Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
So black people invented singing and music:ohhh:

I'm just fukking with yall.

No one created country music because it's origins have no invention. It was a style that was sang from cacs to nikkas in the frontier way before the Civil War Era.
Nobody invented nothing huh

Get the fukk outta here

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Y'all really hate country music in this bytch?
Really haven't seen that in here to be honest.

I do personally think this is a silly discussion. Ww've had what...2 black country artists to really take off? Charley Pride and Darius Rucker. They both killed it but it's obvious our stake in that direction of music isn't terribly deep. Regardless of whether we started it or not.

I can buy we influenced it as we influence every damn thing. :blessed:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Really haven't seen that in here to be honest.

I do personally think this is a silly discussion. Ww've had what...2 black country artists to really take off? Charley Pride and Darius Rucker. They both killed it but it's obvious our stake in that direction of music isn't terribly deep. Regardless of whether we started it or not.

I can buy we influenced it as we influence every damn thing. :blessed:
Ehhh there's been a few more over the years. One of which we won't speak his name because of the allegations against him.

Those are the two names that people easily go to.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Trash. I’ll stick to R&B :camby:

Dudes really try to act like it's significant mfers gravitate towards the most fisher-price ass music.

and I guarantee you majority of these artists, whether they black or not, think they "do" country cause they grew up in a small town and speak with a forced ass
accent.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not being a snob. If people have actual interest and appreciation for the music, that's all well and good. But if they're just using it for social points, they need to be called out. A lot of black folks say,"we created rock" but can't tell you a single Chuck Berry or Little Richard song. As a black artist this is my business and I abhor how black audiences seem to use black artists to propel their narratives at the expense of black artists. For many it's not really about the art. It's about styling on white people and claiming "we made this" but actually ask them about the music and you can tell they don't give a single fukk about it. It's the fakeness that gets me.

I'm happy there's interest in country music from the people because of Beyonce but at the very least make it genuine.

That right there....you not black

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Trash. I’ll stick to R&B :camby:
OMG, no wonder you guys are so miserable. You really believe you can only listen to 1 or 2 genres of music. It would probably blow your mind to know the number of genres of music that real musicians are able to consume and enjoy. Let me share a little secret with you --- you can actually stream mulitiple types of music and it doesn't compromise your Blackness at all. I know they don't teach you this in school, but it's really true.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You doing all the typing but can't use Google
You created the thread with bad intentions trying discredit Black Americans impact on the origin of country music

wUA3J0m.png

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
OMG, no wonder you guys are so miserable. You really believe you can only listen to 1 or 2 genres of music. It would probably blow your mind to know the number of genres of music that real musicians are able to consume and enjoy. Let me share a little secret with you --- you can actually stream mulitiple types of music and it doesn't compromise your Blackness at all. I know they don't teach you this in school, but it's really true.

Why do yall get so offended when people ain't rocking with a something you enjoy? Damn.