Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
my man said soul food was african food................I swear yall smart dumb nikkas are worse than hood nikkas....

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
my man said soul food was african food................I swear yall smart dumb nikkas are worse than hood nikkas....

what the fukk is Soul Food then?

u want me to take credit for that like its some pure African American cuisine?

:what:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Do yall consider African immigrants from those areas.......Black, as we define it in America? We share the same skin color but, we couldn't be any more different :ld:
This is a topic i'm very passionate about because i hear a lot of ignorance on the part of black people when it comes to other blacks

We (caribbean and central/south american blacks) are just as black as you are. Our cultures are jsut different because we had different slave masters. YOUR culture is simply more "americanized" whereas ours has more influences from other nations either french, portuguese, british and others.

Thats why i laugh when blacks in america act like they're the only ones who have suffered at the hands of white :laugh:
  • THey act like they were the only ones that were enslaved. As if those of us in the caribbean didnt endure slavery and we just chilling under the palm trees in jamaica, haiti and trinidad.
  • THey look at other blacks speaking in native african tongues weird and make fun of it as if ENGLISH was the language of blacks.

That KING'S ENGLISH YOU LOVE SO MUCH WAS FORCED UPON YOU JUST AS SLAVERY WAS YOU DUMB fukkS. Disrespectful ass mofos out there :dry:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand what's so hard to comprehend here. I laid it out pretty clear. A handful of yall understand me, the rest are just :heh: Funny thing is, most of the dudes taking jabs are African & West Indian. Talk about catching feelings...
people are catching feeling because instead of just stating we have different cultures, you took it a step further by claiming only AAs should claim black.

again, the arguments you gave (being stripped of your culture, being dissed by blacks from other countries and so on) don't make sense because a lot of us also have been through all that.

again, you insist on pointing out that we're from different groups. fine, stay on your side if you don't want to be associated with us. but like i said, the term "black" doesn't just belong to you guys. if you want to seperate yourselves from us, then you just can't use "black".

ironically, thread and attitudes like these actually encourage non-american blacks to say "well fukk you too, you guys aren't really black either and we're not the same" (which isn't right either). then they spit that in your face and it's a vicious cycle.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a topic i'm very passionate about because i hear a lot of ignorance on the part of black people when it comes to other blacks

We (caribbean and central/south american blacks) are just as black as you are. Our cultures are jsut different because we had different slave masters. YOUR culture is simply more "americanized" whereas ours has more influences from other nations either french, portuguese, british and others.

Thats why i laugh when blacks in america act like they're the only ones who have suffered at the hands of white :laugh:
  • THey act like they were the only ones that were enslaved. As if those of us in the caribbean didnt endure slavery and we just chilling under the palm trees in jamaica, haiti and trinidad.
  • THey look at other blacks speaking in native african tongues weird and make fun of it as if ENGLISH was the language of blacks.

That KING'S ENGLISH YOU LOVE SO MUCH WAS FORCED UPON YOU JUST AS SLAVERY WAS YOU DUMB fukkS. Disrespectful ass mofos out there :dry:
that's the thing that's really fukked up about this thread.

the haitian constitution refers to haitians as "black people" before the slaves in america were freed. but somehow AAs invented and popularized the concept of referring to themselves as black people and somehow we're not black?????? :wtf:

Tres Chic

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm always perplexed at statements like the TS's, especially considering so many AA's are mixed with white blood due to the (unfortunate) raping of slaves. I be feeling like if anything the question should be the other way around. (Go to the middle of Lagos, Nigeria and try to pass off Mariah Carey as Black....yeah.)

Confusion in this thread is coming from the fact that TS wants to coin the term "Black" to mean solely AA or Black American. I mean, it's a cute attempt but it doesn't reflect reality. As long as you know that, I don't care wtf you personally consider us (Africans). *shrugs*

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Yes....just not culturally the same.

We're all brothers and sisters.

Separating ourselves is what the CAC's want.

as a Global minority they fear Blacks of all cultures and nationalities being united.

So they count on us to separate ourselves and voluntarily weaken our movement.

Don't buy into the propaganda. Afro-Latino's are 'Black' same with Africans, Caribbeans etc etc.

:lawd:

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:childplease:

I have seen the same from caribbean and central/south american blacks towards African Americans. So please shut the fukk up.

Most caribbean and central/south american blacks have negative views towards African Americans too.

nikkas like you love playing the victim roll and act lik ecaribbean and central/south american blacks don't do the same shyt towards African Americans.

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm always perplexed at statements like the TS's, especially considering so many AA's are mixed with white blood due to the (unfortunate) raping of slaves. I be feeling like if anything the question should be the other way around. (Go to the middle of Lagos, Nigeria and try to pass off Mariah Carey as Black....yeah.)

Confusion in this thread is coming from the fact that TS wants to coin the term "Black" to mean solely AA or Black American. I mean, it's a cute attempt but it doesn't reflect reality. As long as you know that, I don't care wtf you personally consider us (Africans). *shrugs*

:heh: Know your history breh. The European was also raping millions of women in Africa. That whole white blood shyt is also in Africa, not only America.

The Europeans was also controlling majority of the countries in African and raping their resources also.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One African guy from Kenya was telling me he could look at black people and be able to tell which country their ancestors are from just from the physical features they have. I asked him what country in Africa do i look like i might be from.

he said :childplease:: you a lil too contaminated. your ancestors were prolly from Ireland.

:sad:

:laugh: :umad:

BlazedWun

Smoke sum
Daps
545792_10151058023213574_680183573_13290745_1955811444_n.jpg

Jags_guy.jpg

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
:childplease:

I have seen the same from caribbean and central/south american blacks towards African Americans. So please shut the fukk up.

Most caribbean and central/south american blacks have negative views towards African Americans too.

nikkas like you love playing the victim roll and act lik ecaribbean and central/south american blacks don't do the same shyt towards African Americans.
Most of the 1st generation blacks to emigrate to the states would be educated. Believe me when I tell you they hold a somewhat elitist view in their own country also. It's just usually the "If I can make it why can't you" mentality.

Its not really about being against american blacks, its about being against any blacks they view as not pulling their weight...think a less trolling version of "The Nigerian"

They're probably harder on people in their own smaller community that makes them "look bad" .

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most of the 1st generation blacks to emigrate to the states would be educated. Believe me when I tell you they hold a somewhat elitist view in their own country also. It's just usually the "If I can make it why can't you" mentality.

Its not really about being against american blacks, its about being against any blacks they view as not pulling their weight...think a less trolling version of "The Nigerian"

They're probably harder on people in their own smaller community that makes them "look bad" .

Well I have seen broke Africans, caribbean and central/south american blacks even have negative views towards African American with money.

A lot them call African American not real blacks because they believe we don't care about our African roots or some shyt like that.

so this shyt goes both ways. It's funny when Africans, caribbean and central/south american blacks act like they victim and don't do the same shyt.