DLC is the worst thing to happen to console gaming

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
said it back in the SOHH days and i stand behind it now. back in the day these companies sold you a whole game. now you gotta buy them piece meal. they're shipping broken games on some we'll fix it later shyt and cutting parts of the game out to either release later or put in as pre-order bonuses.

I remember when Microsoft was pitching console DLC to us back on that MTV special when they announced the 360. remember thinking this is gonna be a nightmare and that it has become. soon after they were selling horse armor on Xbox Live.

some of these games haven't even hit the market and they're already talking day 1 DLC and season passes. games like Final Fantasy XIII-2 had part of the ending as paid DLC. Asura's Wrath also had a DLC true ending.
I've been saying the same thing for years. I wish I could dap what you said 1,000 times.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
People buy it. There's obviously a market for it.

More money in devs/publishers hands= More games for me.

DLC is a good thing :manny:
:rudy:

The problem with dlc is people. What you said sounds glorious, but the reality is more than a few of these companies see or use dlc solely as a way to generate more money. Games don't work like that. A team is passionate about a game they spent years of their lives creating. DLC is not apart of the creation process. And you can't say every game needs dlc but most will have it.

And a greedy company will give you an incomplete game and hope they can siphon more money out of you. For example, Activision was so greedy they tried to cheat the creators of their best property out of it (call of duty) so you surprised they wanna charge 40 for modern warfare and charge for the dlc of that game?

That type of shyt is the norm, maybe not as egregious but still on some sucker shyt. Any chess game is gonna have dlc for different chess pieces, 2k has an entire currency system in place. You can't even customize your player like you used to be able to unless you paying up.

Fighting games, killer instinct did a revolutionary move. Street fighter 5 tho :patrice: The majority of dlc is already on the disc aka scam. The only game I can say truly is using the dlc model appropriately is battlefield. You get so much from the base game. Then each dlc expansion is huge. That's what it's supposed to be like, EA :salute:

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Microtransactions are worse in my opinion. Season passes are a scam too.

DLC sucks as well. Like others have said, I just wait until a GOTY edition.

I think the only DLC I have ever paid for is for Mass Effect 1 & 2.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Loot boxes in single player games like Shadow of War with Orcs in them. Destiny 2 basically making you collect purchasable items to change the color of your armor and having those items be disposable. Season passes being advertised before the game even releases. Pre-order the game and the season pass. Game companies just continue to dial up the fukkery.

We have got to be in the most grim timeline..

You would think the season pass would have been enough... but that shyt right there is STUPID and GREEDY as fukk...

But yeah shyt is the worst thing to happen... Combine ballooning budgets with all out greed :francis:

If another crash ever happens..

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
DLC isn't a problem if the developer implements it correctly.

Rainbow Six Siege and Overwatch got it right. And that's why those games will be played for 5+ years after their respective releases, and the devs will continue to make money off of them because of all the skins and other items you can buy if you like.

All maps and characters are free, and the games are continuously supported.

:banderas:

L2014

Banned
Daps
I just want to buy a complete game..
Also fukk early access with micro transactions.
FINISH YOUR fukkIN GAME!
Are game testers still a thing or do devs just use public opinion as an excuse to keep bullshyttin release?
THEN I GOT TO PAY FOR SOME DLC OR GET LEFT ON SOME OLD MAP.

Free dlc is cool but GTA is kinda bloated. A lot of them where kinda useless as far as gameplay. New properties should have seen earlier releases.