Did Wakanda get exposed in Infinity War, or was it simply under utilized.

ePiffany

All Star
Daps
Can I answer this from a factual stance? :francis:

The Russo’s and co stated in one of their interviews, they didn’t want to introduce something in their movies that Ryan hasn’t had a chance to debut yet.:comeon:

They don’t wanna “step” on his shoes and take from his world, so it’s a matter of respect.

Now from a movie perspective, nephew, as technologically advanced as Wakanda is......... at the end of the day to make complainers happy “THIS MOVIE WAS GROUNDED IN REALITY” to a degree.:beli:

They ain’t ready like that for kamikaze outer space alien attacks.:dahell:

I’m sorry, I just don’t believe their training and tech was 100% prepared to face an enemy they had no intel on like that:hubie:

Martha

I agree and think this is whats going unmentioned. Wakanda is the most technologically advanced civilization on EARTH not in all the galaxy

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So yall saying Thanos and his kids are a world power:mjlol: A alien that raises entire planets is on the level of china and shyt.:russ:

He did do that though:russ:

Y'all just on some complain to complain stuff.

Y'all had no issues when T'Challa was struggling against klaue and his goons in BP though:ufdup:
Exactly. shyt I was more mad when Kilmonger made T'Challa light work without his powers. And that's a regular ass nikka right there.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Guys, we're just rapping on a message board about our thoughts. It's not serious until you make it serious. These were my thoughts as I was watching the movie. I love this movie and I've seen it multiple times, but this is just my impression. It's not that serious to calling people haters and complainers.
I'm not calling u a hater or complainer. I'm just pointing out where ur wrong at bro.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They didn't scale Wakanda's response like Iron Man's tech does. Wakanda has more resources but Marvel brought out the same weapons from Black Panther 1. Seems like they could have revealed more weapons or MOAB or something, but didn't because of the time travel plot in Infinity Gaunlet.

But did they? In Black Panther 1 we saw Planes, Projectile weapons, and Rhinos with armor(maybe tech couldn't remember). Where was all this in Infinity War?:jbhmm:

Op is right they did downgrade Wakanda for the film. It was one of the things I didnt like about the movie. You can't have Wakanda a threat to take over the world (if Killmonger had his way for the "sun to never set on the Wakandan Empire") but that be your defense of your homeland, even on short notice.

I was watching the movie thinking if this is what they got defending their homeland, then if Killmomger would have beat Tchalla they would have got washed by any 2nd world country:yeshrug:.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Can I answer this from a factual stance? :francis:

The Russo’s and co stated in one of their interviews, they didn’t want to introduce something in their movies that Ryan hasn’t had a chance to debut yet.:comeon:

They don’t wanna “step” on his shoes and take from his world, so it’s a matter of respect.

Now from a movie perspective, nephew, as technologically advanced as Wakanda is......... at the end of the day to make complainers happy “THIS MOVIE WAS GROUNDED IN REALITY” to a degree.:beli:

They ain’t ready like that for kamikaze outer space alien attacks.:dahell:

I’m sorry, I just don’t believe their training and tech was 100% prepared to face an enemy they had no intel on like that
:hubie:

Martha

Word to Martha's Baby Boy.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. shyt I was more mad when Kilmonger made T'Challa light work without his powers. And that's a regular ass nikka right there.

I found that kinda ridiculous in Blank Panther too. No way killmonger is better with those weapons then Tchalla who jad trained his whole life for that fight.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
So yall saying Thanos and his kids are a world power:mjlol: A alien that raises entire planets is on the level of china and shyt.:russ:

Nah, but tell me how the Wakanda we saw in IW would EVER have been a threat to...lets say Ironman for DOLO.

The point isn't that they should have defeated Thanos army, it's that we saw a shield and spears that sometimes shoot...and that's it.

A lot of y'all tryna disagree are lowkey making the OP's point by saying the Russos didn't want to mess with Coogler's world or Marvel didn't know how big BP would be.

It's not about Rhinos, It's the whole package - end of the universe and we're fighting with spears?

North Korea has more powerful tech than what Wakanda threw at Thanos army.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, but tell me how the Wakanda we saw in IW would EVER have been a threat to...lets say Ironman for DOLO.

The point isn't that they should have defeated Thanos army, it's that we saw a shield and spears that sometimes shoot...and that's it.

A lot of y'all tryna disagree are lowkey making the OP's point by saying the Russos didn't want to mess with Coogler's world or Marvel didn't know how big BP would be.

It's not about Rhinos, It's the whole package - end of the universe and we're fighting with spears?

What's Iron Man going to do? He doesn't even know where they are due to their shields, the same shielding the Black Order couldn't even get through :mjlol:

Iron Man would have no advantage running dolo. They would know he's coming He would need a massive Ultron army just to stand a chance. Wakanda's shield destroyed that drop ship with ease.

They were pretty much holding out (and on short notice, and didn't know who they would be fighting) so that Shuri could remove the stone and dispose of it.

If you're mad about the lack of tanks, machine guns, and scud missiles then get made at Coolger then and you have a warped since of Wakanda, they're more concerned about Wakandan defense, not waging large scale warfare.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ALL Facts.

Lowkey if that how they defend they home not only was Killmonger wrong but Tchalla dumb af to opening up Wakanda to the world. What would happen if some 1st world country pulled up talking about they need that Vibranium? Wakanda sure dont have the man power(looked like 1000s at best to defend against an alien attack) and the tech they showed especially in Infinity world isn't overwhelming enough to defend a sustained attack against any developed nation:yeshrug:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

:what: let's see North Korea try to get thru a forcefield the fukkin Black Order and an alien race could barely get thru without sending hundreds of them Kamikaze mode. Iron Man would die just trying to get TO Wakanda if they didnt wanna let him in. And if this was the comics. Wakanda would've been lost WORSE than they did in the movie to the fukkin Black Order by themselves. Let alone The Black Order and literally 1000s of alien soldiers. Muthafukkas held their own considering what they were against and yall in here bytchin.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
But did they? In Black Panther 1 we saw Planes, Projectile weapons, and Rhinos with armor(maybe tech couldn't remember). Where was all this in Infinity War?:jbhmm:

Op is right they did downgrade Wakanda for the film. It was one of the things I didnt like about the movie. You can't have Wakanda a threat to take over the world (if Killmonger had his way for the "sun to never set on the Wakandan Empire") but that be your defense of your homeland, even on short notice.

I was watching the movie thinking if this is what they got defending their homeland, then if Killmomger would have beat Tchalla they would have got washed by any 2nd world country:yeshrug:.

Thing is, flying jets inside of that small ass dome would've been counter-productive to say the least and dangerous to themselves to say the most. This is why Falcon and War Machine handled the aerial aspects instead, as they're much more controlled space to do so within that limited airspace. It would've been dope to have BP's 'Midnight Angel's Dora on display for that as well and wakandan airbikes, but they haven't been introduced into BP movies by Coogler yet (the latter was spoken of tho), so once again, the Russo Bros didn't want to toe-step there.

They had the spears/projective weapons one deck actually, just that in a movie of this size and scale it's hard to show everything going on all at once. Plus budgeting and screen-time gets out of control to do so anyways once you take into account of this (movie was already over 2 & 1/2 hours and over 300 mill budget, that went over budget mind you). The latter two sentiments is what also plays a part in why not any one movie can really showcase all of ever single hero/villains powerset/resource to their disposal cuz it's just too much to do. Plus, if everyone is all shining all at once, it'd be too bright to see everything (I'm being metaphorical here speaking on us as the viewer, trying to keep track of all the details of everything going on here). You already have some cats that missed some of the more minor details that did go on with what they displayed in the movie. I'll give you the rhinos tho (albeit, as someone else pointed out, it was W'Kabi that controlled them), as they could've had them in use (might've been a budget and timing thing there too, also, could've been a last minute addition to BP that Russo didn't know of/consider that deep into their own film to carry over. Granted, considering the grand scheme of things, they should've let W'Kabi and the rest of the Border Tribe out to deal with this global threat regardless probably.

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thing is, flying jets inside of that small ass dome would've been counter-productive to say the least and dangerous to themselves to say the most. This is why Falcon and War Machine handled the aerial aspects instead, as they're much more controlled space to do so within that limited airspace. It would've been dope to have BP's 'Midnight Angel's Dora on display for that as well and wakandan airbikes, but they haven't been introduced into BP movies by Coogler yet (the latter was spoken of tho), so once again, the Russo Bros didn't want to toe-step there.

They had the spears/projective weapons one deck actually, just that in a movie of this size and scale it's hard to show everything going on all at once. Plus budgeting and screen-time gets out of control to do so anyways once you take into account of this (movie was already over 2 & 1/2 hours and over 300 mill budget, that went over budget mind you). The latter two sentiments is what also plays a part in why not any one movie can really showcase all of ever single hero/villains powerset/resource to their disposal cuz it's just too much to do. Plus, if everyone is all shining all at once, it'd be too bright to see everything (I'm being metaphorical here speaking on us as the viewer, trying to keep track of all the details of everything going on here). You already have some cats that missed some of the more minor details that did go on with what they displayed in the movie. I'll give you the rhinos tho (albeit, as someone else pointed out, it was W'Kabi that controlled them), as they could've had them in use (might've been a budget and timing thing there too, also, could've been a last minute addition to BP that Russo didn't know of/consider that deep into their own film to carry over. Granted, considering the grand scheme of things, they should've let W'Kabi and the rest of the Border Tribe out to deal with this global threat regardless probably.

I mean this is a logical answer and I get it. But your answering the op point and what I said that earlier that wakanda was downplayed in infinity war even if for logical movie reasons.

My main issue with Wakanda being downplayed in Infinity War and looking back on it militarily in Black Panther1 was not such Wakanda kicking ass on alien invaders but they just looked too weak to defend themselves if a normal 2nd or 1st world nation came to their doorsteps.