Did Jesse Pinkman ruin Breaking Bad's replayability for you?

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I rode with Walt up till the end of last season. He did everyone dirty including his own fam and for that I can't respect him.

Stopped giving a fukk about his well being when he killed Mike. Mostly because he was always jealous of Mike the way Jesse looked up to him

Also Jesse fukked up when he let Walt punk him out of his 5 mil for the chemical. He should have manned up and demanded walt give him his money. Had he done that.none of what happen would have happen....

That last half of the last season was some dark ass shyt breh...that alone makes the replay value bad...its just too goddamn sad how it plays out.....nobody won in that shows last moments...everybody suffered because of Walts egomanical bullshyt...his character was a dispacble one...

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Breaking Bad was about telling a story. It told it's story very well and tied it up neatly. I have no real desire to go back and rewatch it. When it was on I never cared about what color someone was wearing or other minutiae like that. The teddy bear in the beginning of certain episodes and those episodes titles' spelling out what happened was cool, but what would I really get from a replay this soon when I still remember the basic storyline?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
None of y'all even mentioned that he was one of Walt's students in the past.

All of this "why didn't he just kill him" shyt, it's because Walt saw him as a kid. That's also why he feels justified in messing with Jesse's life so much, because he doesn't recognize him as an adult man. Walt fukked with that other kid but he wasn't going to kill him, it was his way of manipulating Jesse.

Jesse was fine as a character, he's the Chris Moltisanti without the (arguable) swag Chris (sometimes) had.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

JSS

Pro
Daps
Even if you manage to put up with Jesse Pinkman, you still have to put up with Skylar :hhh:. Great fukking show, but I don't think I wanna rewatch it any time soon. Maybe after Better Call Saul ends.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
"Better Call Saul" worth it?
IMO not really. It is much slower paced character building and dialogue driven. The sleazy things he does are very subtle until several seasons in and the subject matter is of course less interesting. It’s not bad, I just lost interest. I don’t care about Saul enough to watch the slow build and slow downfall of his good guy side. It’s like watching the life of Jessie Pinkman starting with his tedious school schedule and study habits in senior year.

I love BB but something that has really bothered me is the way they have this “good guy gone wrong” backstories to white characters while the minorities always seem like they have always been doing “bad” things, as if they can’t be good guys gone bad too. And if they are it’s an after thought or only a ponderance for Walt. I haven’t watched the latest seasons of BCS but I get that from this show too.

Daps
Breaking Bad was about telling a story. It told it's story very well and tied it up neatly. I have no real desire to go back and rewatch it. When it was on I never cared about what color someone was wearing or other minutiae like that. The teddy bear in the beginning of certain episodes and those episodes titles' spelling out what happened was cool, but what would I really get from a replay this soon when I still remember the basic storyline?
Try it and see breh, plenty moments to relive if u liked the show.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
He was supposed to be killed early on. And you could tell because the last couple seasons he was just a wildcard plot device. As much as I love the show, it was probably my biggest gripe. If they wrote themselves into a box, they'd just have Jesse do some junkie shyt and yada yada yada. You could tell they didn't really plan on him being a lasting character.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
IMO not really. It is much slower paced character building and dialogue driven. The sleazy things he does are very subtle until several seasons in and the subject matter is of course less interesting. It’s not bad, I just lost interest. I don’t care about Saul enough to watch the slow build and slow downfall of his good guy side. It’s like watching the life of Jessie Pinkman starting with his tedious school schedule and study habits in senior year.

I love BB but something that has really bothered me is the way they have this “good guy gone wrong” backstories to white characters while the minorities always seem like they have always been doing “bad” things, as if they can’t be good guys gone bad too. And if they are it’s an after thought or only a ponderance for Walt. I haven’t watched the latest seasons of BCS but I get that from this show too.
Gus Fring doesnt get that. We go into his past and see why he is doing this.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He was supposed to be killed early on. And you could tell because the last couple seasons he was just a wildcard plot device. As much as I love the show, it was probably my biggest gripe. If they wrote themselves into a box, they'd just have Jesse do some junkie shyt and yada yada yada. You could tell they didn't really plan on him being a lasting character.

This isn't entirely accurate.

They never wrote Jesse dying. It was an idea before the first season was even done being written. By the time they had written half of season 1, they already knew Jesse definitely wasn't dying.

There's a ton of things that were "supposed" to happen (exploring Gus's family, Skyler dying, etc.) but they never moved past the brain storming stage.

Fred.