DLC is the worst thing to happen to console gaming

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
fukk dlc. micro transactions and anyone that fukk with them... release a fuking finished game

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The existence of DLC does not hurt my enjoyment of what I play.

If a game is bad or incomplete I judge it by its own merits. Not what's included in DLC.

Games are expensive and margins are low. Most games give you plenty bang for your $60 buck.

When people buy DLC it only helps the devs give more games.

Y'all bytching about nothing.

You don't like, you don't buy

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Honestly destiny is the only game I can recall that that had me feeling ripped off with dlc.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The existence of DLC does not hurt my enjoyment of what I play.

If a game is bad or incomplete I judge it by its own merits. Not what's included in DLC.

Games are expensive and margins are low. Most games give you plenty bang for your $60 buck.

When people buy DLC it only helps the devs give more games.

Y'all bytching about nothing.

You don't like, you don't buy
history says different :ld:

most popular games on earth didnt take much to create at all and the margins are high :ld:

you seem to not know what you are speaking of :ld:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk dlc. micro transactions and anyone that fukk with them... release a fuking finished game

I noticed the rise in micro transactions so instead of complaining about it, I purchased a large amount of shares of EA AND Activision Blizzard... You can make money off this... I get all my games and DLC for free... I pay myself lol...

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The day one patch is the real problem with modern games. But about the DLC and micro transactions, games cost more to make and instead of increasing the retail price they make up their profit with those.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dlc is a scam, plan and simple. It's only benefit is for the company not the consumer.

The ONLY dlc that I was 100 percent ok with was they witcher 3. And they gave it away completely free.

It's just an excuse for a company to not add in content and sell it back, make items unlockable via microtransactions or release unfinish product and sell the rest as dlc.

A Lot of games would have Massive extra content if dlc wasn't an option

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sounds like an internal issue within the company and either too many employees, high salaries or over paying for comtract work. has nothing to do with consumers except consumers have to pay for these idiots mistakes.

theres just too many examples of indy games having success, with low over head and their creators turning rich because of $20-30 price point with quality content and no DLC and letting the consumer decide if its worth a purchase.

these "AAA" games/studios are trying to sell the title of the game more than the content of the game. its why Call of Duty was so easily knocked off the throne by Overwatch. It was because they built their entire franchise on "Buy this new Call of Duty cause its Call of Duty :jawalrus: "
Indie developers run into the same problems with pricing too
Steam Dev Fights Price Complaints With Excellent Breakdown Of Why Game Costs $20

And about the pricing of retail games
Why retail console games have never been cheaper, historically

Last edited:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
imagine dlc in books or other media... shyt is a scam plain and simple..