Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

Daps
you're probably right about black people in other provinces but in Quebec (francophone province) you can tell.

we all dress the same but we don't talk exactly the same. different accents, different expressions, etc. first, west indies you can tell because they speak mostly english with their specific accents. (they can even tell between eachother which countries they're respectively from).

yea Quebec is different still.
MTL is a student city so an immigrant city by trade.
The Francophones that dont look fobish are usually all hatians
the anglophones that don't look fobish are usually west indians.

the fobbish nikkaz(usually students) tend to stick together .

In Tdot tho, It's a different story. all the yutes dres alike speak the same, when i first came here, there were so many times id guess someone's ethnicity and they'd rell me it was something I Wasnt expecting.
Made me realize that the so called genetic/physical differences between neegaz here and neegaz ther are myths and overblown :yeshrug:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
they view all 3 as Black, which was my point.

What does that mean though? THat they recognize them as being physically dark? I don't think the perception of West Africans, Carribeans in AAs is all the same in people's eyes, no more than I see Irish, Italians and Russians as being the same.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Of course, we are all members of the same race, but I think the OP meant ethnicity, in which I agree with him that we aren't the same. I never considered Black immigrants to be the same as us and based on their behavior, I hope they continue to check "Other" on the application form. Our predecessors bore and bare the spiritual, psychological, and emotional scars of over 500 years of a hostile society holding us at the very least in contempt only to have these fools come to this country to spit in our faces after we created an environment that made it easier for them to be a success in America. In general, fukk them. :pacspit: *Waits for someone to compare this to ignorant nikkas in the hood* :stopitslime:

Black Hans

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WOW

all

Where do american blacks (mixing and all) blacks come from Africa.

As unique, as they are...anyone with african/black blood, is part of the African diaspora

on the flip side, europeans know they are from europe, but will claim america...but I dont know why blacks would let their history in the united states, start with a slave trade.

I do see the differences between african born blacks and american born as interesting...both blacks have done well for themselves. all together we have to band as a unit. American has 40 million blacks. Africa has 1 billion blacks.

also...

African immigrants to the U.S. are among the most educated groups in the United States. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma. This is more than double the rate of native-born white Americans, and nearly four times the rate of native-born African Americans.

According to the 2000 Census, the rate of college diploma acquisition is highest among Egyptian Americans at 59.7 percent, followed closely by Nigerian Americans at 58.6 percent.

In 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United States held a graduate degree, compared to 8.1 percent of adult white Americans and 3.8 percent of adult black Americans in the United States, respectively.

According to the 2000 Census, the percentage of Africans with a graduate degree is highest among Nigerian Americans at 28.3 percent, followed by Egyptian Americans at 23.8 percent.

Of the African-born population in the United States age 25 and older, 87.9% reported having a high school degree or higher, compared with 78.8% of Asian-born immigrants and 76.8% of European-born immigrants, respectively.

Africans from Nigeria (89.1 percent), Ghana (85.9 percent), Botswana (84.7 percent), and Malawi (83 percent) were the most likely to report having a high school degree or higher. Those born in Cape Verde (44.8 percent) and Mauritania (60.8 percent) were the least likely to report having completed a high school education.

Because that's the inception of Black people's history in America. You want to run away from the truth?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
lies..stop this cac generalizations

I live in toronto and if you're talking to a black/mixed bytch you're going to have ask them straight up what's your background beacuse unless they tell you their name(and even then) your guess will most likely be wrong.

slow down Mr. Garvey. I live in NYC and I can usually tell the difference between AAs and other foreign blacks based on quite a few things, just as I can usually tell a Eastern European from an Anglo Saxon white.

Daps
Of course, we are all members of the same race, but I think the OP meant ethnicity, in which I agree with him that we aren't the same. I never considered Black immigrants to be the same as us and based on their behavior, I hope they continue to check "Other" on the application form. Our predecessors bore and bare the spiritual, psychological, and emotional scars of over 500 years of a hostile society holding us at the very least in contempt only to have these fools come to this country to spit in our faces after we created an environment that made it easier for them to be a success in America. In general, fukk them. :pacspit: *Waits for someone to compare this to ignorant nikkas in the hood* :stopitslime:
:stopitslime:
Colonisation of Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ignorance is bliss

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea Quebec is different still.
MTL is a student city so an immigrant city by trade.
The Francophones that dont look fobish are usually all hatians
the anglophones that don't look fobish are usually west indians.

the fobbish nikkaz(usually students) tend to stick together .

In Tdot tho, It's a different story. all the yutes dres alike speak the same, when i first came here, there were so many times id guess someone's ethnicity and they'd rell me it was something I Wasnt expecting.
Made me realize that the so called genetic/physical differences between neegaz here and neegaz ther are myths and overblown :yeshrug:
the countries that are more mixed (west indies, carribean, etc) it's hard to tell. you're definitely right on that. but in some instances you can guess (although like you said, you'd be surprised sometimes). the ones i can guess sometimes are the Ghanian, Somalians, ethiopians sometimes. and even that is just sometimes.

but as far as the youths, our respective slangs are definitely getting mixed up. i hear haitian kids using africans words, african kids using creole slang. it's funny because sometimes we don't even know the exact translation of the word we're using but we know what the slang generally means and in what context to use it. and even the white kids use the slang. you listen to it sometimes and it's a trip...

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Idiot u know Africans were under the Cacs until like 50 years ago

The Ignorance from AA's about Africa is disgusting :snoop:

Daps
slow down Mr. Garvey. I live in NYC and I can usually tell the difference between AAs and other foreign blacks based on quite a few things, just as I can usually tell a Eastern European from an Anglo Saxon white.

and I Live in Toronto in a generation of black people who descend from all over the diaspora but were born and raised here, and am telling you, you can't when they all dress and speak the same.

obviously anyone can tell a yardie when hes wearing some tight ass bright pants and speaking patois, or an afircan old man thats black as hell wearing open toed sandals in september but you go to any school here, and start naming the backgrounds of the black yutes and you will be wrong on most of your guesses.

Black Hans

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black is the entire diaspora of folk who have black blood in them

You can choose to segment yourself. but you cannot separate the two.

Also a team divided itself cannot stand, there are man communities in Africa, and part of the segmentation was what made the place conquerable in the past.

They're not on our team.

Daps
the countries that are more mixed (west indies, carribean, etc) it's hard to tell. you're definitely right on that. but in some instances you can guess (although like you said, you'd be surprised sometimes). the ones i can guess sometimes are the Ghanian, Somalians, ethiopians sometimes. and even that is just sometimes.

but as far as the youths, our respective slangs are definitely getting mixed up. i hear haitian kids using africans words, african kids using creole slang. it's funny because sometimes we don't even know the exact translation of the word we're using but we know what the slang generally means and in what context to use it. and even the white kids use the slang. you listen to it sometimes and it's a trip...

im discounting the somalians and ethiopians kuz they're east africans and clearly distinguishable... but in general i feel you

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
and I Live in Toronto in a generation of black people who descend from all over the diaspora but were born and raised here, and am telling you, you can't when they all dress and speak the same.

obviously anyone can tell a yardie when hes wearing some tight ass bright pants and speaking patois, or an afircan old man thats black as hell wearing open toed sandals in september but you go to any school here, and start naming the backgrounds of the black yutes and you will be wrong on most of your guesses.

That's you then :manny:

I can usually tell the difference between AAs and Carribean kids in East Flatbush, just as I could an Italian and and someone who's Irish. Not all "blacks" look alike nor do all whites.

Daps
That's you then :manny:

I can usually tell the difference between AAs and Carribean kids in East Flatbush, just as I could an Italian and and someone who's Irish. Not all "blacks" look alike nor do all whites.

:manny:

you're going off cultural and social cues, not physical ones to distinguish them..which can be accurate to a degree, but you can't claim its a physical difference that lets you know..I mean i can tell them apart as well, but its not by oh "his cheekbones are much more defined suggesting that he's from..." especially sine carribeans basically look like generic black people :russ:

you're used to seeing africans in a certain type of way yardies in a certain type of way...ect..

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wikipedia - Precolonial and Spanish colonial periods in haiti :aicmon:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
:manny:

you're going off cultural and social cues, not physical ones to distinguish them..which can be accurate to a degree, but you can't claim its a physical difference that lets you know..I mean i can tell them apart as well, but its not by oh "his cheekbones are much more defined suggesting that he's from..." especially sine carribeans basically look like generic black people :russ:

you're used to seeing africans in a certain type of way yardies in a certain type of way...ect..

I'm refering to physical ones as well. I won't get into it because it will sound "racist." I witness and observe a variety of people from all walks of life everyday. I see Africans and WIs that "act black American" all the time, and I can usually point them out based on physical differences.

IMO not all black groups are physically identicle simply based on color. Also keep in mind that given the fact that Africa is the most biodiversified place on the planet, some groups from Africa are more prevelent than others are in certain countries.