Did Wakanda get exposed in Infinity War, or was it simply under utilized.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nah, but tell me how the Wakanda we saw in IW would EVER have been a threat to...lets say Ironman for DOLO.

The point isn't that they should have defeated Thanos army, it's that we saw a shield and spears that sometimes shoot...and that's it.

A lot of y'all tryna disagree are lowkey making the OP's point by saying the Russos didn't want to mess with Coogler's world or Marvel didn't know how big BP would be.

It's not about Rhinos, It's the whole package - end of the universe and we're fighting with spears?

North Korea has more powerful tech than what Wakanda threw at Thanos army.
My main problem was that BP should have killed Black Dwarf. Such a missed opportunity.

I will say that IW does make Killmonger/Wakanda look bad in this instance. Remember how people were saying Killmonger had a silly plan? It didn't seem silly to me and other brehs because he was basically following his father's plan. Load up spies around the world for an uprising. Wakandan tech all over the globe would be unstoppable. Look at what a little bit did in Ultron.

However, after IW...yea it does look silly. Strange and crew would have made lite work of it based on what we were shown.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They had zero time to prepare to repel an unknown and superior Alien invasion force...

Invaders that have wiped out the populations of dozens of other worlds...

Invaders backed by Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet...

And they held...

What are ya'll even talking about? :dahell:

So Cap downplayed how formidable the black order was then :mjpls:

Based on what Banner told Stark, Wakanda should've been prepared.

The only thing I can think of is prior to his death, T'chaka ran a weak military force.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
So Cap downplayed how formidable the black order was then :mjpls:

Based on what Banner told Stark, Wakanda should've been prepared.

The only thing I can think of is prior to his death, T'chaka ran a weak military force.

Wakanda was as prepared for an alien invasion as one can be with a few hours of notice.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You're not reading what I"m saying. I'm saying BP displayed a power in his solo movie that he did not use in IW. I'm asking why?

I'm not sure what you were watching but BP used the kinetic energy from his suit a couple of times. Maybe the action was to fast for you.

Did any of you see W'Kabi? No? Well that is why you didn't see the rhinos.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I didn't say anything about W'Kabi or the rhinos. I think you have me confused with someone else.

The first sentence of the post was in reference to yours. I separated the next line because it was in reference to another topic in this thread. No wonder you couldn't keep up with the movie.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The first sentence of the post was in reference to yours. I separated the next line because it was in reference to another topic in this thread. No wonder you couldn't keep up with the movie.

lol OK. We disagree about the execution of the final fight. No need to get personal my dude. It's really not that serious.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
IW was pretty much as close to a 10/10 comic book movie as you're going to get brehs. No crew of heros/nations/planets would avoid the L going up against #thanos set like that. What's wakanda to a dude who kills off half the population of planets and then tells the other half to be thankful and hits them with the :shaq: face.

Me personally I've been :blessed: to marvel for blessing me with so much piff.