• No

Votes: 115 74.7%

• Total voters

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I believe females make up about 15-18% of the armed forces, at least in the states

the resistance military though seems to be mostly female not to mention it looks like they hold the majority of the command positions.

whole thing just rang hollow
*”the force is female” shirts*
“These movies aren’t for men”
*a public willingness to pass on a qualified male director to give a woman the job who might not be up to par*

It’s like a certain producer was pushing an agenda at the expense of a coherent story :ohhh:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
See I just don't agree with people hating it cuz they didn't like their choices. They are not our characters. If you got a problem with like editing or pacing or even the acting n shyt then alright that's fine but same shyt with prequels. Midichlorians and jar jar n other shyt. I wasnt a fan but it happened. Now I just accept them. shyt I chalk midichlorians up to jedi being vain.

I still think prequels aren't that good but I love them still. But AOTC or TPM you could say they're not that good. I don't think you can say that about TLJ

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I thought they kind of wasted Luke and DEFINITELY wasted Snoke, but I didn't hate it.

I'm not even mad they killed off Snoke, I'm just mad he didn't even get a backstory.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The more time that passes, the more I fukk with this movie. If this series is going to continue as long as they say it will, it can't be tied down to pleasing nostalgia. Too many franchises become stagnant trying to please fans who say they want something new but really want the same old shyt. Look at the Alien franchise. Prometheus got shyt on for not having aliens in it. So they put out Covenant which has mad aliens in it: nikkas bytched that the architects got killed off:pachaha:Last Jedi had problems, no doubt, but I salute Johnson for not giving a fukk and truly setting up a future for the series that can explore this galaxy far far away instead of just revolving around the legacy of the original movie.

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
The more time that passes, the more I fukk with this movie. If this series is going to continue as long as they say it will, it can't be tied down to pleasing nostalgia. Too many franchises become stagnant trying to please fans who say they want something new but really want the same old shyt. Look at the Alien franchise. Prometheus got shyt on for not having aliens in it. So they put out Covenant which has mad aliens in it: nikkas bytched that the architects got killed off:pachaha:Last Jedi had problems, no doubt, but I salute Johnson for not giving a fukk and truly setting up a future for the series that can explore this galaxy far far away instead of just revolving around the legacy of the original movie.

the whole movie was a rehash of empire and jedi :dahell:

the movie ends with the big bad imperial forces chasing down a small group of rebels led by an aspiring jedi... this sounds like moving past the original movie to you?:dahell:

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
See I just don't agree with people hating it cuz they didn't like their choices. They are not our characters. If you got a problem with like editing or pacing or even the acting n shyt then alright that's fine but same shyt with prequels. Midichlorians and jar jar n other shyt. I wasnt a fan but it happened. Now I just accept them. shyt I chalk midichlorians up to jedi being vain.

I still think prequels aren't that good but I love them still. But AOTC or TPM you could say they're not that good. I don't think you can say that about TLJ

If you can just accept whatever crap a director throws at you because it's "his character", then how could you ever NOT like a movie? :gucci:
You just wanna roll with whatever clumsy changes they make to well established heroes?
If they make a Terminator movie where Sarah Conner becomes a thot and turns John over to a T-1000 for crack you'd just be :manny:?

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Skywalker saga will always be GOAT status but I'm ready for something new also. It's a good way for younger kids, old heads and people who got to see prequels in theaters to move on. I have faith in episode 9

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
If you can just accept whatever crap a director throws at you because it's "his character", then how could you ever NOT like a movie? :gucci:
You just wanna roll with whatever clumsy changes they make to well established heroes?
If they make a Terminator movie where Sarah Conner becomes a thot and turns John over to a T-1000 for crack you'd just be :manny:?
Doesn't mean I gotta think the movie is good I just thought Last Jedi was good lol.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
the whole movie was a rehash of empire and jedi :dahell:

the movie ends with the big bad imperial forces chasing down a small group of rebels led by an aspiring jedi... this sounds like moving past the original movie to you?:dahell:
Do I think killing off "the chosen one", hammering away the theme of killing off the past, and establishing the existence of force sensitive people with no connection to the original cast, moving past the original movie? Yeah:gucci:

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
Do I think killing off "the chosen one", hammering away the theme of killing off the past, and establishing the existence of force sensitive people with no connection to the original cast, moving past the original movie? Yeah:gucci:

the movie pays this lip service but follows through on it in no meaningful way.

the movie ends with the battle of hoth :gucci:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
:hubie: I just cant fukk with the resistance basically be chased through space for most of the movie. Also why didn't they let Poe know what the plan was from the get go?

:hubie: I cant fukk with Cantobite at all.

No cool star wars locations (Again, Fukk Cantobite)

No Knights of Ren

No Snoke backstory(I dont give a fukk if they gnna reveal it later...fukk that)

They made General Hux into a clown.

Phasma was irrelevant

:upsetfavre: Do i even have to get into Finn? No progression at all.

How about the annoying fat ugly Asian chick they get to serve as some kinda "love interest' for Finn....I know this is my shallow self talking but they couldn't do better :rudy:?

Leia Poppins:why:

shyt was all wrong

The only things i like was the score, the new force philosophy they seem to be developing, some of the visuals and Luke's Jedi Force transmission.

Last edited:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
the movie pays this lip service but follows through on it in no meaningful way.

the movie ends with the battle of hoth :gucci:
Cool. So you disagree with all of the people saying they don't see where this story goes after this movie, right? Since the movie is just another rehash, the future of the series is obvious to you, correct? How does killing off the main character of the series not qualify as meaningful? Ren is beyond his Vader fixation. Leia is dead in real life and most likely will be written out in the next movie. Tell me, what is left of the original trilogy? The Skywalker saga has effectively ended.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
shyt was a disgrace and slap in the face to eveything we've come to know about Star Wars. fukk this movie forever. Ruined the franchise for me.