Did Jesse Pinkman ruin Breaking Bad's replayability for you?

volk

Daps
Reppin
LA
Dumb question, maybe? What made Hank realize that Jesse Pinkman was the man he was looking for? Back when he was searching for the RV and ended up in Combo's old room he saw a picture of Jesse and Combo together. At that point he didn't know what Jesse looked like did he? Could have been any random friend in that picture. How did he see that picture and think 'that's my guy!'??

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dumb question, maybe? What made Hank realize that Jesse Pinkman was the man he was looking for? Back when he was searching for the RV and ended up in Combo's old room he saw a picture of Jesse and Combo together. At that point he didn't know what Jesse looked like did he? Could have been any random friend in that picture. How did he see that picture and think 'that's my guy!'??

He knew Jesse was a drug dealer from Skyler snooping around, which lead him to Tuco, who was one of the biggest drug dealers in the region. Jesse's car was at Tuco's. So that right there elevated him above "just a random guy I'm investigating" in Hank's mind.

Later, Hank was tracking the blue meth across New Mexico, and was led to the Mexican girl that Jesse gave the blue meth to in season 3, episode 4. While questioning her she described "a guy with blue eyes" and an RV. Hank went outiside and checked the camera in the ATM, which showed the RV. Hank checked the DMV, there was only 29 of those old school RVs in New Mexico.

The next episode Hank is tracking the RVs across the state, and the DMV reports that there was one more RV with that model, that didn't have it's registration renewed.

That RV belonged to Combo's mom, who reveals that her son took the RV. Hank goes into his room, sees the picture of Jesse, who has blue eyes.

So there's Jesse, a drug dealer Hank was already investigating, who has access to an RV, and a murdered drug dealer Combo, who was selling the blue meth.

Fred.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Super bump :wow:, but I just finished watching this piff. :banderas:

I didn't hate Jesse, but he fukked up a lot. However, underlying most of his fukkups is his association with Walt. For example, he wouldn't have been in the position to leave the keys in the ignition in the caravan of love and leave them stranded in the Mojave, if he didn't know Walt. He wouldn't have been out there making blue or whatever on his own accord. Ultimately, I think this is why Walt looks after Pinkman so. The predicaments Pinkman found himself weren't completely his own, and in most cases Walt was culpable to some degree as well, and he knew that. His shortcomings also were exacerbated by having a master manipulator in his ear all the time.

All in all, I felt conflicted about him (as I do most of the characters): there were times where I seriously disliked him, where he garnered my empathy, times when I thought his response was appropriate, times when I thought his response was inappropriate and he needed to "man up," and so on. He was a good character. I started out loathing Skyler, but in the end I don't. She did and said some very grimy shyt at different junctures (e.g., I fukked Ted, no Bosh), but she seemed confused her damn self and I couldn't blame her. She was torn between fully embracing the :demonic: life or trying to live out a banal suburban existence.The only character I really disliked throughout the whole show was Marie. I wanted her to mistakenly open up a letter bomb or some shyt, such an annoying nitwit.

Great show, though. It's definitely in my top 5. :wow:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Someone explain to me the fly episode. Never understood that shyt. Why was Walt stuck on the fuvking fly? I don't buy the whole contaminant thing

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Someone explain to me the fly episode. Never understood that shyt. Why was Walt stuck on the fuvking fly? I don't buy the whole contaminant thing

It was symbolic of his conscience. That's why at the end of the ep he told Jesse he was sorry about Jane.

It's also why a fly appeared at the start of the ep, after he killed Mike. He regretted it.

So yeah you're right, he wasn't tripping off the fly itself.

Fred.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
It was symbolic of his conscience. That's why at the end of the ep he told Jesse he was sorry about Jane.

It's also why a fly appeared at the start of the ep, after he killed Mike. He regretted it.

So yeah you're right, he wasn't tripping off the fly itself.

Fred.
Makes sense :ohhh: if I remember correctly, he says sorry, Jesse kills the fly, turns and sees Walt sleeping. Fly = conscious :banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
No! Whether you loved or ...hated him for whatever reasons. The Jesse character is still a huge reason why the show was so great.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
combo is jesses fault. if my boy tells me to expand and get ,ore money, im devising a plan to get money withpout getting hurt. jesse put combo ona corner where known gang members are. he could have devised something a little better than that. combo is jesses fault for not being on top of his business like that. everything cannot be blamed on walt

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
I still think it's hilarious that people side with a sociopath egomaniac that ruined multiple peoples lives, over an honest guy who was the closet thing to a sympathetic character on the show .