Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Also keep in mind, all white people (i hate using that broad term, but for simplicity) arent from some magical place devoid of pigmented peoples. Their ancestors had different cultural backgrounds, languages, etc....some groups of whites even hated other groups back in the day (some still do)...but for the most part they have a unity that we in the black community need more of.

As a West Indian who basically grew up here, this question hurts me, but doesnt surprise me. Blacks need to stop this division amongst ourselves. Our struggle is your struggle. We thank African Americans for their efforts and struggle, and many of us come here to elevate the stature of the BLACK community as a whole. All ah we is one. Thats something maybe more African Americans could learn form West Indians.

Rant over.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
davidcross.gif

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Also keep in mind, all white people (i hate using that broad term, but for simplicity) arent from some magical place devoid of unpigmented peoples. Their ancestors had different cultural backgrounds, languages, etc....some groups of whites even hated other groups back in the day (some still do)...but for the most part they have a unity that we in the black community need more of.

As a West Indian who basically grew up here, this question hurts me, but doesnt surprise me. Blacks need to stop this division amongst ourselves. Our struggle is your struggle. We thank African Americans for their efforts and struggle, and many of us come here to elevate the stature of the BLACK community as a whole. All ah we is one. Thats something maybe more African Americans could learn form West Indians.

Rant over.

Us first gen Americans just gotta keep building the bridges to our American African family, deep down we know we kin but this is hundreds of years of bullshyt being dealt with in a relatively short period of time. But the unity of black folks is paramount to our prosperity. There's no reason to me why Africa can't be a powerful place(Got a middle class boom coming soon) and the nations of the west with majority black populations have links to the motherland economically, politically, and socially.

Or keep lettin the cac programming bamboozle us into more struggling? :yeshrug:

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
I dont consider them one of us. We dont share anything in common. Language. Culture. Food. Music. Mentality, etc. Being "Black in America" doesn't just signify anything racial. It's a shared experience. Blacks were cut off from our history, we didn't have a country to call our own like immigrants from other countries did, so we formed our own here. In result, being "Black in America" is almost, by proxy a nationality.

I don't think Afrikans are Black. Blumenbach may have put us all in one box 1,000 years ago :manny: but the way we define Black in the US, them nikkas couldn't be anymore different than us. Those same dudes would be calling me "Akata" to my face if I was in Lagos & be talking about how ignorant, lazy & ghetto African Americans are. So fukk em.

fukk you too ******

:shaq:

Swayze

nah trick nahhh
Daps
Black does not equal African-American, one can be black and from the Caribbean or Africa.

YBE

Banned
Daps
I understand what your tryna say OP but this thread is dumb as fukk, but I hear this type of idiocy from HU alums all the time. You must fukk wit the grooves & swings or some shyt. :snoop:

Ok, where to start. If you want to use "Black" to simply define the descendants of slavery in America then that's fine but you make it seem as though other Africans weren't suffering under the oppression of the white man. Just as you say we don't and never will understand yalls plight, you'll never get the plight of caribbean Africans or Africans from Latin America or even from the continent itself. Our one common thread aside from racially being products of the motherland is being oppressed and fukked with by cacs for hundreds of years. So how exactly can "Other blacks" not relate to Blacks in America? Africans were enslaved, exploited, and oppressed on their own land breh, you don't think somebody from Congo can't understand the struggle of Black Americans?

Yall better off embracing "African American" since yall our fam and we're your fam too. Black is just a way for this society to classify us, we all nikkaz on this soil even if your a blind sambo. You think a cac will see the difference between a black Cuban and a black Virginian? Your point of view is divisive and pretty much the desired effect of the conservative counterrevolution that keeps telling all the different sides of Africans that they hate each other and they ain't shyt. Lets clear up the clusterfukk rather than contribute to it.

I feel what you saying....and you actually gave a level headed response.

You can't have this discussion online because you can't tell who you're speaking to. I'd guarantee most of the dudes in here salty are from one of the ethnic groups I named because it's no way you're African American & haven't seen what I'm saying. What this boils down to is, I don't consider someone one of us, when they don't consider us one of them. nikkas read this thread & responded with stupid answers. Obviously AA's, Afrikans, Caribbeans & Afro-Latinos are racially defined as black but, in the U.S. when we use the term Black, we're pointing to a cultural identity that AA's share, and since we don't have a home country like Afrikans, Carribbeans or South Americans or have been stripped of that connection, its akin to nationalistic pride. Saying I'm black & I'm proud is no different than being proud to be Igbo or West Indian. That's our identity. Racial. Social. Cultural. Whatever. Those groups try to invade that identity, when the whole basis for it in the first place was for displaced Afrikans in the U.S. :smh:, then still want to be able to retreat back to their own communities that AA's aren't allowed into. We can come in your world but, you can't come in ours :birdman: :rudy: That's that shyt I don't like. When we all together, its all love then behind our backs, they snickering at how fukked up us African Americans are :whew: That's definitely that shyt I don't like. If I went to Nigeria tomorrow acting like I was Afrikan, cats over there would :beli: and quickly correct me but, I'm in the wrong for saying those dudes are not Black, atleast not in the way we define the term over here? Nah. fukk that. You're Black but, you're not Black.

193502_o.gif

Deetee

Notorious Lurker
Daps
Reppin
T.Dot
:snoop: Ask urself would a cop care where u were born when profiling u? Same shyt, different culture.

Hardest Since MC Ren

Kizz My Black Azz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now the Plastic chair Philosophers of The Coli School of Enlightenment gonna pretend like they dont understand the question. It figures :rudy:

Its a dumb ass question doggie

Black people as you define them in America[whatever the fukk that means] originated in Africa

u think cacs started calling nikkas Black after freeing them from slavery?

Africans are more 'Black' than any 'Black' American u can find

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Sh*t, personally, the question should be reversed. Do non AA blacks consider AAs to be black. AAs be lookin' extra latino these days. The average AA about 3 shades lighter than your Jamaican, Haitian, and Africans of any region. Y'all need to quit with this b.s.