Do you consider Africans from Africa, South America & the Caribbean.....as "Blacks"?

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought we were the only ones to embrace the word "Black" as an identity. I know Haitians and others were referred to as being black, but I never heard of anyone outside of Black Americans as a group call themselves Black as anything other than a description. In my experiences, most Black ethnic groups outside of America are :huhldup: when it comes to being referred to as Black. Especially Black Latinos.

BTW, I wish there could be unity like that in the Black race but unfortunately, I know reality and I can't sit by and let non-Black Americans, including other Black ethnicities, to be :scusthov: towards the average AA while trying to come off as them when it benefits them w/o as least saying something about it. You non-AAs who are black know what I'm saying is true. I'm pretty sure none of you all would want your group being exploited like that. Don't tell me to be okay with you doing it to mine and be all "we all Black" :pachaha: about it.
well you're wrong on that. like i told the other dude, when haitians wrote the constitution, they actually put it in one of the amendments that haitians are black people. and that was WAY back in the days. i never heard a haitian person, west indie, black african, say they aren't black. it seems like you almost view the term black like an ethnic group. but it's a race.

as far as black latinos, i've witnessed what you're talking about. haitian people and dominicans traditionally don't get along too well (dominican republic is right next to haiti so there is some bad blood) and part of the beefs we have with them is that some of them don't view themselves as black people. these are generalities and i've actually met some cool dominican people. but yes this stuff does exist. but it's not all black latinos. there are people that are ashamed to be black in all countries (even within the african-american community, i've met haitian people who claimed they weren't black because they were lightskinned and had some italian blood in them. same goes on in all black communities. but in general, all africans, haitians, west indies are black and proud to be black.

as far as disrespect between AAs and other black ethnic groups, i'm man enough to admit that it happens. but first of all it goes both ways. and second it happens amongst us to. it happens between africans and carribean people (and that goes both ways too), i'm sure some jamaicans talk shyt about trinis, grenadians, and vice versa. hell it happens within one group too. haitian people whos family comes from the capital talk shyt about people from the south of haiti, Northern african americans and southern americans talk shyt about eachother talking about "we're not like them". tell me i'm lying.

YBE

Banned
Daps
:beli: There is no real difference in Appearance between Black Caribbean Folks and African Americans. Nothing distinctive because the same slave master blood flows thru West Indians. I could post pictures of African Americans that looks like Bounty Killa and Beeni man...and West Indians that look like Mekhi

Stop being a moron :upsetfavre:

Im wasting my time with you nikkas. You got a response for any & everything. If you can't look at a black dude, a dude from Jamaica & a dude from Nigeria and can't see differences between the three, you're fukking stupid. Like seriously. Dont quote me :stopitslime:

and you would only consider the last pic as a black man.

wait let me correct this. you'd say something like "of course they're all part of the black race but only the last one is really black the way we mean it in the States"

would that sound about right to you?

They're black. But they're not black.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're black. But they're not african-american.
fixed.

see that's the thing. you're seriously trying to high-jack the term "black" and make it exclusive to AAs. i don't know under what logic this makes sense. you still haven't explained that one. you first said it's because AAs suffered through slavery. then you said you guys "popularized it". i don't even know why you want exclusivity on it so bad. it's simply not gonna happen. just because some african americans feel that way simply doesn't make it so.

they're black but they're not black
that shyt doesn't even make any kind of sense.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and just out of curiosity, are you the same type of dudes that claim credit for the pyramids and for ancient black civilization accomplishments?

YBE

Banned
Daps
:stopitslime:

Idiot u searched for nikkas that prove your point, that doesn't mean that their aren't a million other nikkas that discredit your point

And?

Your point is moot. You nikkas said it was impossible. All I needed was one example :aicmon:

YBE

Banned
Daps
fixed.

see that's the thing. you're seriously trying to high-jack the term "black" and make it exclusive to AAs. i don't know under what logic this makes sense. you still haven't explained that one. you first said it's because AAs suffered through slavery. then you said you guys "popularized it". i don't even know why you want exclusivity on it so bad. it's simply not gonna happen. just because some african americans feel that way simply doesn't make it so.

that shyt doesn't even make any kind of sense.

I'm literally tired of this thread bruh......we're going in circles.

You win :ld:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk it, i'm done with this thread. i learned today that only african-americans are real black people and the rest of us are only black melanin wise.

i also learned that african-americans invented the concept of calling themselves black and we copied it from them.

i learned that on AA's ancestors suffered through slavery and being black depends on what your ancestors struggle was. i learned that AAs are victims of other black groups' insults, redicule and exclusion while some AAs have never done such things.

finally, i learned that Mandela, Bob Marley, Obama, Patrice Lumumba, rihanna, Biggie...are "black". but they're not really blacksince AAs somehow granted themselves the authority to decide what being black means.

thank you for educating me and leading the way with your knowledge and wisdom. i feel like we'll all go really far now that you guys are leading us and finally let us see the error in our ways.

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
Excuse my late appearance but I just wanted to say......

If everyone who responded to this topic some how got transported back in time say 1700's around a slave auction this will be the general reaction:

White attendees: :ld::leostare::eat:

All coli posters Africans, caribbeans, AA's would look at each other with :mjpls: before running in the bushes:birdman:

Moral of the story is if the slave traders saw this thread they wouldn't feel out of place cus they too saw how the tribes were divided.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I think I understand where thread starter was coming from. I arrived at this understanding by reading his post #67

He was basically saying that AAs are the same as other Blacks but also different in many regards as well...as they have had a slightly different history. Black-Americans need to have their own brand identity/label, etc. that's exclusive to them....but still falls under the global banner of "blackness".

What he was saying is that those of us....like myself (Ghanaian), other Blacks like Nigerians, Ethiopians, Jamaicans, Dominicans, Somalis, Senegalese, etc. have "nationalities" and lands to go back to where we are predominant.

The problem was his wording, he was using the word "Black" (for lack of a better term) to exclusively describe Black-Americans which created all the uproar and insults.

This is just my interpretation of his many posts...I could be wrong...I dunno