Did Black Folks really create Country Music? That’s what shea butter twitter is claiming now.

Are you a fan of country music?

• Yes

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 67.3%

• Total voters

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Dudes really try to act like it's significant mfers gravitate towards the most fisher-price ass music.

and I guarantee you majority of these artists, whether they black or not, think they "do" country cause they grew up in a small town and speak with a forced ass
accent.
They’re do music they love.. can’t knock them for it but their main audience is white country fans. Black fans
You doing all the typing but can't use Google
You created the thread with bad intentions trying discredit Black Americans impact on the origin of country music

wUA3J0m.png
You quoted an opinion piece. That’s why I need @IllmaticDelta to really break this down. Without a doubt Black people influenced the music especially with the blues. I wouldn’t claim country music as “our music”. I’m definitely not doing it now just because beyonce made a country album.

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
OMG, no wonder you guys are so miserable. You really believe you can only listen to 1 or 2 genres of music. It would probably blow your mind to know the number of genres of music that real musicians are able to consume and enjoy. Let me share a little secret with you --- you can actually stream mulitiple types of music and it doesn't compromise your Blackness at all. I know they don't teach you this in school, but it's really true.
No. You can enjoy all kinds of genres… which I do. I just don’t fukk with Country music like that…I heard a few country songs before that I thought was alright. Kenny loggins the gambler Is cool. You mean to tell me you’re going to country music festivals with Trump supporters? :mjlol:
trump supporter mrbillybounce meme troll

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I'm not being a snob. If people have actual interest and appreciation for the music, that's all well and good. But if they're just using it for social points, they need to be called out. A lot of black folks say,"we created rock" but can't tell you a single Chuck Berry or Little Richard song. As a black artist this is my business and I abhor how black audiences seem to use black artists to propel their narratives at the expense of black artists. For many it's not really about the art. It's about styling on white people and claiming "we made this" but actually ask them about the music and you can tell they don't give a single fukk about it. It's the fakeness that gets me.

I'm happy there's interest in country music from the people because of Beyonce but at the very least make it genuine.

I don't drink Jack Daniel's Whiskey and I can acknowledge that a black man creates the formula for it. You don't have to be a fan of something to acknowledge a fact.

I listen to rock and its subgenres more than anything else but I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of Chuck and LR's work (or really most rock artist before that late 60s). That doesn't change the fact that they helped pioneer the genre.

I feel like black people are missing the forest for the trees on this issue. Because the crux of it is racism. The reason why there are black people that bring up the role black folks had in creating these genres is in response to racism. The issue with Beyonce, and really a lot of these Black country artists not getting the radio play like they should is racism.

I'm not telling folks what to think on this issue, but I believe the "yall don't even like country anyways" take is shortsighted.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
No. You can enjoy all kinds of genres… which I do. I just don’t fukk with Country music like that…I heard a few country songs before that I thought was alright. Kenny loggins the gambler Is cool. You mean to tell me you’re going to country music festivals with Trump supporters? :mjlol:
trump supporter mrbillybounce meme troll

I definitely ain't going to country music festivals, but I do like some country music. I don't go to Aerosmith shows for the same reason but I fukk with their music.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I don't drink Jack Daniel's Whiskey and I can acknowledge that a black man creates the formula for it. You don't have to be a fan of something to acknowledge a fact.

I listen to rock and its subgenres more than anything else but I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of Chuck and LR's work (or really most rock artist before that late 60s). That doesn't change the fact that they helped pioneer the genre.

I feel like black people are missing the forest for the trees on this issue. Because the crux of it is racism. The reason why there are black people that bring up the role black folks had in creating these genres is in response to racism. The issue with Beyonce, and really a lot of these Black country artists not getting the radio play like they should is racism.

I'm not telling folks what to think on this issue, but I believe the "yall don't even like country anyways" take is shortsighted.
Which has been argument that people like Mickey Guyton has been bringing up for years that people didn't bother talking about or bringing up until Beyonce made the transition to country. Black artist not getting the same time or airplay as their white counterparts isn't new or surprising and it shouldn't have taken Beyonce doing it for for people to speak up and actually bring the issue to the forefront.