Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
That's Africa, not America. Different environments and situations. Or do you think being a minority in a nation of 300 million is the same as being the majority on a continent of 800 million? :stopitslime: I know this, I would never go to Ghana and feel I can call myself a Ghanian when I'm not from there nor have I shared the same experience as people from Ghana. That's disrespectful. Black Americans have been letting too much of this type of shyt go on for too long. If we were regulating our group instead of letting everybody in because "they look like us" :rudy: we would've be able to better stave of these immigrant snakes that exploit our history and name at will only to :scusthov: when dealing with real Black Americans outside of those situations. Please prove me wrong and tell me that the collective of black immigrants don't do what I've been saying in THIS country.
Black Americans getting oppressed by Black Immigrants :whew: lol some of us love being victims...

Bottom Line: If ya'll want to separate yourselves from the rest of the Black people on Earth, then go for it. But come up with another name for yourelves, cuz Black is taken...

Edit:

He already said it

again, if you want to be exclusive and keep yourself separate from other black people, fukk it, do you. but how the fukk does "black" belong to you guys?

EDIT: i understand how "African-American" is specific to you guys. but i just don't get how "black" would also be specific to you guys.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black Americans getting oppressed by Black Immigrants :whew: lol some of us love being victims...

Bottom Line: If ya'll want to separate yourselves from the rest of the Black people on Earth, then go for it. But come up with another name for yourelves, cuz Black is taken...

Edit:

He already said it

is that all you pulled from his post?

we don't want to separate ourselves from other black people on earth, they do a perfectly good job of that themselves.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
is that all you pulled from his post?

we don't want to separate ourselves from other black people on earth, they do a perfectly good job of that themselves.

Yes thats all I pulled from his bullshyt posting.

The point has been made at least a dozen times in this thread. Everybody doesn't get along just cuz they have the same skin tone. White people go to war with white people, tribes in Africa fight with other tribes, Black people from the same zip code will kill other black people...it doesn't mean they are a different race, its just human nature.

Ya'll are bytching and whining about how certain immigrants separate themselves from ya'll and make you feel sad. But thats just bytching and whining...its not reality. Cuz if you simple nikkas made even a tiny effort to talk to an immigrant just once you would realize its not that serious...

The whole thing is silly. lol how are you in college acting like a black first gen and black americans just can't get a long. At Howard lol? You need to get out more.

If immigrants are always treatin you like shyt then maybe its just you...

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
I know this, I would never go to Ghana and feel I can call myself a Ghanian when I'm not from there nor have I shared the same experience as people from Ghana. That's disrespectful.

:what:

nikka an Ethiopian cant go to Ghana and call himself a Ghanaian ..fukk is u talking bout?

Black Americans have been letting too much of this type of shyt go on for too long. If we were regulating our group instead of letting everybody in because "they look like us" :rudy: we would've be able to better stave of these immigrant snakes that exploit our history and name

Who is exploiting our name and history? and how?:rudy:

Please prove me wrong and tell me that the collective of black immigrants don't do what I've been saying in THIS country.
nikka your whole post sounded like it was ghostwritten by Art Barr and Mr Uncle Leroy

are u even a descendant of freed slaves???
Cuz u sound as if English is your 3rd language

Im done with this garbage ass thread too..

:snoop:

YBE

Banned
Daps
Hear me out for a minute.

Dont get me wrong a lot of that goes on among foreign black adults because they have a bad perception of african-american children/teenagers. Americans dont discipline their kids as severely like most other nations and children here tend to be more prone to act up/be rebellious and get in trouble with the law. Add the fact that you have TV airing all your dirty laundry to the world yet still take the "i dont give a fukk" approach makes it even worst so they dont want their kids getting mixed up with american children. Whereas in the caribbean and a lot of these other countries you can have a grown ass 19-20 year old still catching ass whooping from parents easily.

BUT on the younger side kids from other countries WANT TO get together and chill with africa american kids despite our parents because we think ya'll are cool... at first. But what happens when they first move here to american schools and try to blend in?

THey get:
  • pushed away and considered outsiders
  • made fun of because of their accents or whatever
  • jumped/beaten daily (ask anyone who lived in Miami in the 90's they'll tell you they seen the shyt with their own eyes)

I heard of haitian and african kids that have committed suicide from being jumped daily by african american kids just because they were where they were from.

So as a result they start sticking to their own.Some of them eventually join culturally repated gangs for protection. If you ever seen the show "GANG LAND" the guys say it that the haitian gang "ZOE POUND" started out because haitian kids got tired of being jumped JUST BECAUSE they were haitian and it's true. I seen the sh!t with my own eyes.

nikkas arguing for 3 days, just to later admit what I have a problem with :dwillhuh:

Usually "black" in the US means African American. It really doesn't matter where you come from because most foreigners here identify themselves by nationality. I think every Nigerian, Ghanian, Jamaican, Hatian etc that I know have refered to themselves as their home country before anything else.

My point :manny:

Of course, we are all members of the same race, but I think the OP meant ethnicity, in which I agree with him that we aren't the same. I never considered Black immigrants to be the same as us and based on their behavior, I hope they continue to check "Other" on the application form. Our predecessors bore and bare the spiritual, psychological, and emotional scars of over 500 years of a hostile society holding us at the very least in contempt only to have these fools come to this country to spit in our faces after we created an environment that made it easier for them to be a success in America. In general, fukk them. :pacspit: *Waits for someone to compare this to ignorant nikkas in the hood* :stopitslime:

Cosizzle :obama:

you're going off cultural and social cues, not physical ones to distinguish them..which can be accurate to a degree, but you can't claim its a physical difference that lets you know..I mean i can tell them apart as well, but its not by oh "his cheekbones are much more defined suggesting that he's from..." especially sine carribeans basically look like generic black people :russ:

you're used to seeing africans in a certain type of way yardies in a certain type of way...ect..

No. I can use physical cues at points. I can pick Ethiopians/Eritreans & other East Africans out of lineup easily. If you took a bunch of East African girls & put them next to a bunch of AAs girls who were the same complexion.....if you been around enough of them, you'd instantly know what their features are.

Nah, my observations aren't up for debate. Like I said, I can usually tell AAs from foreign blacks just as I can with people who are predominantly Anglo Saxon from people who are Mediterrenean.

Same here. Obviously cultural cues help though.

I'll use all dark skin people, before people say "all Africans aren't dark skin like that's not obvious information" :upsetfavre:

If I had no knowledge of this dude, Id guess he was STRAIGHT from the motherland....

djimon_hounsou.jpg

These nikkas look Caribbean as fukk...

Bounty_Killer_Beenie_Man_Sold_Out.jpg

Everyday ass nikka right here...

mekhi-phifer-signed-8-mile-honey-er-brians-song-8x10_79986dc7c7df6ba179b2f08d008f8695.jpg

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas arguing for 3 days, just to later admit what I have a problem with :dwillhuh:

My point :manny:

Cosizzle :obama:

No. I can use physical cues at points. I can pick Ethiopians/Eritreans & other East Africans out of lineup easily. If you took a bunch of East African girls & put them next to a bunch of AAs girls who were the same complexion.....if you been around enough of them, you'd instantly know what their features are.

Same here. Obviously cultural cues help though.

I'll use all dark skin people, before people say "all Africans aren't dark skin like that's not obvious information" :upsetfavre:

If I had no knowledge of this dude, Id guess he was STRAIGHT from the motherland....

djimon_hounsou.jpg

mekhi-phifer-signed-8-mile-honey-er-brians-song-8x10_79986dc7c7df6ba179b2f08d008f8695.jpg
and you would only consider the last pic as a black man.

wait let me correct this. you'd say something like "of course they're all part of the black race but only the last one is really black the way we mean it in the States"

would that sound about right to you?

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
again, if you want to be exclusive and keep yourself separate from other black people, fukk it, do you. but how the fukk does "black" belong to you guys?

EDIT: i understand how "African-American" is specific to you guys. but i just don't get how "black" would also be specific to you guys.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought we were the only ones to embrace the word "Black" as an identity. I know Haitians and others were referred to as being black, but I never heard of anyone outside of Black Americans as a group call themselves Black as anything other than a description. In my experiences, most Black ethnic groups outside of America are :huhldup: when it comes to being referred to as Black. Especially Black Latinos.

BTW, I wish there could be unity like that in the Black race but unfortunately, I know reality and I can't sit by and let non-Black Americans, including other Black ethnicities, to be :scusthov: towards the average AA while trying to come off as them when it benefits them w/o as least saying something about it. You non-AAs who are black know what I'm saying is true. I'm pretty sure none of you all would want your group being exploited like that. Don't tell me to be okay with you doing it to mine and be all "we all Black" :pachaha: about it.

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion
I dont know what to call myself brehs :noah:

I'm black but I'm from the Caribbean....the Virgin Islands and that's US territory. I dunno if I'm african american...but that's who I associate and nobody can tell any difference.

humble Hermit

Mind Power
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Conquering Lion

:beli: There is no real difference in Appearance between Black Caribbean Folks and African Americans. Nothing distinctive because the same slave master blood flows thru West Indians. I could post pictures of African Americans that looks like Bounty Killa and Beeni man...and West Indians that look like Mekhi

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
:what:

nikka an Ethiopian cant go to Ghana and call himself a Ghanaian ..fukk is u talking bout?

Who is exploiting our name and history? and how?:rudy:

nikka your whole post sounded like it was ghostwritten by Art Barr and Mr Uncle Leroy

are u even a descendant of freed slaves???
Cuz u sound as if English is your 3rd language

Im done with this garbage ass thread too..

:snoop:

Let me explain to you in Sesame Street terms. In America, the word black is not just an adjective, it is used as an identity of a people. That identity is generally assigned to descendants of American slaves. Idiots like you think that because someone who can be described as a black man but is from another country can come to this country and claim that identity simply because they look similar to the group that uses Black as an identity even those he shares no cultural experience or history with that group. I was saying that I wouldn't dare go to Ghana and say I'm Ghanian simply because I share the same skin color as Ghanians. This nikka here says it all:

The letter for you today is C. You take it and get out of this thread. :mindblown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
Latveria

djimon_hounsou.jpg

:stopitslime:

Idiot u searched for nikkas that prove your point, that doesn't mean that their aren't a million other nikkas that discredit your point