• Yes

Votes: 39 25.3%
  • No

Votes: 115 74.7%

• Total voters

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I highly doubt anybody would be complaining if they explained where this nikka came from and how he got power that seems to be on par with the greatest Sith ever known

Heroes defeat great villains and save the universe...then you turn the page and they are running and hiding from completely different villains that have taken over the universe they saved, and we aren't privy to an explanation as to how this happened? :heh:
Im saying. How the hell you do all that n episodes 4-6 and then turn around and be relegated to Rebel status AGAIN in 7 with no back story.

How the hell the New Republic gets wiped out right out the gate :dead:

Last edited:

Sir Charles Barkley

The Chuckster
Daps
Reppin
TNT & Turner Family
A huge part of the backlash against this movie has been about how far its deviated from not only the lore of Star Wars, but also tropes the fandom have gotten used to from this series. So you're right, big bad empire vs small group of rebels will most likely be the crux of the next movie, but TLJ changed a lot of things for this series going forward.

like....?

Made Man

All Star
Daps
That's legit the only reason Poe exists in the movie. I heard that originally Poe was supposed to die in TFA and Finn was supposed to basically take over Poe's role and it made sense after seeing TLJ. Now both characters are basically worthless to the story. Plus since Leia is still alive they probably won't be worth anything to 9 either. It's like all male characters in this trilogy are incompetent and worthless. You try not to point to feminism and girl power as the reason why TLJ sucked but it's hard not to :mjlol:

It's just a damn mess of a movie, OP knows that but he's playing ignorant to keep a discussion going.
Poe was handed command this past movie towards the end. Finn is straight Rudy status.

Ol little engine that could ass nikka.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
That entire sequence of Rey in that cave was so useless and way too long

The way rian Johnson just tossed that entire who are rey's parents in hilarious

The movie was just a mess. It felt random and there was no build up

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I highly doubt anybody would be complaining if they explained where this nikka came from and how he got power that seems to be on par with the greatest Sith ever known

Heroes defeat great villains and save the universe...then you turn the page and they are running and hiding from completely different villains that have taken over the universe they saved, and we aren't privy to an explanation as to how this happened? :heh:
Or why in a universe where it's been established that even naturally powerful in the force people need training to use the force and a lightsaber you have a girl that has these skills out the blue? But at least Rey hasn't been killed, so there is still time to explain why she is god tier I guess
They did explain in the movie why it happened. As one side grows in power the other side rises to meet it.

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
No real star wars fam could like the last jedi

Its a complete wash. Made all the wrong decisions and gsv people NOTHING they bave wanted to see for damn near 40 years.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Why is a backstory required? Because you wanted one? How would his back story advanced the plot?

That's how you tell a story, it insults the audience's intelligence for shyt to magically pop off after 30 years of established story to be basically flipped on it's head for no real reason.

Poe was handed command this past movie towards the end. Finn is straight Rudy status.

Ol little engine that could ass nikka.

I think too much screentime is going to be given to Leia (and possibly even a CGI Leia :scust:) for Poe to actually make an impact.

Finn is now gonna be forced to share screen time with that asian girl unless they write her out so he's straight bushes status :camby:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
The thing is... they more than likely have all the backstories and and future plots already figured out. They are just gnna milk it so you have to go to all of these different sources to get it. shyt is disgusting, good business, but disgusting. Star Wars was built off of the movies and they are sacrificing good writing for the chance to put shyt in a book or comic later on.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
like....?
The Jedi Order no longer exists. The First Order, which was essentially just an extension of the empire is now led by someone who could give a shyt less about the empire. The very structure of what made Star Wars what it was has shifted. If good guys vs bad guys is your criteria for a movie following the same lane as its predecessors we've got to throw a ton of franchises in the trash

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
The Jedi Order no longer exists. The First Order, which was essentially just an extension of the empire is now led by someone who could give a shyt less about the empire. The very structure of what made Star Wars what it was has shifted. If good guys vs bad guys is your criteria for a movie following the same lane as its predecessors we've got to throw a ton of franchises in the trash
See breh nobody can say it's a bad movie, just a whole lot of I wish this happened or I wish they didn't do this. It'll be remembered better after IX changes the game again

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's how you tell a story, it insults the audience's intelligence for shyt to magically pop off after 30 years of established story to be basically flipped on it's head for no real reason.

I think too much screentime is going to be given to Leia (and possibly even a CGI Leia :scust:) for Poe to actually make an impact.

Finn is now gonna be forced to share screen time with that asian girl unless they write her out so he's straight bushes status :camby:

The reason is conflict and it shows that after the rebels won things did not end happily ever after. Leila could not get a strong republic.

Daps
Did those who didn't like it, dislike it because it's a bad movie or because you didn't agree with the choices they made for the characters?
Because it's far from a bad movie. Attack of the Clones is a bad movie.
I should have asked that question too

Bad characters bad movie

I’m tired of the bad seed corrupted with good buried within shyt. Give us something new & fresh.

What happened to Jedi’s being able to do cool shyt? Now it’s just seems like people swinging a glow stick like a 90s rave. The only cool part was when Luke brushed his shoulders.

Then there’s the characters...holy shyt this movie sucked