Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

YBE

Banned
Daps
I think I understand where thread starter was coming from. I arrived at this understanding by reading his post #67

He was basically saying that AAs are the same as other Blacks but also different in many regards as well...as they have had a slightly different history. Black-Americans need to have their own brand identity/label, etc. that's exclusive to them....but still falls under the global banner of "blackness".

What he was saying is that those of us....like myself (Ghanaian), other Blacks like Nigerians, Ethiopians, Jamaicans, Dominicans, Somalis, Senegalese, etc. have "nationalities" and lands to go back to where we are predominant.

The problem was his wording, he was using the word "Black" (for lack of a better term) to exclusively describe Black-Americans which created all the uproar and insults.

This is just my interpretation of his many posts...I could be wrong...I dunno

james.gif

you worded it alot better :manny:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
I think I understand where thread starter was coming from. I arrived at this understanding by reading his post #67

He was basically saying that AAs are the same as other Blacks but also different in many regards as well...as they have had a slightly different history. Black-Americans need to have their own brand identity/label, etc. that's exclusive to them....but still falls under the global banner of "blackness".

What he was saying is that those of us....like myself (Ghanaian), other Blacks like Nigerians, Ethiopians, Jamaicans, Dominicans, Somalis, Senegalese, etc. have "nationalities" and lands to go back to where we are predominant.

The problem was his wording, he was using the word "Black" (for lack of a better term) to exclusively describe Black-Americans which created all the uproar and insults.

This is just my interpretation of his many posts...I could be wrong...I dunno

i understood that from the beginning and so did a lot of people, and the thing is that factually speaking he is totally correct, there are huge differences between all these people

the beef i had and other people have is that he made it seem like its some kind of power move to separate black americans from black immigrants

im a pragmatic guy, im just behaving rationally, IMO i think its in everybody's interest to stick together, but if threadstarter (or any immigrants) lays out why we should be apart then im more than happy to hear it out but it has to be more than some sh*t about getting your feelings hurt by some FOB (fresh off the boat) motherfuker

i think the issue of black immigrants getting arrogant should be dealt with also but i dont think it should be dealt with the way the thread starter is insinuating where we start drawing lines

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
Stop being a moron :upsetfavre:

Im wasting my time with you nikkas. You got a response for any & everything. If you can't look at a black dude, a dude from Jamaica & a dude from Nigeria and can't see differences between the three, you're fukking stupid. Like seriously. Dont quote me :stopitslime:

They're black. But they're not black.

:deadrose: You're not making no sense at all. I could find a African American ppl who looks like Nigeria people. What is your point really? You really need to stop wasting other peoples time with that idiot rhetoric

YBE

Banned
Daps
:what: isn't that what i've been saying for pages though?? and now you finally agree?

No. I made a thread asking a question & a million of you nikkas got mad disrespectful & acted like you didn't know where I was coming from :rudy:

Even if yall did say that, they were swamped under all the bytch nikka, dumb fakkit & stupid thread comments. Like I'mma really value your opinion after that? :heh: I have no issue listening to nikkas, as long as its respectful. Notice I dapped up 2Quik & listened to his points despite him disagreeing with me too :stopitslime:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
fukk it, since we airing shyt out in here lemme say I hate how some people in the Caribbean bleach their skin, shyt is the ultimate sambo move. Not only do black features look terrible on white skin, but you literally tryna make yourself a cac. :what: And I hate how black folk to this day let outsiders not of their skin and struggle have majority control over their culture, the most important tool for mass programming in the hands of someone else...it's fukked up. I hope the next two generations bring more positive shyt and places like Chicago, Oakland, and Baltimore can be flourishing with a growing black middle class.

Black people from America are an amazing group imo and there's nobody on the planet like them, and the same can be said for all the other black nations on the Western Hemisphere as well as Africa and Asia. But a lot gotta be solved within all our own communities, so unity on a global scale won't happen tomorrow or next week but I think it's good to start now and discussions like this are helpful as fukk no matter how ignorant they get. But yall keep makin all these claims about how outside Africans don't like to claim black. But I'd say that has more to do with them acknowledging their nationality beyond being an American. Kinda like what some of yall doin now actually. If anything they doin yall a favor by claiming their difference right? Some on some racist shyt, but anyone in those communities that know the deal don't fukk with those types. They bootlickers more often than not.

So like I said from the start, I understand what the OP was tryna say. It's just that black is too broad a term because that's implying the skin tone and you ain't bout to tell Africans they ain't black. Yall can't deny that anyone that look black in this thread would be in chains in 16th century America. To me yall more than a color, yall are Africans on who's backs this country was built. Yall are Americans by the evidence of yall survival thru the centuries, yall style is American, yall a unique ass group, but at the end of the day, trace them roots and yall African. Deal with it. :smoker:

BOBN

Pro
Daps
YBE admitted his sisters a two-bit whore and hes from a family of full blown retards.

Unfortunately this thread was inevitable :sad:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I really wanted to participate in this thread but gotdamn its long as shyt lol