Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There was a few black country singers that STARTED that shyt until the white folks pushed them out...:what: that's a historical fact... why is OP so retarded???

The moment they start making threads they could easily Google, you know there's a delay

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Cause Country sucks ass thats why

On one hand,"black people made country music". On the other,"country music sucks."

Is it Oochie Wally or One Mic?

He just wants to claim black people created country. He doesn't actually give a fukk about the music or the people that made the genre. Black artists are chess pieces for people like him to be used over the white man. They don't actually care.

Now he negging me calling me an oreo. I hate phony fukks like you. Fake ass bytch.

Daps
It was created by Black cowboys. More of our folks identified with the Blues so that's where the focus went. The excitement of the Blues led to more ears and stories being told about it. Country music didn't and don't have that kind of excitement.
Folks don't know about Bluegrass music.... that's the origins

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
The moment they start making threads they could easily Google, you know there's a delay
A simple google search doesn’t give you “Country music came from Black artists” Its not a simple answer. Did black people influence what we know as country music? Yes… but it’s not “our music”.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
A simple google search doesn’t give you “Country music came from Black artists” Its not a simple answer. Did black people influence what we know as country music? Yes… but it’s not “our music”.
typically something becomes [yours] via the creation + item becoming a cultural staple. Can we say Country is a staple among [southern] black folks?

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
typically something becomes [yours] via the creation + item becoming a cultural staple. Can we say Country is a staple among [southern] black folks?
No. I don’t ever remember blacks folks saying country music comes from us while coming up :mjlol:This is some new age bs that’s being repeated because they heard someone else say it. The same sheep who suddenly became country music fans all because of beyonce.

Last edited:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
On one hand,"black people made country music". On the other,"country music sucks."

Is it Oochie Wally or One Mic?

He just wants to claim black people created country. He doesn't actually give a fukk about the music or the people that made the genre. Black artists are chess pieces for people like him to be used over the white man. They don't actually care.

Now he negging me calling me an oreo. I hate phony fukks like you. Fake ass bytch.

You are a oreo ass bytch

because you generalizing black people as a whole when the situation don't call for it.

This was my original post on the matter.

Literally

No need to defend country music even if its created by us when blues blows it out the water

And its actual relatable

The key word being "if" you non-reading pansy. I didn't say we inveted, I made it clear I think the music sucks ass and is boring as fukk.

Don't be mad at the community cause they realize your shyt don't hit and ain't worth jocking, that's on YOU.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
As someone who spent the majority of their life in the south, the answer is no.
I`m a southern and that shyt was always trash to us. Who the fukk watched CMT or whatever country channel growing up lmfao. Black Rural folks wasn't listening to that bullshyt either, and if you go to the Gulf/lousiana them nikkas was listening to Zydeco if you want to get into edge case scenarios.

This is the gift and curse with the internet nikkas say anything to feel proud seek pride and we look stupid when its grounded in nothing snd then it gets used as fuel to delegitimize shyt we actually did create or contribute to as "there go them nikkas tryna claim everything"

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
reminds me how there’s a “keep Kpop Korean” movement but their popular music is black music with Korean voices and they keep trolling their black fans with racism

And yeah Country is black. It’s just marketed for white people to have their lane with blues music. Learn about race records and hot and sweet music. Plenty of books and people are posting evidence in the thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No. I don’t ever remember blacks folks saying country music comes from us while coming up :mjlol:This is some new age bs that’s being repeated because they heard someone else say it. The same sheep who suddenly became country music fans all because of beyonce.

lol its why Beyonce is like Kevin Durant status when it comes to the "greats", yeah bytch be scoring her ass off but she will never be reminded with the GOATs imo