DLC is the worst thing to happen to console gaming

Foxy

Wow
Daps
That Street Fighter X Tekken character DLC :camby:

I have a soft modded Wiii so when I got Mega Man 9 and 10 for free I was able to get all the DLC for those games for free :ahh:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
These publishers and developers think they're slick, they claim the reason they need to charge for dlc/multi or whatever bullshyt excuse is because games cost more etc etc is BS!

They (developers) purposefully inflate their studios to get more money from publishers to justify most of the broken shyt they put out. The developer leads are the ones making these decisions and they pocket off the top just like a pyramid, most of the staff moves on to other projects or they get laid off and still get peanuts compared to the leads and publishers take...

The tech they're using with ps3/360 & ps4/xboxone is NOT more costly to use and learn (with the exception of 2006 ps3's deveop kits which required developers with more knowledge and a higher education and pay grade).

To this day you can make pc games on current and last gen tech that outshines 90% of the console shyt that comes out at fraction of the cost! The video game industry got too big too fast with consoles because of casual gamers, now the industry is like the real estate business, they're overcharging and trying to target casuals who support shyt blindly, unlike hardcore gamers who are concerned with quality.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
post release content is a legit concept. but all the fukkery around how it's commonly used now sucks

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
Capcom really angered a lot of people with their DLC fiasco in Street Fighter X Tekken. You paid 60 dollars for the game and then around 16 characters are locked and already on the disk that you have to pay 20 dollars to unlock 4-5 months later

The Marvel vs Capcom 3 bullshyt was it for me. Marvel vs Capcom 2 came out in 2000. 56 playable characters in all, you could unlock characters by beating the game, unlock costumes by beating the game. All for $50-$60. Fast forward to Marvel vs Capcom 3. Game launches for $60 with 36 characters, 2 DLC (that were in MVC 2)characters in Jill Valentine and Shuma Gorath for $5 individually. :snoop: Then of course they drop a $20 "value" costume pack:snoop: then if that isn't enough they come with the Ultimate Edition which has 12 more characters/stages for $39. By the time they're done you are paying around $130 for what is essentially 58 characters and gameplay tweaks. Things that should have been in the very first version of the game. $130 for what you got in 2000 for around $60:snoop:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Capcom really angered a lot of people with their DLC fiasco in Street Fighter X Tekken. You paid 60 dollars for the game and then around 16 characters are locked and already on the disk that you have to pay 20 dollars to unlock 4-5 months later
Street Fighter X Tekken was a dream come true and SHOULD have been glorious... but that DLC bullshyt ruined that dream.

DLC was ok when it was stuff you really didn't need but was cool to have like: extra costumes, extra music, color swaps, etc.
DLC became bullshyt when it started selling stuff that should have been on the game already like: playable characters, stages, missions, weapons, etc...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I disagree. We get much more use out of our $60 for a game than in the past. And for a small price we can extend the games if we choose to. Before that extension would have been packaged as a sequel and sold for full price.

There are some DLC packages that can feal insulting to customers, and I think devs should be careful of that, but ultimately they are optional so I don't see people's big issue here. You don't like, you don't buy:manny:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These publishers and developers think they're slick, they claim the reason they need to charge for dlc/multi or whatever bullshyt excuse is because games cost more etc etc is BS!

They (developers) purposefully inflate their studios to get more money from publishers to justify most of the broken shyt they put out. The developer leads are the ones making these decisions and they pocket off the top just like a pyramid, most of the staff moves on to other projects or they get laid off and still get peanuts compared to the leads and publishers take...

The tech they're using with ps3/360 & ps4/xboxone is NOT more costly to use and learn (with the exception of 2006 ps3's deveop kits which required developers with more knowledge and a higher education and pay grade).

To this day you can make pc games on current and last gen tech that outshines 90% of the console shyt that comes out at fraction of the cost! The video game industry got too big too fast with consoles because of casual gamers, now the industry is like the real estate business, they're overcharging and trying to target casuals who support shyt blindly, unlike hardcore gamers who are concerned with quality.

If this steam shyt works out I might end up having to throw console gaming into the bushes.

That controller though :huhldup:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I disagree. We get much more use out of our $60 for a game than in the past. And for a small price we can extend the games if we choose to. Before that extension would have been packaged as a sequel and sold for full price.

There are some DLC packages that can feal insulting to customers, and I think devs should be careful of that, but ultimately they are optional so I don't see people's big issue here. You don't like, you don't buy:manny:

:dead: worst poster in arcadium by far

how do we get more use out of $60 now than before ?? Before games used to ship with dozens of maps for FPS now they come with like 6-8 maps and you get so tired of those maps they sell you a $5-10 DLC for 4 new maps (that they used to give out for free called map packs, were a thank you to customers) and people fiend for them so much because thye been so bored of the other maps

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:dead: worst poster in arcadium by far

how do we get more use out of $60 now than before ?? Before games used to ship with dozens of maps for FPS now they come with like 6-8 maps and you get so tired of those maps they sell you a $5-10 DLC for 4 new maps (that they used to give out for free called map packs, were a thank you to customers) and people fiend for them so much because thye been so bored of the other maps

Before there was no online multiplayer. There were no updates. There was nothing that made the game worth playing for 80,100,1000 hours.

Gamers are spoiled as hell. We're getting so much more for our money now than we did in the past. And all we do is complain and insult the people working hard to bring us the games.

Daps
Reppin
Before there was no online multiplayer. There were no updates. There was nothing that made the game worth playing for 80,100,1000 hours.

Gamers are spoiled as hell. We're getting so much more for our money now than we did in the past. And all we do is complain and insult the people working hard to bring us the games.

did you get that from a POLE you read somewhere? :mjpls:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

:camby: these same companies made games for PC that they did for consoles and they had online :camby:

There were no DLC for original XBOX and I played that shyt online :camby:

People played games for 80, 100 and 1000 hours because they were fun and complete games

:camby: the day you get banned from this part of the sub forum ill be the happiest mafukka on this forum :pacspit:

you contribute NOTHING

you know NOTHING

you have the worst and opposite opinions on EVERYTHING

and the cold part about it , you aint even trolling ... you are really just this ignorant :wow:

tumblr_inline_mloma86lKt1r3f2xs.gif