DLC is the worst thing to happen to console gaming

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Before there was no online multiplayer. There were no updates. There was nothing that made the game worth playing for 80,100,1000 hours.

Gamers are spoiled as hell. We're getting so much more for our money now than we did in the past. And all we do is complain and insult the people working hard to bring us the games.
fiddy.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:camby: these same companies made games for PC that they did for consoles and they had online :camby:
DLC for PC games is called "expansion packs" they've been around for a long time. As have subscriptions for online games

There were no DLC for original XBOX and I played that shyt online :camby:
And the experience was tolerable at best. As the experience has improved, the price has gone up. If your like to pay less to go back to the og Xbox days (which was more expensive) then it's you that's the dummy:ufdup:

People played games for 80, 100 and 1000 hours because they were fun and complete games
Very rarely did a game have more than 10-15 hours of worthwhile gameplay. Now 20+ hours is expected. And games were "complete" because there was no chance of updating them anyway. If they released the game with a bug or bad A.I. That's what you got. Just because they add a needed update or some extra content doesn't mean the game was incomplete. They could just sell you whatever is ready by the deadline and be done with it. That's what they used to do.
:camby: the day you get banned from this part of the sub forum ill be the happiest mafukka on this forum :pacspit:

you contribute NOTHING

you know NOTHING

you have the worst and opposite opinions on EVERYTHING

and the cold part about it , you aint even trolling ... you are really just this ignorant :wow:

tumblr_inline_mloma86lKt1r3f2xs.gif

Naw you dudes are just retarded. You react on emotions like bytches. Instead of reading and anylizing what's really going on. 15 years ago games were $60 dollars and new systems were $300-$400. Name one industry that could say their prices have not gone up one bit in the last 15 years. Adjust for inflation and gaming is the cheapest it's been ever. And all we still got is a bunch of immature whinny ass bytches such as yourself, running around and complaining. If you don't think gaming is worth your money, then stop buying games. It's that simple.

Daps
Reppin
DLC for PC games is called "expansion packs" they've been around for a long time. As have subscriptions for online games

And the experience was tolerable at best. As the experience has improved, the price has gone up. If your like to pay less to go back to the og Xbox days (which was more expensive) then it's you that's the dummy:ufdup:

Very rarely did a game have more than 10-15 hours of worthwhile gameplay. Now 20+ hours is expected. And games were "complete" because there was no chance of updating them anyway. If they released the game with a bug or bad A.I. That's what you got. Just because they add a needed update or some extra content doesn't mean the game was incomplete. They could just sell you whatever is ready by the deadline and be done with it. That's what they used to do.

Naw you dudes are just retarded. You react on emotions like bytches. Instead of reading and anylizing what's really going on. 15 years ago games were $60 dollars and new systems were $300-$400. Name one industry that could say their prices have not gone up one bit in the last 15 years. Adjust for inflation and gaming is the cheapest it's been ever. And all we still got is a bunch of immature whinny ass bytches such as yourself, running around and complaining. If you don't think gaming is worth your money, then stop buying games. It's that simple.

was your essay based on a recent POLE you read?

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Just stop being in such a rush to buy shyt the day it comes out...As I've gotten older I just don't understand the need to buy a console or game the DAY it comes out. I can just wait for the GOTY edition to drop or cop a discounted copy later on.

i think age and also the way our society is evolving. It is easier for anyone to get instant gratification and video games companies have been using that to manipulate people and increase there sales.
I can't lie when it comes to my favorite game (Assassins creed) i buy all the DLC when it comes out. For all the others though they can fukk off.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
This shyt again. FFXIII-2 and Asura's Wrath were trash games anyway. All that content on-disc wouldn't have helped them anyway. This has been the best gaming generation for me. And as DLC-laden as fighters have been, this has been the best time for fighters for me. So your experience has not been mine.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yea I have to call BS on this. DLC packs were called expansion packs in the 90s and they cost way more than they do now. I agree when a lot of DLC is arbitrary, but for games like Borderlands and Skyrim they contribute to the core game. Part of the problem is that you guys are so reactionary that you buy the games brand new then you jump when the DLC comes out right away. I can assure if you wait a few months after the release of a AAA you will ultimately save more money. Also games are way cheaper now than they were back in the 1990's. I paid 60-80 bucks for AAA super nintendo games. You just have to pace yourselves. Also keep in mind today's games are way more complicated and cost millions of dollars to develop so they have to recoup their expenses one way or another. It's either this or they raise the price of games 30 bucks. This is where gaming is going like it or not.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Lol @ blaming it on Microsoft
you're gonna act like Xbox Live didn't introduce DLC to console gaming? we had real DLC back in the PS2 generation when Sony ran shyt right?

Microsoft laid the bricks for this on consoles. Sony followed their blueprint and Nintendo kinda followed it but kinda shunned it.

Yea I have to call BS on this. DLC packs were called expansion packs in the 90s and they cost way more than they do now. I agree when a lot of DLC is arbitrary, but for games like Borderlands and Skyrim they contribute to the core game. Part of the problem is that you guys are so reactionary that you buy the games brand new then you jump when the DLC comes out right away. I can assure if you wait a few months after the release of a AAA you will ultimately save more money. Also games are way cheaper now than they were back in the 1990's. I paid 60-80 bucks for AAA super nintendo games. You just have to pace yourselves. Also keep in mind today's games are way more complicated and cost millions of dollars to develop so they have to recoup their expenses one way or another. It's either this or they raise the price of games 30 bucks. This is where gaming is going like it or not.
what console games had expansion packs?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
you're gonna act like Xbox Live didn't introduce DLC to console gaming? we had real DLC back in the PS2 generation when Sony ran shyt right?

Microsoft laid the bricks for this on consoles. Sony followed their blueprint and Nintendo kinda followed it but kinda shunned it.

what console games had expansion packs?

Sonic and Knuckles if you want to be technical, but I'm was just saying, consoles for the most part were fixed experiences and if you wanted more content they had to re-release the game ala Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat and you were paying full pop for these experiences, not the 5-15 dollars you pay now. It's just up to us as the consumer to decide which is worth it and which isn't.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sonic and Knuckles if you want to be technical, but I'm was just saying, consoles for the most part were fixed experiences and if you wanted more content they had to re-release the game ala Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat and you were paying full pop for these experiences, not the 5-15 dollars you pay now. It's just up to us as the consumer to decide which is worth it and which isn't.
Sonic and Knuckles stands alone as its own game. if you own any of the previous Sonic games then you get a bonus that you could plug them into it for extra content.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Sonic and Knuckles stands alone as its own game. if you own any of the previous Sonic games then you get a bonus that you could plug them into it for extra content.

You're missing my larger point, extra content is cheaper now than it has ever been. DLC or whatever you want to call it is neccessary to extend the life of your games. But we have to power to say this is worth and this is not. Street Fighter vs Tekken and MVC 3 went overboard (Capcom in general), but by no means is this the worst thing ever.