Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
me, personally, i call them first gens. they're obviously black, but they're not apart of the experience most african americans have been subjected to. i've noticed first gens are more likely to distance themselves from our communities anyhow -- and most of their women are on that :mjpls: policy

YBE

Banned
Daps
why don't you define what black is in America op :obama:

I dont consider them one of us. We dont share anything in common. Language. Culture. Food. Music. Mentality, etc. Being "Black in America" doesn't just signify anything racial. It's a shared experience. Blacks were cut off from our history, we didn't have a country to call our own like immigrants from other countries did, so we formed our own here. In result, being "Black in America" is almost, by proxy a nationality.

I don't think Afrikans are Black. Blumenbach may have put us all in one box 1,000 years ago :manny: but the way we define Black in the US, them nikkas couldn't be anymore different than us. Those same dudes would be calling me "Akata" to my face if I was in Lagos & be talking about how ignorant, lazy & ghetto African Americans are. So fukk em.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I dont consider them one of us. We dont share anything in common. Language. Culture. Food. Music. Mentality, etc. Being "Black in America" doesn't just signify anything racial. It's a shared experience. Blacks were cut off from our history, we didn't have a country to call our own like immigrants from other countries did, so we formed our own here. In result, being "Black in America" is almost, by proxy a nationality.

I don't think Afrikans are Black. Blumenbach may have put us all in one box 1,000 years ago :manny: but the way we define Black in the US, them nikkas couldn't be anymore different than us. And lets keep in mind, those same dudes would be calling me "Akata" if I was in Lagos & be talking about how ignorant, lazy & ghetto African Americans were. So fukk em.

:comeon:

Let's keep in mind, you're basically doing the same stupid thing right now, but you're not smart enough to think of a term that will stick.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps

I don't think Afrikans are Black. Blumenbach may have put us all in one box 1,000 years ago :manny: but the way we define Black in the US, them nikkas couldn't be anymore different than us. Those same dudes would be calling me "Akata" to my face if I was in Lagos & be talking about how ignorant, lazy & ghetto African Americans are. So fukk em.

I'm Nigerian you stupid negro. this might be the most idiotic thread in the history of threads on the coli

YBE

Banned
Daps
me, personally, i call them first gens. they're obviously black, but they're not apart of the experience most african americans have been subjected to. i've noticed first gens are more likely to distance themselves from our communities anyhow -- and most of their women are on that :mjpls: policy

Somebody understands.