Did Wakanda get exposed in Infinity War, or was it simply under utilized.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Infinity War is extremely overrated my bruhs.

They threw T'Challa and crew in the bushes to push the mediocre (at this point)GOTG.

They didn't even have Black Dwarf vs Black Panther at the Wakanda battle...:dahell:

They half-assed Wakanda and everything else besides Thanos, Thor and half the GOTG.

but yeah people just overly excited talking like this shyt was Dark Knight/Black Panther level so I'm a fallback.

Exactly:snoop:. I damned near walked out the movies wanting my 3 hours back. Even folks in the audience were like

Jerry-and-George-Shrug.gif

Rushed ass movie was rushed:camby:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
If you don't think this film minimized Wakanda just to prop up the Avengers then you are delusional, they could've made them look strong in their own film without making Wakanda look competent.
Nah, but tell me how the Wakanda we saw in IW would EVER have been a threat to...lets say Ironman for DOLO.

The point isn't that they should have defeated Thanos army, it's that we saw a shield and spears that sometimes shoot...and that's it.

A lot of y'all tryna disagree are lowkey making the OP's point by saying the Russos didn't want to mess with Coogler's world or Marvel didn't know how big BP would be.

It's not about Rhinos, It's the whole package - end of the universe and we're fighting with spears?

North Korea has more powerful tech than what Wakanda threw at Thanos army.
The spears shoot lasers:yeshrug:

And there were ships in the air. I know I saw them.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
NOW that I think about it....

They shouldn't have taken Vision to Wakanda in the first place :dahell:

If Rhodes would've explained what was going on to the General, they would've let them take Vision to an underground bunker or some shyt.

Wakanda had the technology, but remember, they didn't have to deal with wars or outside threats so they didn't have a military force. It all makes sense now.

Wakanda's technology was primarily used to make money and grow their nation. It wasn't meant for wars.

And maybe T'Challa wanted to stop Killmonger because he knew they would eventually lose not only the revolution, but some of Wakanda's weapons and technology.

It all makes sense now :ohhh:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I just chalk it up to Wakanda not really knowing what they needed for an Alien invasion especially being cut off from the world for centuries. They did more than enough to keep earthbound foes out. I'm assuming T'Challa and Shuri are going to go ham with the Vibranium after A4 so nothing like that ever happens again.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
NOW that I think about it....

They shouldn't have taken Vision to Wakanda in the first place :dahell:

If Rhodes would've explained what was going on to the General, they would've let them take Vision to an underground bunker or some shyt.

Wakanda had the technology, but remember, they didn't have to deal with wars or outside threats so they didn't have a military force. It all makes sense now.

Wakanda's technology was primarily used to make money and grow their nation. It wasn't meant for wars.

And maybe T'Challa wanted to stop Killmonger because he knew they would eventually lose not only the revolution, but some of Wakanda's weapons and technology.

It all makes sense now :ohhh:
That general was tripping, they didn't sign the accord they was going back to the raft, much like in real life, if they can't control you, they don't want you

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I just chalk it up to Wakanda not really knowing what they needed for an Alien invasion especially being cut off from the world for centuries. They did more than enough to keep earthbound foes out. I'm assuming T'Challa and Shuri are going to go ham with the Vibranium after A4 so nothing like that ever happens again.
The idea that Wakandas defense can adapt like Tony’s suit is a pretty goofy premise. The BP and his nation had 1 and a 1/2 movies to explain itself. Surely folks don’t think Wakanda who has never faced a moon throwing maniac before would be able to remedy their problems right away.

In the next movie I’m sure the technology will evolve just like they have evolved during the iron man trilogy.

This is the thread where BP Professors can highlight all the technology from the comic books, and maybe propose modern incarnations of them.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
:gucci:SO Black Panther was meant to stay dead????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So they though we would just be happy with ONE movie and an Infinity War cameo :mjpls:

So for the next year or so Marvel is going to be scrambling to find a way to bring him back :martin:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
That general was tripping, they didn't sign the accord they was going back to the raft, much like in real life, if they can't control you, they don't want you

That would've been an interesting plot twist.

They all would've been on the raft and the Black Order would've had to have come to the middle of the ocean to get the mind stone :dead:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And another thing while my mind is fresh :mjpls:

HOW did the Black Order know they would need to bring a disposable army of goons to Wakanda in the first place?

And if they knew Wakanda was formidable, that means they had some intel on them, but for some reason didn't know they had a hidden dome?

Those aliens (the Outriders) are used for that specific purpose in the comics. They're literally disposable goons.

Any world Thanos and/or The Black Order deems inferior they just send the Outriders to over run.

Fred.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Those aliens (the Outriders) are used for that specific purpose in the comics. They're literally disposable goons.

Any world Thanos and/or The Black Order deems inferior they just send the Outriders to over run.

Fred.

SO they brought the outriders specifically to fight 4 people :dahell:

The black order only fought Widow, Cap, Wanda and Falcon. I suppose they though, they would have to face more of them.