Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

concise

Veteran
Daps
me, personally, i call them first gens. they're obviously black, but they're not apart of the experience most african americans have been subjected to. i've noticed first gens are more likely to distance themselves from our communities anyhow -- and most of their women are on that :mjpls: policy

Kwame Ture. not black.
Arturo Schomburg. not black.

95982073.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Black is an all encompassing term for people in our race but the term black is also a term for a people who have no nationality so instead use what they have *black* and project it on everyone else.

concise

Veteran
Daps
and they're not, you using those two examples doesn't refute that.

i know far too many first gens that come over here established already.

And I, who actually live among them and am one of them, know so many that weren't and refute your silly point about being not being a part of the African American experience.

So what are you proving?

upthere

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
^
Yes, but it depends on what your view of "Black" is.

Some Black people dont want to be associated with being "Black" because there are a lot of negative/stereotypical connotations via media (we're mostly known for sports/entertainment, and violence) education systems (history:usure:), and even ourselves (crab in barrel mentality).

ORR they are simply more proud of their nationality (or forefathers white side) and would rather be viewed as that, as opposed to a "color"...
Think of Black people from some places in south america and caribbean.. Or more comparable to north america would be the Black person that wont acknowledge their african heritage, but is quick to claim all the french, english, spanish, indian, in their ancestry :manny:..

Our cultures, nationality, and religions may be different all over the world, but we are all Black, and theres a very good chance that we all made our way to this continent either through immigration, exploration (some Black people did live along side and with native americans before the euros decided they wanted this continent too:wtb:), or slavery. But Africa is most likely the place where most of us started

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
me, personally, i call them first gens. they're obviously black, but they're not apart of the experience most african americans have been subjected to. i've noticed first gens are more likely to distance themselves from our communities anyhow -- and most of their women are on that :mjpls: policy

this is a lie and a myth that has been spreading faster than wildfire.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't considers Africans in America "Black" :yeshrug:

I think of us a "Africans IN America"

If there was ever a movement to kill all black people in America, your African ass would be on the list.