate on the reporter ting
  • Pirates are such dikkheads
I'm having my fun :ehh:

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Starfield...

giphy.gif

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Yeah Starfield is not bad its just aight. That's the problem
ANyway ti answer the question, Howard needs to step aside
He aint got it no more. I like that Druckman was honest in saying he aint got no more big games left in him

On the real, Skyrim was dude's magnum opus. He will never rekindle that magic. It tends to happen with artists. They have a vision and put their entire souls into it, only for it to outweigh their entire talents. But my issue is folks shytting on Todd like dude is supposed to be God, instead of just a good creative director.

But I digress because Obsidian should have been took control of the Bethesda games :hubie:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm frustrated because gamers are cannibalizing the industry in itself. Everything got to be GOTY or failure. Hell, look at YouTube and most of the clicks goes to "such and such killer" "is such and such doomed" "Dead brand", like wtf :mindblown: can any of you hateful humans actually enjoy shyt for once.

and a lot of time it ends up being a kind of bait and switch:

"Is Such and Such DOOMED?!!!?!" :damn:

and then the video is them calmly explaining that it's not doomed

it's similar to why every youtube video gotta have a thumbnail with some stupid surprised face

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
and a lot of time it ends up being a kind of bait and switch:

"Is Such and Such DOOMED?!!!?!" :damn:

and then the video is them calmly explaining that it's not doomed

it's similar to why every youtube video gotta have a thumbnail with some stupid surprised face

Still waiting for this cocksucker to give Murray his roses:

Another prime example of the Doom and Gloom gang that do all of this barking, but once the devs like "aight bet", they slither away like snakes and slugs. Ole thumbnail O face having goofies.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Those two games had legitimate issues, Starfield did not.

Starfield is just an okay game, some will love it while others don’t care. A lot of the pushback was from because of the lack of big games M$ had put out so there was a lot of pressure for it to be great. Redfall being a complete flop didn’t help either.

Can they make it more enjoyable and much more fun like the other two? They can definitely do great updates but ultimately the story is just very weak and characters are not that interesting compared to Cyberpunk.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
No man’s Sky is still trash:camby:

Cyberpunk was just like Starfield a good game with a lot to work with

Cyberpunk day 1 was a completely different game then it is now

They not going to completely rebuild Starfield’s gameplay though

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Still waiting for this cocksucker to give Murray his roses:

Another prime example of the Doom and Gloom gang that do all of this barking, but once the devs like "aight bet", they slither away like snakes and slugs. Ole thumbnail O face having goofies.

his whole schtick is being 'angry'

I work with this dude that's always legitimately upset about whatever current gaming nonsense. shyt ain't healthy

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
his whole schtick is being 'angry'

I work with this dude that's always legitimately upset about whatever current gaming nonsense. shyt ain't healthy

I mean his Madden rants are impeccable and dude makes valid points, yet he became the gimmick that's been so far dated. Dude became AVGN, full gimmick and can't escape the funk.