Do You Think Starfield Will Have A Redemption Arc Like No Man's Sky & Cyberpunk Did?

will starfield have a redemption arc like cyberpunk or no man's sky?

• yes, in a few years Starfield will be considered an underrated masterpiece

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • nope, I don't see it happening

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • as long as Starfield is exclusive to Xbox & PC, then no

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • no because Starfield is just bad and doesn't have the potential Cyberpunk and NMS did

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I can see public opinion turning more positive over the years but it will always be a divisive game

Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Man it actually took me a minute to remember this game. I’m sitting here looking at the title like “what the hell is Starfield?”

Daps
It doesn't need one No Mans Sky and Cyberpunk were trash when they came out and it took YEARS for those games to even be acceptable. Starfield came out of the gate as a 8.5/10 game and by the end of this year it will probably be a 10/10 with the upcoming updates and DLC. Bethesda is built different
Been playing it since around Thanksgiving and it's good if not flawed.

The folks that finished it within a week and were on NG +10 after a month were the main ones complaining. You can speedrun but it's not meant for that.

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Starfield coming out in 2019 woulda done something.
Hell. It coming out in 2020 to fill the void the previous gen nikkas ended up with when Cyberpunk ain't run on their hardware coulda crushed the buildings and put CDPR to bed for a while.

In 2023?
When it came out?
The year of BG3 and Cyberpunk's actual resurgence, done by people with some intention to make the game better and a design document to work on?

:mjlol:

No.

shyt gon keep having lower player counts than the 11 year old game from the same studio that has been rereleased so many times it runs on refrigerators and Amazon Echos. They gon drop the mod tools and trick people into thinking it's somehow a repairable game and they will do what they always do: leave it to hobbyists to do for free what their dev team shoulda done 4 years ago.

Starfield isn't 'bad'. But the bar wasn't 'not bad'. The bar it needed to clear was at least 'a good fukking game', and that's pre-hype. Right now anyone who trusts this studio to have ES6 not be trash is fooling themselves, and anyone who is trying to defend this as anything more than a AA game at best is outright lying.

nikka. Spiders put out a better game more recently than Bethesda Game Studios.

Bioware better this with DA4, or the entire old guard of golden era RPG studios is officially dead :yeshrug:

If ES6 look like Starfield it's time to scrap BGS for parts and send the properties to Obsidian for salvation.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Still waiting for this cocksucker to give Murray his roses:

Another prime example of the Doom and Gloom gang that do all of this barking, but once the devs like "aight bet", they slither away like snakes and slugs. Ole thumbnail O face having goofies.

What are you talking about? Should someone not be angry a game that promised so much was shyt at launch and was shyt for some time after? Why should i give grace to the developer for fixing them game when that shyt should of been in that state from the jump?

I am not about to give a round of applause because they fixed the pile of shyt they sold. Is that the new standard, to buy a game in an incomplete/broken state then wait 1-4 years for it to be fixed, if they do it at all?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
What are you talking about? Should someone not be angry a game that promised so much was shyt at launch and was shyt for some time after? Why should i give grace to the developer for fixing them game when that shyt should of been in that state from the jump?

I am not about to give a round of applause because they fixed the pile of shyt they sold. Is that the new standard, to buy a game in an incomplete/broken state then wait 1-4 years for it to be fixed, if they do it at all?

:francis:

The ambitious adventure-survival game No Man's Sky became infamous for its over-promised and under-delivered title on launch. What had been advertised as an exciting, sci-fi multiplayer experience ended up being a fairly empty, single-player game with limited resources and repetitive gameplay.

It might have been the small size of Hello Games' development team and relatively short development period that contributed to the lackluster launch; the game received heavy criticism for its false advertising and lack of communication. However, since its release, No Man's Sky has received several major content updates, including added multiplayer components, that have redeemed both the game and the studio in the public's eyes.

Blame Sony and the higher ups for them rushing the damn game, not Hello Games.