DLC is the worst thing to happen to console gaming

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Just buy complete/goty editions, you don't have to buy all the shyt that comes out day one.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Internet echo chamber makes these problems seem more intense than they are. Extreme lag and falling through the floor and shyt were regular occurrences in games.

Games like GTA 3 were janky as fukk and would be considered “broken” today.

There was a couple games that could even brick your system or memory card. I remember one of them was even a demo disc.

Half life was fukking up peoples whole computers.

FF6 was all kinds of crazy at times

Mario bros 3 had a glitch that would prevent you from progressing without starting over.

There’s lots.

Cyberpunk is kinda mild when compared to how fukked some games used to ship
So you're equating mostly isolated and individual glitches which games in general tend to have to games so broken the player base is abandoning them, refund policies had to be redone to allow for longer refunds and stores pulled them?

Are you seriously attempting to deny that many companies won't knowingly ship a game that isn't done today because they have full knowledge they can just patch it later and trying to equate that to bugs that slipped through the cracks and got discovered after the games shipped?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you're equating mostly isolated and individual glitches which games in general tend to have to games so broken the player base is abandoning them, refund policies had to be redone to allow for longer refunds and stores pulled them?
Like I said the internet echo chamber exacerbates everything.

Majority of people that bought Cyberpunk played through it without the crippling issues.

Are you seriously attempting to deny that many companies won't knowingly ship a game that isn't done today because they have full knowledge they can just patch it later and trying to equate that to bugs that slipped through the cracks and got discovered after the games shipped?
Games have been up against time constraints since forever. Pac-Man was “unfinished” there was no ending just kept going on and on.

Has nothing to do with the existence of dlc.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Games have been up against time constraints since forever. Pac-Man was “unfinished” there was no ending just kept going on and on.

Has nothing to do with the existence of dlc.
You are literally arguing a point you introduced yourself and ignoring what I said. You'd make a great politician.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You are literally arguing a point you introduced yourself and ignoring what I said. You'd make a great politician.
No I’m not.

Your premise is that games are pushed out before they are done because they can be patched later. And they are worse off for it.

Im saying games have always been pushed out before they were done due to the cost of continual development.

In a way DLC has improved things because devs can still keep working on the game and improving it, while making the money needed to stay afloat.

In the past bad/broken games were just bad/broken. They had to drop them and move on cause they had to make another game.

Today games can be fixed and improved over time. Some of the best and most popular games today are games that devs have been able to work on and keep improving over time with community feedback.